OFFICIAL Ye fka "kanYe West" x G.O.O.D. Music Thread - ¥$ (AKA YE X TY DOLLA SIGN) - VULTURES 2 (NOW AVAILABLE sorta)

I never understand how people like Yeezus which was supreme garbage, and dont like TLOP which was all types of funk. Like literally go song for song, there was so much heat on there, not much weakness. Ye has a lot of exceptional projects so I dont expect it at the top of all lists, but it should be in the middle or lower middle of the lists. It way better than Yeezus and for most people lists, better than 808s.

People who got MBDTF as no. 1 like more hardcorish type of music from Ye, like myself so I get that. The top album on ppls lists also speak to where you were in life when you heard it and how it spoke to you at the time. Its never completely objective. But the variety in which ppl ranks Yes projects testifies that he has one of the best discographies of all time.

yet you continually fail understand why someone subjectively feels differently about music.

And you fail to realize this is a forum where people stand behind their beliefs... if we just agreed to disagree, this place would be pointless to visit and have conversation..

1. Graduation
2. Late Registration
3.MBDTF
4. College Dropout
5. 808’s
6. Yeezus
7. TLOP
8. Ye

The Glow in the Dark tour changed my life. One of the greatest events I’ve ever been to in my life. That time in my life was just magical. Graduation Kanye >>>>>

I thought the MAGA marketing was entertaining af, and then the album dropped and it had nothing to
do with the final product...? Like wtf was the point!? It made him look dumb imo.

One thing I will say is that every Kanye album has been amazing sonically. Even Yeezus. The production was cold; it was different but cold.

The issue is the lyrical content. Years ago when it became commonly know that Kanye has a lot of help in the writing department my heart “broke”. Every Kanye album up to Fantasy has been BARRED UP. I use to give that man credit for being an exceptional lyricist and all world producer :smh:

The Lyrics on everything after MBDTF has been meh to laughable. I’d compare 2 of his albums that went way off course in terms of what we thought we’d hear from him sonically and direction wise (808s and Yeezus) are similar in that fact. The difference is the lyrical quality.

I still imagine what Bound 2 could’ve been with superior lyrics or a superior lyricist :frown::smh:
Son fumbled a masterpiece. Even as the record stands now it’s an 8/10 for me.

1. MBDTF
2. LR
3. CD
4. Graduation
5. TLOP
6. 808s
7. Yeezus
8. Ye

Kanye dont got a truly bad album to me.
This album cool. I like 5 outta 7 but its just too damn short. Ghost Town is one of the best songs hes released in awhile just cuz of that outro tho. Jawn would be perfect to close a show with

I thought the MAGA marketing was entertaining af, and then the album dropped and it had nothing to
do with the final product...? Like wtf was the point!? It made him look dumb imo.

And now you look dumb for thinking it was anything other than marketing. When has Kanye ever really explained his asinine actions? He hasn’t—he does/says dumb **** and then acts like it never happened. But he got your attention though....

And now you look dumb for thinking it was anything other than marketing. When has Kanye ever really explained his asinine actions? He hasn’t—he does/says dumb **** and then acts like it never happened. But he got your attention though....

I wouldn’t say I look dumb because I was entertained by his antics. I would say, as an artist as great as him, he could have put some of that into the album and made actual sense of it.

I never understand how people like Yeezus which was supreme garbage, and dont like TLOP which was all types of funk. Like literally go song for song, there was so much heat on there, not much weakness. Ye has a lot of exceptional projects so I dont expect it at the top of all lists, but it should be in the middle or lower middle of the lists. It way better than Yeezus and for most people lists, better than 808s.

People who got MBDTF as no. 1 like more hardcorish type of music from Ye, like myself so I get that. The top album on ppls lists also speak to where you were in life when you heard it and how it spoke to you at the time. Its never completely objective. But the variety in which ppl ranks Yes projects testifies that he has one of the best discographies of all time.

Love both Yeezus and TLOP. Love Yeezus more, because he's more savage on there. Vicious all over the album.

I wouldn’t say I look dumb because I was entertained by his antics. I would say, as an artist as great as him, he could have put some of that into the album and made actual sense of it.

I aint trying to hear no album full of MAGA type stuff bruh. Im glad he kept politics outta this album. He explained his position on that stuff perfectly on Ye vs The People

In an interview he said he had some lines that addressed that maga crap, but decided to take it off because it was too much. If Kanye thought it was too much then I wonder what was the line(s)? :nerd:

He tried pushing the confederate flag merch before but no one was rocking with that.

I aint trying to hear no album full of MAGA type stuff bruh. Im glad he kept politics outta this album. He explained his position on that stuff perfectly on Ye vs The People

Right. I don’t want a full album of that **** either. BUT tying some of that in would have made some
Sense. I feel like there was no point or direction to
this album, and all the marketing was worthless in the end. That’s all I’m saying... Kanye’s work always has a reason. This was a mess..

I don’t get the Ghost Town hype AT ALL. It’s basically just FSMH pt1 but longer. I been listening 070 shake for a minute but with her part of this something just is clunky and off imo. Other than that and iTAKY the albums is fire
Wouldn’t leave and violent crimes probably my favorite tracks right now

And I don’t understand how people have yeezus over this. Album is trash and aged terribly besides blood on the leaves

Word, I see what you’re saying.

That said, I don’t think there’s much to make sense of. Not everything he does/says requires deep thoughts to decipher. He ****s with Trump—that’s all there is to it.

My list:
1. 808s
2. MBDTF
3. Graduation
4. LR
5. TLOP
6. CD
7. Ye
8. Yeezus

If you ask ten people you can will most likely get ten different answers, that’s the beauty of it. “All Falls Down” is literally one of my favorite songs of all time, any genre, but CD as a whole isn’t close to being my favorite Ye album.

1. MBDTF
2. LR
3. CD
4. Graduation
5. TLOP
6. 808s
7. Yeezus
8. Ye

Kanye dont got a truly bad album to me.
Literally every fan of Kanye West has a different list of their favorite albums and that because of personal preference. This shows he doesn't really have a bad album, some mind just be favored over others. I loved almost alot of the songs on TCD but it also had plenty of songs I didn't care for. I personally don't get the 808s hype, the only songs I like on there are Heartless, Amazing, Love Lockdown, and Paronoid. The rest are meh to me. Yeezus was so different that it showed me a new type of sound and I can play that album front to back without skipping one song.. Everyone just has different tastes and that's okay.

Back
Top Bottom