OFFICIAL: Zoom Flight 95 OG Jason Kidd Holiday '15

Why all the nipples?

Why do I see this more and more?

Intentional?

Pretty sure it's just due to today's manufacturing process and the machines used. It's not an intended part of the design. Seems similar to a lot of little "details" on various models over the years--features that we ask or wish for on retro versions even though they weren't ever done on purpose in the first place. "Peaks" in the patent on XIs, white lines on the edges of black nubuck, the red tint that some black/red XIs had in their cordura upppers ... none of those things were intended by the designers.
Funny, I bet if the OG Zoom Flight 95s had nipples all over them and then the retros didn't, people would wish they did.

A classic OG colorway to drop first but the last 2 iterations seem to have a funky proportion when it comes to the grid pattern on the ovals. The 96 (ya, ~Jan. 1996) originals had a tighter weave and the ratio between black|white favored black. I understand, few notice, but it does look less refined if you really look at it :lol: We'll see how the US release on this colorway and the others go...
My OGs, not white grey but just thought I’d put it here.
74A768FE-5197-4BB2-804B-14F464C51CAD.jpeg

Clean pair of OG Purple highs! Check out that 3M 😎. Here are some pics from OGSOLS eBay auction that feature the patterning on the 1995 Taiwan production run:

FAD9A6CD-EE42-4261-948F-473FF213322A.jpeg
2B25CB2A-DB9F-4506-A35C-68EBF28C0093.jpeg

Compared to the recent release:
0A2C167E-27D8-422F-A7FA-28111C72A4AC.jpeg

Gotta love it! The other OG releases were not as pronounced in the pattern (some are identical to your purples, just different colorations), but the blk/wht release stood out in this detail back then.

Great to see and with little to no color-bleed on that midsole! My Navy/India Red mids have a little discoloration and my White/Blk/Emeralds do not have any. Glad to see some of the hidden colorways make a return, soon!

Wish I could’ve gotten my pair off size or footpatrol when these dropped. Tempted to go ahead and get my size on stockx since pairs are hovering near retail

These ****s are just too shiny to pass on. Guess this christmas is shiny red shoe year for Nike.

If they even had a fake CF pattern in the bubbles I would be in. I see something barely visible when you are close, but even a grey contrast instead of black would have made them pop more. Some will disagree and that’s cool.

Back
Top Bottom