OFFICIAL Ye fka "kanYe West" x G.O.O.D. Music Thread - ¥$ (AKA YE X TY DOLLA SIGN) - VULTURES 2 (NOW AVAILABLE sorta)

It is. Sorry ya still stuck in the past but if a rapper puts out a album spitting his *** off but the beats and his flow/delivery are off Its trash. This isn't the 90's anymore keep those 60 bars per verse there. A little bit off both is good and I expect nothing great from Kanye on that front

Nobody wanted to hear crazy lyrics over trash bests back then. They wanted both and MCs all had their own style. It was way more creative all around. Now everyone is only concerned about the beats and sounding like whoever is hot right now and could give a **** about lyrics. The problem is when it comes to Kanye he always prided himself on lyrics and beats. So that's why people aren't standing for these two dollar lyrics.

It's a difference in saying you're not expecting amazing bar vs lyrics don't matter

And just because you care about what a rapper saying doesn't mean your stuck in the 90's :lol: you've said that same dumb **** like three times already

It's doesn't matter as much it's not the main focus anymore and hasn't been for more than a decade

Nobody wanted to hear crazy lyrics over trash bests back then. They wanted both and MCs all had their own style. It was way more creative all around. Now everyone is only concerned about the beats and sounding like whoever is hot right now and could give a **** about lyrics. The problem is when it comes to Kanye he always prided himself on lyrics and beats. So that's why people aren't standing for these two dollar lyrics.

I cannot remember a time when Kanye prided himself on lyrics. He was always average at times just a step above.

Anyways I'm not arguing with anybody all I'm saying is accept the album and artist for what they are. Rappers not really spitting like that anymore but they still make good music and good albums

Last edited:
I'm still waiting for the CDQ so I haven't heard nothing yet but Kanye is still a rapper :lol: lyrics mean something. If it's all about flow and beats then he's just like every new rapper that pops up.

Diffrent rappers for diffrent things. Not gonna listen to a nas album expecting an amazing musical experience and I won't listen to a ye album expecting amazing bars.

Yeah but Kanye has always had good lyrics (until Yeezus). Ironically his flow is where he lacks. He always said **** that means something or people could relate to. Lyrics are always gonna matter. You must be young as hell thinking they don't.

Last edited:
FML is on repeat 
smokin.gif

cant wait for CDQ... gonna take my car for a cruise and just think and meditate ...1000%srs

Yeah but Kanye has always had good lyrics. Ironically his flow is where he lacks. He always said **** that means something or people could relate to. Lyrics are always gonna matter. You must be young as hell thinking they don't.

No actually I was alive and well buying albums during the 90's.

Yeah but Kanye has always had good lyrics. Ironically his flow is where he lacks. He always said **** that means something or people could relate to. Lyrics are always gonna matter. You must be young as hell thinking they don't.

I know right, Kanye has usually had top north production with as least average bars of not good ones. Dude can't be over 22 talking this nonsense.

I cannot remember a time when Kanye prided himself on lyrics. He was always average at times just a step above.

Anyways I'm not arguing with anybody all I'm saying is accept the album and artist for what they are. Rappers not really spitting like that anymore but they still make good music and good albums

His first three albums had great lyrics. Sure they weren't complex rhyme schemes but they were witty and creative and he could tell a good story. Now he tries to incorporate too many different rap styles on one album so the lyrics suffer.

His first three albums had great lyrics. Sure they weren't complex rhyme schemes but they were witty and creative and he could tell a good story. Now he tries to incorporate too many different rap styles on one album so the lyrics suffer.

Not great just adequate. He's always been average at time a little above that as I said.

No actually I was alive and well buying albums during the 90's.

So you the real old dust head. :lol:

People want good lyrics. You can't have a good album with trash lyrics. That's why Real Friends and Parties in LA were basically loved by everyone.

So you the real old dust head. :lol:

People want good lyrics. You can't have a good album with trash lyrics. That's why Real Friends and Parties in LA were basically loved by everyone.

I guess but I'm not about to judge an artist solely on lyrics like most my generation does. Musically and sonically >>> lyrics. Nas the goat to me but he has soooo many wack tracks just cause the beat and hook were garbage but he had good verses

This generation is different.. People these days really not looking for superior lyrics from a rapper ... As long as you have a trap beat and a flow .. They don't really care

I understand what you're saying but Kanye was on Def Poetry. He definitely knew the importance of powerful lyrics.

He always had writers (Rhymefest and Consequence) but he also ghost wrote some dope **** for people and he could always be relied upon for witty clever bars.

He never claimed to be the best rapper (he was on record saying in his own crew Jay, Common, Cam and Twista were all better than him) but he could always hold his own and he was always the most relatable.

I think Yeezus was ******* fire but I understand why it hurt people who wanted the old Kanye that was always trying to have HIS best verse on every track he's on. (Remember the Put On verse?)

Where people lose me is implying he's totally switched his style up or lost something. Same dudes that were saying the same thing when Stronger dropped ("why's Ye covering techno songs") or crying when 808s dropped ("why's Ye singing when he can't sing? I want bars!") same dudes who know are pleading for the old version of Wolves back when Ye took 90% of the singing off and rapped on it.

He's just trying to do what, to him, is the most interesting musically. Sometimes that's No More Parties in LA and sometimes that's Blood on the Leaves. People need to chill and let son cook. Then if you don't like the taste, there's plenty other MCs out there.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom