OFFICIAL Ye fka "kanYe West" x G.O.O.D. Music Thread - ¥$ (AKA YE X TY DOLLA SIGN) - VULTURES (NOW AVAILABLE WOWWWW)

Still can't get over how crappy this list it :lol: :lol:

You feel me. And people got the nerve to talk about what is "Grammy worthy" in Hip Hop :smh: :lol:.

That award show never understood hip hop. Luda out here winning best hip hop song for "Shake your money maker"....Eminem is the most decorated Grammy winner of all time when he's been washed since a decade...and Nas doesn't have one. They just nominate the safest, most popular artist or recognizable artist.... Regardless of quality of music. Then will throw in the popular conscious rapper at the time to add some credibility.

Gotta stop looking at that award show to validate this genre. I find it hilariously ironic that Kanye slams complex....but is always looking for validation from other outlets that know way less, or give the least fcks about Hip Hop.

Source awards gotta come back man. Wounds have been healed. It's time.

Agree with every bit of this, along with what illphillip illphillip and @tay1 said. Come across something else which would explain why the Grammy's and other shows end up that way. It pretty much detailed the amount of black writers/journalists for all different music publications (Rolling Stone and Noisey are the only ones I can remember right now), and out of all the magazines listed (about 8 of them) there's less than 15 total blacks working there for huge companies like those. That's not the lone thing that keeps award shows in shambles like they are, but that's a major issue. Somebody mentioned they're just simply out of touch with the genre, which is ironic cause hip hop is all about being current and transcending. The majority of writers and people behind the scenes simply aren't hip hop folks. They're not in tune at all. A 7 year old could've picked those nominees they listed.

The Grammy committee isn't just writers from my understanding.

I know one dude who works in music publishing that's on the committee. Who publishes a guy with placements on Future albums.

And he's white :lol:

But I don't doubt that good representatives as a whole are lacking on that committee.

I'm late to the convo but I'll chime in very quickly:

I know a guy who works in music who is on the committee. I was complaining that Yeezus didn't even get a nomination when in my opinion it and GKMC were hands down the most creative/progressive popular music albums out at the time (in any genre.) meanwhile ******** like The Heist and MMLP2 which was undeniable trash are winning rap album of the year and ****** Iggy Azalea's culture vulture *** is getting nominated for everything.

And his response was "Honestly, I don't even really listen to rap outside of the radio. If i don't recognize any of the names I just ask my son what his favorite rap music is and vote for that."

They get all the nominated music to listen to, and committee members simply choose not to.

Or in his case he turned Yeezus off after two-three songs.

That sums up what Kanye is saying.

Yea but this sums up what a lot of other people been saying :lol:

The guy did win Rap Album Of The Year for his first 3 albums and MBDTF though.

I don't disagree that terrible albums get nominated though. Macklemore was gonna get it no matter what. Rapping about same sex relationships could be viewed as "progressive" (just because no one else really does) and fit perfectly with the narrative in America at the time. And the songs were huge.

But to me Run The Jewels 1 (as I mentioned a few pages back) is the type of album that should have gotten a nomination. Critically AND user acclaimed on the almighty Metacritic.

There are these low key projects that get shine in other genres, and even for Album Of The Year, whereas the Rap Album category seems almost too mainstream.

Last edited:

New Project dropping Friday with 2 chainz and Wayne

Hope Good Friday comes back for the month of March

Deadmau5 does **** like that a lot. I ***** with some of his music, but the self righteous schtick is tired as ****. He stays taking shots at people on twitter over the pettiest ****. Dude tried to beef with Ferrari (the car maker.)

His persona is like if Clint Eastwood's character from Gran Torino was an EDM DJ.

Last edited:
sort of has a point tho, assuming ye was torrenting music...which would be ironic.. :lol:

tidal_jayz.jpg

53 mill in debt...he wasn't joking :rofl:

Last edited:
But Kanye is essentially stealing from Deadmau5
3354-2153a211b4ccaa6e71e24171170567db.gif

I mean technically Deadmau5 makes a good chunk of his millions of dollars of remixing and playing other people's music, a lot of times without royalties, at sold out shows. Where will it stop?

Last edited:
The irony of this is I've heard people refer to deadmau5 as "the Kanye West of electronic music" because in a genre where the DJ/producers don't exhibit much personality, deadmau5 has no problem jumping on twitter to share his feelings.

Last edited:

I mean technically Deadmau5 makes a good chunk of his millions of dollars of remixing and playing other people's music, a lot of times without royalties, at sold out shows. Where will it stop?
Actually I'm pretty sure Deadmau5 has a ridiculous catalog and plays mostly his own music

This is probably you pulling from the EDM DJ stereo type

Actually I'm pretty sure Deadmau5 has a ridiculous catalog and plays mostly his own music

This is probably you pulling from the EDM DJ stereo type
No, I know who Deadmau5 is. I'm familiar with his ridiculous catalog. I've also seen him play live. I also know he remixes other people's music.

Whether he "mostly plays his own music" or not isn't really the point.

Last edited:
Kanye can afford some $200 plug ins brah, I'm sure his record label provides him with some means to pay for them.

Matter of fact, if he hit up Deadmau5, he might have laced it for free

Kanye can afford some $200 plug ins brah, I'm sure his record label provides him with some means to pay for them.

Matter of fact, if he hit up Deadmau5, he might have laced it for free

I'm not about to condemn anyone over what we all have done and still do

I know I'm guilty of downloading mp3's and software , movies

And Deadmaus5 a lie if he say he hasn't - celebrities like wiz and deadmaus have to realize Twitter is not the place to voice your opinion about someone and not feel the burn back

And Kanye need to learn that too he not exempt , just in these last cases, Kanye been minding his business and getting attacked first

Back
Top Bottom