OFFICIAL: Zoom Flight 95 OG Jason Kidd Holiday '15

They Way ups were known as a takedown penny......

Weren't they?

Kidd and Pippen were the most notable wearers of Way Ups. Never saw Penny wearing them and therefore never considered them a takedown, even though they resembled the Penny 1.

I remember my friend settling for the blk/wht pair because the pennies were gone. Then after seeing them on feet for a few days I started fienin myself lol

Do you guys think End. is gonna honor orders or try to adjust prices for those that got through?

The Air Way Ups were not officially a takedown Penny 1 it was just the street that said that

If you look at multiple team basketball nikes that year they all had the similar side panel

No way Pippen was wearing a takedown sig at that point in his career plus the whole league wore them

90s nike basketball often shared a similar theme in the same calendar of releases apart from sigs

Actual takedown models had less tech in them Air Way Ups and Air Pennys both contained just a heel unit.

Last edited:
The Air Way Ups were not officially a takedown Penny 1 it was just the street that said that

If you look at multiple team basketball nikes that year they all had the similar side panel

No way Pippen was wearing a takedown sig at that point in his career plus the whole league wore them

90s nike basketball often shared a similar theme in the same calendar of releases apart from sigs

Actual takedown models had less tech in them Air Way Ups and Air Pennys both contained just a heel unit.
scottie-pippen-dennis-rodman-and-michael-jordan-of-the-chicago-bulls-picture-id945897386

scottie-pippen-of-the-chicago-bulls-goes-to-the-basket-against-the-picture-id961015350

Man, when those were all out and I was a kid, every back to school shopping period I gave my mom general directions - I want the Nike Penny's or the Pippen's - but lowkey I was happy with whatever she brought home.

Spoiler: it was always the Pippen's because the Penny's got snatched up :smh: :lol:

Though I had these first before anyone as a result:

nike-air-more-uptempo-olympic-heel.jpg

I always wanted the carbon ZF95 as a kid but I had just transitioned to adult sizes. My brother got the white/navy in kids and I had to settle for the all black w/white & gold Nike Thrill Flight 😢

I had these as a kid back in 96 and beat them to hell lol. They were a consolation prize because my fam couldn't afford getting any 11s that year so I cherished these all the same. I cant wait to get a fresh pair after all these years. Nostalgia and memories. Sneaker collecting can be fun still (sometimes lol)

This was the year XI’s dropped so I had tunnel vision. I didn’t appreciate anything else that dropped around this time lol. It took years for me to realize how much heat Nike was actually dropping in this time period. I had a pair of Columbias and a pair of low I.E’s that was my sneaker budget for the year. I was in 7th or 8th grade

This was the year XI’s dropped so I had tunnel vision. I didn’t appreciate anything else that dropped around this time lol. It took years for me to realize how much heat Nike was actually dropping in this time period. I had a pair of Columbias and a pair of low I.E’s that was my sneaker budget for the year. I was in 7th or 8th grade
Yeah I didn't have a sneaker budget. I was growing so my parents would buy me new shoes every september. I was a goody two shoes (no pun intended) and they wouldn't buy me video games or anything else kids were getting from their folks so they'd just let me pick something out in footlocker every December. My bday and christmas are close so they'd just double up the gift for that. Would never get me jordans though because they were too expensive and I'd just outgrow them in under a year.

When they found out I was hoarding lunch money during the year to sneak buy a pair of kicks in the summer, all hell broke loose :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom