OFFICIAL Ye fka "kanYe West" x G.O.O.D. Music Thread - ¥$ (AKA YE X TY DOLLA SIGN) - VULTURES (NOW AVAILABLE WOWWWW)

Was talking to a homie about the album. Mentioned my favorite cut as a whole was probably "Real Friends", which Havoc co-produces, and he dropped this gem (pun intended) on me which I was completely unaware of......

When Kanye West was recording My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy in Hawaii, he famously hung a sign on the studio wall that read “What would Mobb Deep do?”

:pimp:

Half the posters in here never listened to a Mobb song in their life tho

WOW THIS IS HUGE!!!!!

Kanye West’s ‘Pablo’ Doubles TIDAL Subscriptions

TIDAL can thank Yeezy. Fresh off the release of Kanye West’s latest album, The Life of Pablo, the global streaming service has experienced a significant financial boost.

According to TMZ, TLOP has been streamed more than 100 million times since the album was unleashed a little less than two weeks ago. Not only is this a record for the streaming service, but it’s also more than doubled the amount of TIDAL subscribers—from 1 million to 2.5 million. This could total up to at least $15 million in additional revenue, the report says.

TMZ’s source also claims that a physical Life of Pablo drop could be on the horizon, but that’s yet to be seen. For now, though, the album’s TIDAL success won’t amount to success on the charts.

“Billboard has been informed that TIDAL is not currently reporting streams for tracks on Kanye’s album to Nielsen Music,” said Billboard’s vice president of charts and data development, Silvio Pietroluongo. “Therefore streams from TIDAL for this title will not contribute to Billboard’s chart rankings at this time.”

Earlier this month, Kanye said he would never sell the album. “My album will never never never be on Apple,” he tweeted. “And it will never be for sale… You can only get it on TIDAL. Also all Good Fridays songs will be on TIDAL. Me and Kendrick got 40 songs and me and Young Thug got 40 songs. 40/40 club!!!”

^^^ he will, eventually, only so far Tidal can go, and I don't see too many people getting and keeping it, they got what they could get, and they're going to be out.

Usually I don't get down with dude's rant, but this time it is justified. Like seriously what the hell is ezrin's connection to the culture besides knowing a few names and being somewhat involved in "Fade to Black"? It is a holes like dude that spew their non informed perspectives about what the music should be that we listen to, and record execs listen. Whatever.

Last edited:
I'm convinced all of this ish is contrived. Ye probably cackling with Bob while he's on his Twitter fingers :smh:

pimp.gif
  that Where I'm From sample

Last edited:
^song sounds crazy

most of the raps on TLOP sound like he really aint put that much effort into apart from a few tracks

this however like  vintage Ye 
pimp.gif

Last edited:
@4:40 Did he say he was in negotiations with Apple??? Audio was really muffled. If so Tim better call this man so I can get my album.

Ezrin's article wasn't too far off base. There does seem to be some underlying issues that he has with Kanye which comes across as a personal attack.

Usually I don't get down with dude's rant, but this time it is justified. Like seriously what the hell is ezrin's connection to the culture besides knowing a few names and being somewhat involved in "Fade to Black"? It is a holes like dude that spew their non informed perspectives about what the music should be that we listen to, and record execs listen. Whatever.
What about all the suburban kids who love Kanye
They don't have no connection with the culture
But he don't seem to have a problem with them when they like his music
It can't be just one way

Ezrin's article wasn't too far off base. There does seem to be some underlying issues that he has with Kanye which comes across as a personal attack.

Wasn't too far off base ? What part was accurate?

He said Kanye is not creative.
We won't remember his music 20 years from now (We are 12 years into his career now)
Kanye isn't on the same level beat wise as Rick Rubin and Timbo

Ye's rants are more popular than his music

Again which statement is true?

He's ignorant and doesn't know **** about hip hop

Back
Top Bottom