OFFICIAL : Zoom Kobe V (5) thread - Ace launch on 3/6

ASG's will be my only red pair of V's most likely. Those USC's are tough though.

only one i'd get is the lower merion, since kobe actually went there. the rice, usc, and dukes are kind of pointless to me; kobe didn't go to any of those schools, i didn't go or particularly like the sports programs at any of them. but i'm sure for college hoops fans they make sense. i have a suspicion that one of the pairs we've been calling "Dukes" is in fact this year's MPLS.

then again i guess "blackouts" are even more pointless since they signify nothing, but hey i like the color so i guess to each his own.

i'm sure they have a better excuse for the red/yellow aside from china (ronald mcdonald PE?).  Olympics are over and it's not like he has any special connection to the country.  if anything they should make a Italy Edition lol.

Sorry, but the "China's" just makes me think of McDonalds... can you get some .99-cent fries with them?

^^^ You didn't hear...the Chinas were stolen from Ronald McDonald.
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Koopa2410

china's > every colorway so far except bruce lee's. copped x2.

I'm sure glad we're all entitled to our own opinion...

yours seems confused!

lol!

jk

but no, Chinas are not> then anything

well I will say, Chinas>Chaos.
thats it.

Chaos grew on me after I bought them. i like the weird looking colorways, but these arent weird... they are just RED. The design is almost lazy. Is it me or are these colorways kind of boring this year? I feel like the IV had more creative colors.

Man those chinas are UGLY. With regards to the shoes not having meaning (colorways) anyone know what the purpose of the black/gold ones is? They remind me a little too much of the bl's...I know yellow/gold are two totally different colors. Think my last 2 will be the dukes (sucker for blue shoes) and the lower merions (?) I think that's what they're called.

Originally Posted by V1nsanity3

Originally Posted by Koopa2410

china's > every colorway so far except bruce lee's. copped x2.

I'm sure glad we're all entitled to our own opinion...

yours seems confused!

lol!

jk

but no, Chinas are not> then anything

well I will say, Chinas>Chaos.
thats it.

C'mon, not even the chaos are that bad.  The chinas are terrible.  Theyll be a hit at the mcdonalds all american high school game though.

I agree.  The Chinas are just bland and generally uninspired.  My 7 year old son could come up with a cooler colorway.  Regarding ID's or GR's, None of the 4s of 5s have incorporated orange to my knowledge. I was thinking that the DKs would be so sweet with Orange subbed in for the blue.  Obviously they would no longer be the DKs, but maybe the OKs, like OK ST.
grin.gif
  Has anyone seen, heard of, or actually had an orange based pair made in the 5s?

Just got word from my loyal hookup at FootLocker and we will be getting the Dark Knights on the 20th but Im from Canada.
So looks like they will only be a outside US release.
Although, the Kobe Zoom V's retail for 199.99 plus 13% tax here, so it was cheaper for me to buy them online like I did.
F'n canadian prices are ridic.
And those are excluded from the 50% off friends and family sale comin up at FL.
OBVIOUSLY.

Originally Posted by Bryscooplaygrifhold

Pass on the "Chinas".  To me the USCs and Lower Merions absolutely crush these.  As for Smith's "ID's", can anyone shed light on NBA players having to ID shoes versus speaking to a Nike "connect" and getting what they want.  I mean, if you are a member of the "family" then doesn't that entitle you to something?  Not that Smith, Varejao, or Devin Brown are going to get hooked up with 100 pair, but isn't it plausible that these guys get an allotment of shoes and can pick and choose what they want? Just curious.   Waiting patienly on BLs and ASGs to arrive via the Brown Truck.
My homeboy plays for the eagles (nfl) and he has a contract with nike. As far "ID" goes each athlete  has a free allotment of apparel per season. They get free in game shoes but with only basic team colors so if they want something special they have to order it through nikeelite.com. But it all depends on the players status with nike as well.  

Lol at the dude that said Chinas > all except BLs.... Lol. Those looking stupid to me. Shoulda been more like the hyperdunk china colorway if you ask me.

Thanks for the info DLEE.  It just kinda struck me as odd, that NBA'ers like Frye, Smith, Nate Rob, etc... would not have a better connect if they were to inquire.  I mean look at the stuff the Kentucky is now getting (maybe that is a play for John Wall's allegiance once he's in the league next year ), and you would think guys like Nate and J.R., who are relatively established, would have some say over what they want, how they want it done.  Just the thought of J.R. or Nate late night on NIKE ID creating their next game kicks was kind of interesting to me.

Man this thread just straight up blew past the Lebron thread and didnt let up. That was only 2 days ago we past it and now we are almost 50 pages ahead. I think we all need to get a life and spend less time on Niketalk lolol. I include myself in that statement haha.

Lol at the dude that said Chinas > all except BLs.... Lol. Those looking stupid to me. Shoulda been more like the hyperdunk china colorway if you ask me.

Originally Posted by Bryscooplaygrifhold

Thanks for the info DLEE.  It just kinda struck me as odd, that NBA'ers like Frye, Smith, Nate Rob, etc... would not have a better connect if they were to inquire.  I mean look at the stuff the Kentucky is now getting (maybe that is a play for John Wall's allegiance once he's in the league next year ), and you would think guys like Nate and J.R., who are relatively established, would have some say over what they want, how they want it done.  Just the thought of J.R. or Nate late night on NIKE ID creating their next game kicks was kind of interesting to me.
Its mainly some players are CHEAP! frye is very cheap because he can make his own ID to match PHX uni's but he takes the free stuff and use markers to cover the del sol parts on his kobe's
eyes.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom