OFFICIAL Ye fka "kanYe West" x G.O.O.D. Music Thread - ¥$ (AKA YE X TY DOLLA SIGN) - VULTURES 2 (NOW AVAILABLE sorta)

Two and a possible

I like All Mine and Wouldn't Leave

Lyrics are underwhelming. I hope he didn't need help with these lyrics

This really doesn't sound that great in the car. Kanye's always lacked in drums.

Nope, Nah, not for me. I always respect when an artist tries to do something different or tries to bring something new to hip hop and for the most part Kanye was on the forefront of that. I can respect the blending of genres and searching for a new sound because sometimes it can lead to Stankonia or TPAB but then sometimes it can lead to... whatever this was.

This album sucks. It's just not hip-hop. This should be listed with alternative or something. I thought I would maybe like Yikes or Ghost Town due to the responses on here but nope. Only one I was kind of feeling was Violent Crimes.

I still respect Kanye the producer though. Daytona showed me that. And I know he can still rap because his feature on What would Meek do was better than this. So I'm still looking forward to Nas' album.

Nope, Nah, not for me. I always respect when an artist tries to do something different or tries to bring something new to hip hop and for the most part Kanye was on the forefront of that. I can respect the blending of genres and searching for a new sound because sometimes it can lead to Stankonia or TPAB but then sometimes it can lead to... whatever this was.

This album sucks. It's just not hip-hop. This should be listed with alternative or something. I thought I would maybe like Yikes or Ghost Town due to the responses on here but nope. Only one I was kind of feeling was Violent Crimes.

I still respect Kanye the producer though. Daytona showed me that. And I know he can still rap because his feature on What would Meek do was better than this. So I'm still looking forward to Nas' album.

alternative...?

Let's just face it. This man can't rap anymore. No bars. Same flow. Hearing him rap on tracks is outright embarrassing at times these days and it hurts me to even be saying all this. At this point, he should stick to production.

Listened to the album a few times, first time only liked 2 songs. It's all over the place. But I actually think it's ok after a few listens. It is definitely at the bottom of his catalog though.

1a. mbdtf 1b. Graduation
2. LR
3. CD
4. 808s
5. TLOP
6. Ye
7. Yeezus

My personal ranking:
1. MBDTF
2. Late Registration
3. TLOP
4. Yeezus
5. Graduation
6. Ye
7. 808s & Heartbreak
8. The College Dropout
*The College Dropout isn't a bad album, just not my favorite out of the 8

Last edited:
My personal ranking:
1. MBDTF
2. Late Registration
3. TLOP
4. Yeezus
5. Graduation
6. Ye
7. 808s & Heartbreak
8. The College Dropout
*This doesn't mean The College Dropout is a bad album, just not my favorite out of the 8

CD last?

giphy.gif

A man who's been admitted to a mental health hospital, who has a bipolar disorder, openly talking about killing someone, even himself...

Everything you said from top. i can say exactly about Rocky and his album

The sins of this garbage album will be forgiven if he delivers on Kids See Ghosts and producing Nas' album.

Man I've been sad lately. Listening back to old Kanye and remembering the good times. I posted on here when College Dropout dropped, and LR and Graduation and all the rest, and the conversations were so beautifully positive and hyped. The dude brought us so much good stuff... "Run This Town" and "Put On" came on my workout playlist and I even got nostalgic about his past guest verses.

But it's just as I feared... the chances of him putting together a decent project are basically gone. TLOP was only listenable after I deleted like 6 filler tracks and voice mails or whatever. At least that one has like a 6-8 song core of good stuff.

"Ye" is 23 minutes. What are we even supposed to do with that? It felt like a Good Friday drop. And for a dude that used to be known for having excellent openers, the one on Ye is just trying to be edgy via like tryhard spoken word empty threats. It transitions to something different but his efforts to be known as "crazy" or "different" are just so incredibly transparent and predictable. I knew we were in for some BS when the Travis Scott track came out and he just says "OPIOID ADDICTION" with zero subtlety.

Yikes is pretty good, I think. The rest is real average. The next track where he says "none of us would be here without c*m" is right up there with the bleached ahole and taylor swift lines with his absolute worst.

It's over before you know it, and there's nothing on it that explains his damaging political BS and recent actions/words that had people PRAYING that something on this album would reveal it's all a stunt, or part of a deeper statement. He is entirely too focused on shocking us and has no relatable grip anymore on life as a normal person. The man who rapped about folding khakis at GAP is so far gone.

My personal ranking:
1. MBDTF
2. Late Registration
3. TLOP
4. Yeezus
5. Graduation
6. Ye
7. 808s & Heartbreak
8. The College Dropout
*The College Dropout isn't a bad album, just not my favorite out of the 8

I know this is your personal list, but it's ... not good

Back