OFFICIAL Ye fka "kanYe West" x G.O.O.D. Music Thread - ¥$ (AKA YE X TY DOLLA SIGN) - VULTURES (NOW AVAILABLE WOWWWW)

Man y'all dreaming if you think they'd let Kanye near that kind of a stage.

Out of curiousity, how are you measuring his popularity in music? Statistically?

He used to be at the forefront of popular music/culture

People put up with his antics because the music was good..now the antics outweigh the music (in their eyes) but a lot of people have that same sentiment

He's alienated tons of people...tell me what would he be poppin' with right now if it werent for Yeezys (shoes)

Ye's best chance at headlining the Superbowl would've been '08...after Graduation dropped, which was a Stadium-esque sounding album IMO

You're still not explaining how his measure for popularity in music is being calculated.

If he could replicate glow in the dark tour onto a SB stage I'd be down

You're still not explaining how his measure for popularity in music is being calculated.

Unless I been out of the loop, it doesnt seem like his music is charting, his features aren't being checked for like that, could have to do with his tidal deal or something

I'm gonna assume ur an older head like me.

Music ain't measured the same way u and I used to anymore dude. That's why I was wondering what u meant by Kanye being popular musically. We not relevant no more fambs [emoji]128546[/emoji]

Man y'all dreaming if you think they'd let Kanye near that kind of a stage.

Out of curiousity, how are you measuring his popularity in music? Statistically?
For me, it's hard to gauge his popularity in music because in my circle there's a ever changing mixture of people who miss his old style and those who like his new style and of course his actions and antics start to weigh in and change the desire people have to associate with him. I know a lot of people who don't want to hear his music just based on the things he says of a beat more so than music quality
Need Cruel Winter.
Grandest understatement

I don't think him not getting a SB performance is based on his music but based on the likelihood that he'd get up there and rant about whatever the heck he feels like and I don't think ANYBODY is willing to let Ye get up there and perform a few songs and drop a steaming deuce on somebody

I'm gonna assume ur an older head like me.

Music ain't measured the same way u and I used to anymore dude. That's why I was wondering what u meant by Kanye being popular musically. We not relevant no more fambs [emoji]128546[/emoji]

Kanye could be great man :smh: we know he's capable of putting out classics but I'm not even sure what audience he's targeting now

The best part about him is what we hate about him now. He aims to please himself

He used to be at the forefront of popular music/culture

He's alienated tons of people...tell me what would he be poppin' with right now if it werent for Yeezys (shoes)

His tour was still amazing, b4 the whole Trump fiasco dude was in a good place

Besides Drake and maybe Chance dude is still in the front

It's weird though because the antics always been there, but people either sided with him or looked past the antics because the quality music was coming out...

Now it's more ranting/antics, less quality music, and it's not that the music is necesarily bad because people still enjoy it, but we all know what Ye is fully capable of musically.

Oh man I actually posted a AOTL performance on my IG the other day. I love the productions he has. Almost all his concert versions>>>studio versions

His album pretty much been in the top 40 for almost a year now (just off streams). I know it's been in top 10 on Apple Music and Spotify since release.

Last edited:
How was it successful when it didn't even sell out all the time? Just because he had more shows???
He was selling out the shows.......

Kanye West Leads New Hot Tours Ranking

Kanye West performs during the Kanye West: The Saint Pablo Tour at Philips Arena on Sept. 12, 2016, in Atlanta.
Robb Cohen/Invision/AP
11/19/2016 by Bob Allen

Kanye West takes the No. 1 ranking on Billboard’s weekly Hot Tours recap (see list below) based on $24.6 million in ticket sales reported from his fall trek through North American markets. The 18-week tour supports The Life of Pablo, his most recent album that bowed in February, and continues through the remainder of the year.

The tour launched with a performance on Aug. 25 at Bankers Life Fieldhouse in Indianapolis, the first of 26 shows that have been reported so far by promoter Live Nation. As of the end of October, overall grosses had reached $35 million, but with 62 concerts booked through the end of 2016, the Saint Pablo tour could hit the $85 million mark before wrapping with a final two-night New Year’s run at Brooklyn’s Barclays Center.

The highest-grossing engagement was a six-night stint at The Forum in Inglewood, Calif., that logged more than $8.2 million at the box office. More than 97,000 fans saw the rapper during the Los Angeles-area run that kicked off on Oct. 25 and ended with an abbreviated performance on Nov. 3 due to throat problems.

The Forum engagement is the tour’s longest multiple-show run and the only one to stretch six nights, but double-show dates came in four other markets: Miami, Toronto, Oakland and New York City. Another two-night stand is booked in Philadelphia on Dec. 13 and 15 followed by a return to New York for the Brooklyn finale on Dec. 30 and 31.

Last edited:
I went to three of the pablo shows and if he went on tour again tomorrow I would still go to multiple shows again

Alot of repeat shows were added becuz the original sold out. Those shows were the ones that weren't selling out

His album pretty much been in the top 40 for almost a year now (just off streams). I know it's been in top 10 on Apple Music and Spotify since release.

When all is said and done, FSM Pt. 1 and Fade were both pretty big records.

Streams/sales on those alone I could see holding the album up + tracks like Famous, 40 Hours and Real Friends etc.

I Haven't checked this thread in a minute & the first thing i see is that somehow Ye is no longer at the forefront of rap music.... the argument wasn't quality wise (which is very debatable) but that somehow Ye is irrelevant nowadays. Gotta love NT extremes.

SB performances don't tell how popular an artist is. We had Lady Gaga up there and she's definitely not as popular as she was years ago.

new cyhi 
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom