OFFICIAL Ye fka "kanYe West" x G.O.O.D. Music Thread - ¥$ (AKA YE X TY DOLLA SIGN) - VULTURES 2 (NOW AVAILABLE sorta)

Where people lose me is implying he's totally switched his style up or lost something. Same dudes that were saying the same thing when Stronger dropped ("why's Ye covering techno songs") or crying when 808s dropped ("why's Ye singing when he can't sing? I want bars!") same dudes who know are pleading for the old version of Wolves back when Ye took 90% of the singing off and rapped on it.

He's just trying to do what, to him, is the most interesting musically. Sometimes that's No More Parties in LA and sometimes that's Blood on the Leaves. People need to chill and let son cook. Then if you don't like the taste, there's plenty other MCs out there.

Preach

Nobody wanted to hear crazy lyrics over trash bests back then. They wanted both and MCs all had their own style. It was way more creative all around. Now everyone is only concerned about the beats and sounding like whoever is hot right now and could give a **** about lyrics. The problem is when it comes to Kanye he always prided himself on lyrics and beats. So that's why people aren't standing for these two dollar lyrics.

I cannot remember a time when Kanye prided himself on lyrics. He was always average at times just a step above.

Anyways I'm not arguing with anybody all I'm saying is accept the album and artist for what they are. Rappers not really spitting like that anymore but they still make good music and good albums

I understand what you're saying but Kanye was on Def Poetry. He definitely knew the importance of powerful lyrics.

He always had writers (Rhymefest and Consequence) but he also ghost wrote some dope **** for people and he could always be relied upon for witty clever bars.

He never claimed to be the best rapper (he was on record saying in his own crew Jay, Common, Cam and Twista were all better than him) but he could always hold his own and he was always the most relatable.

I think Yeezus was ******* fire but I understand why it hurt people who wanted the old Kanye that was always trying to have HIS best verse on every track he's on. (Remember the Put On verse?)

Where people lose me is implying he's totally switched his style up or lost something. Same dudes that were saying the same thing when Stronger dropped ("why's Ye covering techno songs") or crying when 808s dropped ("why's Ye singing when he can't sing? I want bars!") same dudes who know are pleading for the old version of Wolves back when Ye took 90% of the singing off and rapped on it.

He's just trying to do what, to him, is the most interesting musically. Sometimes that's No More Parties in LA and sometimes that's Blood on the Leaves. People need to chill and let son cook. Then if you don't like the taste, there's plenty other MCs out there.

I respect this post, good takes.
Serious. Understand you a lot better now.

My bad for giving you a hard time earlier.
Repped.

To add to the conversation, I think Kanye is much more influential and popular world wide than Drake, but in North America, Drake is King right now. Drake's last mixtape was better than Ye's last album... Drake has set trends and introduced new ideas into hip hop the same way that Kanye has done over the last decade or so. Drake made the Migos flow hot... hell, Drake made the Migos hot. To say that it's not even close is a stretch... If anything Drake is hotter right now, but there would be no Drake without Ye.

So drake def didn't make the migos hot. They had a large buzz already. That buzz is why drake hopped on the track in the first place. Migos made the "migos flow" hot.

Yeezus was decent IMO and better than drakes last tape which was more of the same for drake IMO.
Maybe that's just me.

Are we comparing 2 rappers who rap part time to see who the best RAPPER is or do I need to go read previous pages? I'm no even gonna comment on the post above tho, so many lies in there.

So drake def didn't make the migos hot. They had a large buzz already. That buzz is why drake hopped on the track in the first place. Migos made the "migos flow" hot.

Yeezus was decent IMO and better than drakes last tape which was more of the same for drake IMO.
Maybe that's just me.
Migos are a one truck pony though. The buzz is gone, and Drake is still here, with the Migos flow on every track. Hell, even Cole used the Migos flow after Drake.

Maybe that's just me.
Don't even do it b. They gonna tell u how he made makonen, future, fetty and every other dude with a buzz hot too.

Migos are a one truck pony though. The buzz is gone, and Drake is still here, with the Migos flow on every track. Hell, even Cole used the Migos flow after Drake.
So basically he stole their flow?
I just want that thugger song, Kanye can keep playing his u can have it, no u can't have it games, I'll just wait til it drops.

So basically he stole their flow?
I just want that thugger song, Kanye can keep playing his u can have it, no u can't have it games, I'll just wait til it drops.
yea, he def. Stole their flow... I'm not a Drake fan boy either... can't we like both? I just think Kanye is the downs and Drake is at his pinnacle right now. Drake in 2016 is Ye in 2010. That's just my opinion... I love and appreciate both artists.

:rofl: at this album still not even being out, this "perfectionist" needs to make his mind already.

Last edited:
Fetty? Nahhh. Trap Queen was already huge on the radio before Drake did the My Way remix.
All those dudes were on their way, had a huge buzz already, how do people think he even heard of em. He just introduced em to that "other" audience that don't care to hear dudes talk about trap and selling dope. Everybody in the know knew who those artist and the songs he hope Don are always bubbling prior.

Back
Top Bottom