OFFICIAL Ye fka "kanYe West" x G.O.O.D. Music Thread - ¥$ (AKA YE X TY DOLLA SIGN) - VULTURES (NOW AVAILABLE WOWWWW)

^
so ****ing disrespectful by charlemagne
All due respect, since then Kanye became a billionaire mostly due to Yeezy brand, helped his ex build something in SKIMS that is pumping out cash, and Charlemagne got a show on Comedy Central. Who really grew?

Look at the shift in "high fashion" since that era & now. People hate the messenger but it's the same thing they are usually rooting for from others.

45FBB3B7-3CC5-4349-840B-9B0374F244E8.jpeg

Part 3 was really good. Enjoyed the documentary. Thought it was really interesting to see behind the scenes of the last few years, wish we could have seen more.

Part 3 was really good. I hate that most people don't understand the mental anguish that the man is in sometimes.

It's amazing for someone that is as open and talks as much as Kanye, we didn't know so much of this was documented. Looking forward to watching the final one tonight.

Only got up to the common concert…

Even though of course people gon change after losing their mother, it’s disheartening to see in real time Ye changed on Coodie, 1st was the Grammy after party where he was tryna be slick and clown him for no reason knowing he was tryna bring it full circle wit the Channel Zero ****. And then the foulest **** was him walking past Deray/Coodie when dude was just so excited about Derays footage for Thru The Wire lol. I saw that GLC Big Screen Vlog online for years and never thought nothing of it.

Side note I wish Ye and GLC had more songs from the 2000’s…

Only got up to the common concert…

Even though of course people gon change after losing their mother, it’s disheartening to see in real time Ye changed on Coodie, 1st was the Grammy after party where he was tryna be slick and clown him for no reason knowing he was tryna bring it full circle wit the Channel Zero ****. And then the foulest **** was him walking past Deray/Coodie when dude was just so excited about Derays footage for Thru The Wire lol. I saw that GLC Big Screen Vlog online for years and never thought nothing of it.

Side note I wish Ye and GLC had more songs from the 2000’s…

So I was interning in the industry around this time. The studio I interned at was GLC's main studio/engineer. He was working on his Life Love Loyalty album at the time. He had a SICK *** Blinded by the Light sample he did...they actually had a band recreate the portion that was sampled from the track...**** was magic and should have been a hit...then for some unexplained reason I never got an answer to, the album released with the regular sample version, not the live band. **** was so flat.

Anyway, while this video footage shows Ye making his produced version of the track, it actually was a reconstructed beat. Someone else had a track based off a sample that was the same tempo/rythm. It banged too. Sick *** sample. I am sadden by the fact that I cant remember who the producer was. And truthfully? I prefer that version to this heavy horns version that was actually released.

Ye also did Flight School with T-Payne around this time. And lastly he was working on a track with a guy from America's Got Talent...I got beat and hook version with no verses. Never heard it again after I lost my files from that studio...until I heard Consequence use it as a Ye diss track. The amount of heat I heard that Ye was involved in that either got little play (Flight School) or no play at all/scrapped...man...I can only imagine how much music dude is actually sitting on.

I emailed this stuff out to some folks though...gonna see if there is a chance in hell that I can find it and post here.

So I was interning in the industry around this time. The studio I interned at was GLC's main studio/engineer. He was working on his Life Love Loyalty album at the time. He had a SICK *** Blinded by the Light sample he did...they actually had a band recreate the portion that was sampled from the track...**** was magic and should have been a hit...then for some unexplained reason I never got an answer to, the album released with the regular sample version, not the live band. **** was so flat.

Anyway, while this video footage shows Ye making his produced version of the track, it actually was a reconstructed beat. Someone else had a track based off a sample that was the same tempo/rythm. It banged too. Sick *** sample. I am sadden by the fact that I cant remember who the producer was. And truthfully? I prefer that version to this heavy horns version that was actually released.

Ye also did Flight School with T-Payne around this time. And lastly he was working on a track with a guy from America's Got Talent...I got beat and hook version with no verses. Never heard it again after I lost my files from that studio...until I heard Consequence use it as a Ye diss track. The amount of heat I heard that Ye was involved in that either got little play (Flight School) or no play at all/scrapped...man...I can only imagine how much music dude is actually sitting on.

