OFFICIAL Ye fka "kanYe West" x G.O.O.D. Music Thread - ¥$ (AKA YE X TY DOLLA SIGN) - VULTURES (NOW AVAILABLE WOWWWW)

people rewriting history...that album was panned to death... hello, it followed up twisted fantasy which is considered one of Kanye's Stellar albums.

The album was polarizing, it wasn't only panned to death there are tons of positive reviews for it from when it dropped too.

people rewriting history...that album was panned to death... hello, it followed up twisted fantasy which is considered one of Kanye's Stellar albums.

SOME people didn't like it from the Jump, but overall the album was well received ESPECIALLY after the tour.

Yeezus is trash out side of skinhead, new slaves, bound, blood on the leaves. Burn everything else. Most confused sounding album ever by him.

Pable was cool. It had that bounce.

Jik was cool but after some more spins, it really goes.

The album was polarizing, it wasn't only panned to death there are tons of positive reviews for it from when it dropped too.

if we're talking about hip-hop outlets, or media that exclusively covers rap music then it was severely panned. if we're talking about other outlets like spin or fade or or things that dabble in other genres than they had a more favorable reviews..

Umm... No. Right now you're the one rewriting history. The album had like an 86% positive on metacritic. Average user score was an 8. All the arguments over it everywhere and it was the same old hip hop heads whining that Metacritic didn't reflect da streetz.

Same dudes who bang Travis Scott, XXX, Trippie Red, and the like now like they didn't all grow from the primordial ooze that is Yeezus.

It was a good album, and pretty meticulously mixed. It just wasn't what old head kanye fans wanted out of their kanye.

if we're talking about hip-hop outlets, or media that exclusively covers rap music then it was severely panned. if we're talking about other outlets like spin or fade or or things that dabble in other genres than they had a more favorable reviews..
What media that covers specifically rap music? Joe Budden? ****** on the corner of 125th? This NT thread (that was divided 50/50?)

XXL gave it a positive review. Complex gave it a positive review.

1. Late Registration
2. Dark Fantasy
3a. College Dropout
3b. Graduation
4a. Yeezus
4b. 808
5. Pablo
6. Ye
7. JIK

if WTT can be counted it’s at 4. Dang near impossible to rank my 1-4 in my opinion

Damn I always forget Pablo when doing rankings. It's another album that has aged better than its initial reception.

I will say on NT Yeezus was NOT that well received for the most part when it came out.

I didn't attend the tour and still really liked the album. On sight is the only one I tend to skip when I listen to it.

What media that covers specifically rap music? Joe Budden? *****s on the corner of 125th? This NT thread (that was divided 50/50?)

XXL gave it a positive review. Complex gave it a positive review.

it was a rotten tomatoes deal, critics loved it, fans hated it.

I wasn't a fan of Yeezus when it first came out, but it def grew on me.
My favorite track on the album gotta be "Hold my Liquor".

For me:

1. College Dropout
2. MBDTF
3. 808s (I'm gonna catch a lot of flack, but it really connected with me when I was going through tough times)
4. Late Registration
5. Graduation
6. Yeezus
7. TLOP
8. JIK
9. Ye

For those of you who didn’t like Yeezus,

out of curiosity, did you attend the Yeezus tour?

Put some respect on “On Sight!”
No.
Played it in the headphones and whip. Trash.

Actually play it a month ago to see how if felt now. Still trash.

Album was such a reach for something new. I got into his projects expecting nothing but the belief that he worked really hard on it. And I feel he did that, but It just plainly don't sound good.

Damn I always forget Pablo when doing rankings. It's another album that has aged better than its initial reception.
Pablo was heat rocks. At least production-wise. I only have and listened to the original iteration that dropped, though. None of that “living, breathing, changing art”
C95C04BB-61E7-4F4E-BF70-CC852BE4767D.png
tweaks he tried to push.

EXCEPT for that Sampha track. Had to tack that onto my version.

im still peeved kanye didnt drop an official physical CD for TLOP

I swore he said somewhere that this would mark the death of physical media (and i guess he's right about htat) but then he went and drop physicals for ye KSG and JIK :lol:

All im missing is TLOP smh

No.
Played it in the headphones and whip. Trash.

Actually play it a month ago to see how if felt now. Still trash.

Album was such a reach for something new. I got into his projects expecting nothing but the belief that he worked really hard on it. And I feel he did that, but It just plainly don't sound good.

I usually rock with a lot of your view points. Out of curiosity is there an album out that you feel like accomplishes what Kanye was attempting to accomplish with Yeeezus?

I haven’t seen the full interview with big boy but that’s the closest I’ve seen Ye sound like his normal self in a really long time

Y’all cappin if you saying yeezus wasn’t hated. That was the very first Kanye album where people swore he was washed.

And add the fact the Cole came out with born sinner the same day, people would look at you sideways if you said you were bumping some dam yeezus

I remember, vividly, having a summer class with a yamb I was tryna get at. Whole semester she was feeling me, talking to me everyday in lab. She was a huge Cole fan, and asked me if I listened to the album. As soon as I said I was listening to yeezus instead. I could literally sense in the atmosphere that thang quickly dry up. She ain’t talk to me ever since :smh:

Back
Top Bottom