OFFICIAL Ye fka "kanYe West" x G.O.O.D. Music Thread - ¥$ (AKA YE X TY DOLLA SIGN) - VULTURES (NOW AVAILABLE WOWWWW)

If people really buy this mess :smh:
What idiot would really buy an album that u have to buy added verses and updates to

it happened with video games and business is booming

actually a good idea if you ask me especially for someone like kanye, Drake should do it he'd make a killing

just wait for the next album at this point
:lol:
it happened with video games and business is booming

actually a good idea if you ask me especially for someone like kanye, Drake should do it he'd make a killing

I can't compare a album to a video game. Video games come full....instead of making you initially buy another game they give you downloadable content. This right here is just whoring our pockets. Like if the album wasnt' finish or white then why did you drop it?

This will eventually push fans away. I don't think anyone in Drake's camp is stupid enough to do this. He can't do any wrong with his fans right now unlike Ye.

:lol:
I can't compare a album to a video game. Video games come full....instead of making you initially buy another game they give you downloadable content. This right here is just whoring our pockets. Like if the album wasnt' finish or white then why did you drop it?

This will eventually push fans away. I don't think anyone in Drake's camp is stupid enough to do this. He can't do any wrong with his fans right now unlike Ye.

It's literally the same exact concept fam.

Makes me appreciate Kendrick even more for releasing a physical CD and giving his fans the opportunity to order untitled on vinyl. King Kendrick.

You do realize many games basically do that?

obviously sports games can't to that extent but look at 2k with the myplayer mode your dude is almost unusable unless you grab some VC

look at mortal kombat, COD, WWE the list goes on.

micro-transactions, it was only a matter of time before the music industry jumped on board

You do realize many games basically do that?

obviously sports games can't to that extent but look at 2k with the myplayer mode your dude is almost unusable unless you grab some VC

look at mortal kombat, COD, WWE the list goes on.

micro-transactions, it was only a matter of time before the music industry jumped on board
So bands are going to start putting out structures of albums and then if you want to hear all the drums you gotta pay 99 cents. If you want the background vocals, 99 cent. If you want the guitar solo, 99 cents. FOH.

So people are really in here defending Kanye and this extra DLC thing hes got going :lol:

Last edited:
Defending? No.

Do I understand that you could make money doing it? Yes.

So bands are going to start putting out structures of albums and then if you want to hear all the drums you gotta pay 99 cents. If you want the background vocals, 99 cent. If you want the guitar solo, 99 cents. FOH.

Well i dont listen to rock so i have no idea how they'd structure it, but i guess.

Just cause it's the same concept doesn't make it right...

I've been turned off from PLENTY of video games lately for that exact reason...after I pay my 60$, Im done giving you money....

Mortal kombat had characters that you could only get by purchasing...what happened to the good old days of beating the game and unlocking characters?!?!

I really hope music isn't going this way...just gonna push cats back to pirating imo...

/rant

Last edited:
I actually hate the idea personally but I'm not shocked at the music industry trying to get in on it.

Idk how high up you guys are on Big Sean but I feel like if his next album is on par with DSP, he could get to that real mainstream level, he's known, but a soulful-beat type of album will make him that much more popular IMO

I don't fully understand the DLC video game analogy or argument you guys are having. You paid $10.99 for the album. It allows you to DL it.  If he updates it with new tracks, you don't have to pay an additional fee. You have access to it. You can also cancel your subscription after downloading it.

What's your complaint? That you'd rather download it via iTunes?

Ok. Why is that his problem though?

Exclusive musical content isn't a new concept. iTunes provides super special exclusive bonus tracks if you buy off there as well. People used to get unique tracks on CD depending if they purchased from Tower Records or HMV or The Wall.

Some albums weren't even available at all stores. Tons of major artists had Wal-Mart/Target exclusive releases.

People are kind of just complaining to complain at this point.

Idk how high up you guys are on Big Sean but I feel like if his next album is on par with DSP, he could get to that real mainstream level, he's known, but a soulful-beat type of album will make him that much more popular IMO

IMO Big Sean's last album was his best. Looking forward to another project from him.

I don't fully understand the DLC video game analogy or argument you guys are having. You paid $10.99 for the album. It allows you to DL it.  If he updates it with new tracks, you don't have to pay an additional fee. You have access to it. You can also cancel your subscription after downloading it.

What's your complaint? That you'd rather download it via iTunes?

Ok. Why is that his problem though?

Exclusive musical content isn't a new concept. iTunes provides super special exclusive bonus tracks if you buy off there as well. People used to get unique tracks on CD depending if they purchased from Tower Records or HMV or The Wall.

Some albums weren't even available at all stores. Tons of major artists had Wal-Mart/Target exclusive releases.

People are kind of just complaining to complain at this point.
Yeah but there's a big difference between buying an album when it first comes out with extra bonus tracks and buying an album that the songs that are already on it keep getting updated. I get the bonus track versions, that's not new, but the new versions of songs that were already on the album is garbage. If you can never get it right then don't ever release it.

I'm confused...

Does him constantly reworking the songs mean you get less or more music for the same price?

You download the album with the original songs. He reworks all of them. You then download the new version with all new renditions of the songs. So essentially a second album for the price of 1...? And this is ... bad?

Correct me if I'm not following...

Last edited:
I'm confused...

Does him constantly reworking the songs mean you get less or more music for the same price?

You download the album with the original songs. He reworks all of them. You then download the new version with all new renditions of the songs. So essentially a second album for the price of 1...? And this is ... bad?

Correct me if I'm not following...

no you would have to pay again for the reworked songs

If you cancel your Tidal subscription you mean?

He's telling you, if you're inclined to already subscribe to a streaming music service, then subscribe to mine and I will give you my album in an open source format which will be constantly updated as a reward for joining my service. If you don't want to join my service, then you can download the album off my service for the same fee you would on any other service or store, but you won't get the benefit of receiving the updates when they come.

A lot of you are saying "I am subscribed to a service, Apple, and I want you to release your album on my preferred service and to either give me the complete version when I want or in the alternative to update the album on my preferred service." This is whining for the sake of whining. I'd love OVO radio to be on Spotify. So?

You paid for an album and you got an album. You got exactly the album you expected. He didn't hide the track list, he gave it to you weeks in advance. Maybe it wasn't as good as you'd hoped but you weren't conned. Just because he's doing something extra for the people who pay extra/subscribe doesn't mean it's an affront to you. Subscribe and you get it too.

Do you get mad at the concessions people in a movie theater when they don't give you popcorn and a soda with your admissions ticket?

Truth be told, I don't know who you cats paying hundreds of dollars a year for music like it's 2001 are anyway.

Last edited:
Lol at the thought of Kanye being worth $20 PER MONTH. He's joking. I get it, you get the streaming service along with it. But the true narcissistic dude he is, I'm sure he will say that's for him. O well. I unsubscribed from tidal. I wish him the best though. Ye been a g from the start, but to try and up the cost of living for your audience is too lame

Last edited:
the fact that it's been damn near a year later and people still think tidal is 20 a month kills me... that 20 is for the advanced version... the $10 version is compatible to all the other services out whether it's spotify or apple music.

Back
Top Bottom