I emailed this stuff out to some folks though...gonna see if there is a chance in hell that I can find it and post here.

Dope post. I remember that Ye Flight School track and it’s why I wish he woulda still did Good *** Job. His few actual rapping tracks from that 08-09 pre Taylor era were hard af.

I remember that GLC sample song too and he had another one from that album/the can’t tell me nothing tape that I love.

If anyone hits you back about anything you brought up here I’d love to hear it

Finished doc last night. Like others have said part 3 has it's sad moments.

Kanye was already getting Hollywood after winning all those Grammys. However, the real crazy **** happened after the passing of his mom.

It was interesting to see the footage of him talking to his pops. I know they have been rebuilding that relationship for a while now and it kinda seems like Kanye knows he needs a parent around to keep him in check (even in his 40s).

Loved the life of Pablo scenes. I remember that day really well, this was the most indepth footage I've really seen of it.

It was funny to see ye and Cudi cooking up considering they are currently beefing.

**** it was wild to see Kanye and rhymefest still working in DR because I thought they were beefing too..

Kanye's genius is made apparent throughout the doc but so is his arrogance. I can see how it would be tough to deal with him long term. Once you add in all that bi-polar **** it seems like a nightmare.

Parts 1 & 2 were dope, so nostalgic. So nice to see the Kanye and music that was a part of my formidable years growing up. I wish they had more footage from LR - MBDTF but I get it he was big time especially after LR. But would've made pt 3 alot better imo.

Def seems like the bi-polar was triggered from the trauma & not taking the time to fully grieve/acknowledge his moms passing and just working more instead. Not an expert by any means but I know personally that kind of loss can manifest in other parts of your life at any time if never fully acknowledged and dealt with.

Just wrapping up part two. The nostalgia is hitting me heavily and I'm almost getting emotional at a few parts just remembering how much College Dropout meant to me and defined high school. Lots of white kids' entry into hip-hop. Remembering just how damn refreshing he was back then, this dude with popped collars, insecurities and student loans absolutely rocking an industry where fitteds and throwbacks were mandatory and girls/guns/cars/drugs were required topics.

Couple crazy parts were the Mos Def appearances, the Pharrell studio scene, everything with his mom (this stuff almost had me tearing up), but most of all seeing him so young, vulnerable, raw and hungry. He really did change drastically somewhere after MBDTF (I think) but the old him was one of the most charming and refreshing artists I think I'll ever see in my life.

I'm 33 now and I was 16 posting on NT about Late Registration. Wish I could see that old thread on the ezboard. One of the things I thought about watching this doc was honestly the NT music forum.

Finished the third part last night.

I feel really bad for him. He definitely went down hill after donda passed. Which I knew. He was wild on the glow in the dark tour when I saw him.

His voice changed and everything. I thought it was interesting when he told cootie he was acting..he definitely got lost in his role. That scene with the investors was cringe worthy.

Haven’t been a fan of his music since graduation. I know y’all noticed a huge difference. Bro stopped rapping, likely cuz his ghostwriters bounced.

Finished the third part last night.

I feel really bad for him. He definitely went down hill after donda passed. Which I knew. He was wild on the glow in the dark tour when I saw him.

His voice changed and everything. I thought it was interesting when he told cootie he was acting..he definitely got lost in his role. That scene with the investors was cringe worthy.

Haven’t been a fan of his music since graduation. I know y’all noticed a huge difference. Bro stopped rapping, likely cuz his ghostwriters bounced.

Nah rhymefest still around somehow. For some reason that shocked me.

I think him and Cons have fallen out tho. I know Pusha, Sean, and Cy-Hi regularly write for us now as well. If anything he leveled up his ghost writers but he somehow lost his soul in the switch.

What are they writing then because he went from story telling to nothing. Beats are still hard don’t get me wrong.

I was disappointed in act 3

Really wish we could of seen a lot of what took place during graduation/808s/mbdtf. I personally feel that’s his best work. Was hard to watch the footage of him going off the deep end. Without his money I just don’t think he has anyone in his life to hold him accountable.

Back
Top Bottom