OFFICIAL Ye fka "kanYe West" x G.O.O.D. Music Thread - ¥$ (AKA YE X TY DOLLA SIGN) - VULTURES (NOW AVAILABLE WOWWWW)

i mean let's be honest fellas...Kanye never had bars, ever...

he's always been 2-3 steps above Puff in that regard.

I'm gonna have to disagree, he had plenty of bars on earlier projects. I'm not saying he was the next Rakim, but his bars now are pure struggle.

Last edited:
Incredible album....so many songs brought me to tears and gave me chills.

would love to buy the Jesus is king merch but dude got “Kanye West” written on every piece.:smh:

449FB7A6-8B0D-4F89-B203-C33A756403B4.jpeg

Gave the album a couple spins...

Sonically, I think it's pretty good. Really enjoyed the production on here. Has elements and stylings from all of his previous works. They are all on display compliment each other well. There's no competition of sounds. Lyrically, not as strong as some past efforts (Cyhi and Cons must have had other obligations), but it's decent tho. I think it's a solid album.

Content wise, I am Christian and enjoyed no curses on it. It seems though Kanye still has the bland basic Western understanding of the Bible and who Jesus was. So he was lacking depth and anything remotely thought provoking. (Not sure saying he needed to preach to the listener, but to go beyond the surface. Kendrick GKMC and Damn are good examples of spiritual depth without preaching). With that said, his music and understanding maybe just a reflection of where he's at, so if this is genuine, I expect to see growth if he continues in this vein.

All in all, I enjoyed what I heard and this may give him the grounding he needs to get better as he moves forward with his career.

Back
Top Bottom