OFFICIAL : Zoom Kobe V (5) thread - Ace launch on 3/6

Originally Posted by khoshabasfinest23

Originally Posted by swingshot

Originally Posted by arby24

why lebron kicks have a nice box?

Lebron's shoes need a flashy box.

Nike knows the Kobe V will sell itself.

as if the box is the selling point on the vii, people bought the red carpets because they're a very beautiful shoe. Not for there box

Co sign Khos ...

Some of yall sounded REAL REAL REAL idiots sayin lebron needs a DAMN box to sell his kicks.
smh.gif

Red carpets the ugliest shoe in the world..? HA
grin.gif

Ah the age old argument between force and flight rears its ugly head again

A box for the Kobes would be nice as they are prob the best performing bball shoes around but the people that know that dont need the confirmation - they justknow........

And thats no hate against the Lebron line - the Soldier 3s have been great for ball this year (2nd best shoe after the Kobe IV IMO) but the normal Lebronsthey just seem to work better as a comfy casual shoe.......sell it like a Jordan if you have to but if i was to use 1 for ball it would be the kobe everytime

Originally Posted by LonelyBoySole

Originally Posted by khoshabasfinest23

Originally Posted by swingshot

Originally Posted by arby24

why lebron kicks have a nice box?

Lebron's shoes need a flashy box.

Nike knows the Kobe V will sell itself.

as if the box is the selling point on the vii, people bought the red carpets because they're a very beautiful shoe. Not for there box

Co sign Khos ...

Some of yall sounded REAL REAL REAL idiots sayin lebron needs a DAMN box to sell his kicks.
smh.gif

grin.gif
lebron doesn't but jordan brand does. They make all the cool boxes for the dmp 1,7s so they could sell more and they charge $25.00 extra forthe space jams because of its box
smh.gif
%^&*Jordan brand

Not to keep the box argument going but I'll tell you what I know and what I was told from Nike. Yes LeBron's shoes are nice on their own but in allhonesty, Nike (this is coming from someone within the line), feels that LeBron's shoes need the box to sell, while they dont feel Kobe's need the boxto sell. Do I agree with them? No.

Kobe_jordan wrote:
Originally Posted by LonelyBoySole

Co sign Khos ...

smh.gif

grin.gif

lebron doesn't but jordan brand does. They make all the cool boxes for the dmp 1,7s so they could sell more and they charge $25.00 extra for the space jams because of its box
smh.gif
%^&*Jordan brand

Co sign that!
grin.gif

Originally Posted by sarteaga0408

Not to keep the box argument going but I'll tell you what I know and what I was told from Nike. Yes LeBron's shoes are nice on their own but in all honesty, Nike (this is coming from someone within the line), feels that LeBron's shoes need the box to sell, while they dont feel Kobe's need the box to sell. Do I agree with them? No.

Interesting...

If Nike thought they could get away with shipping Lebron's shoes in a plain box, then that's what they'd do.

They ARE that cheap.

The Lebron VII doesn't need a box because it's ugly,
it needs an individual box because:

1) It costs $30 more than the Kobe V.
2) The economy is flat.
3) Lebron doesn't have a ring yet.

It just needs something extra to sell it.

lol about all the "BOX TALK"........ i doubled up on the red carpets btw and i HIGHLY doubt that anyone who copped a pair of lebrons would returnthem, or wouldnt have copped if they came with the orange box... lol yea having somethjing extra is nice, but to say the "BOX" is a break it or makeit decision maker... LOL @ you.

Originally Posted by sarteaga0408

Not to keep the box argument going but I'll tell you what I know and what I was told from Nike. Yes LeBron's shoes are nice on their own but in all honesty, Nike (this is coming from someone within the line), feels that LeBron's shoes need the box to sell, while they dont feel Kobe's need the box to sell. Do I agree with them? No.
There is so much BS in the quoted material above. How idiotic of a statement is that when weare shown pictures of the shoes first. Please stop all of the box nonsense it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Originally Posted by AllWhiteAirForce1

Originally Posted by kb24fan

176b38036614b9563fd2078f8abb5da6-getty-82921732ab007_lakers_holiday.jpg
wait... whats that jersey and where can i get one??

Go on eBay and search "lakers swingman kobe rare jersey" It's the 5th one down. IDK the name of it though.

Originally Posted by never wear them

Originally Posted by kaczalas

Originally Posted by s dubl

Originally Posted by mrfantastic21

SMH at Nike for not giving Kobe his own box.
smh at wanting a special box....Id rather pay $130 with an orange Nike box than $150 with a special box. You're not going to wear the box.....
I second that "SMH at Nike for not giving Kobe his own box. "

Even some other sig shoes valued at $110 have special boxes.

that right there tells you that it's done on purpose. It all started from the Colorado incident. Obviously his shoes sell more than other Nike releases and the Jordan 2k9s are sitting at outlets. Let's not forget about Asia... He is God over there. They got Nike shozoku socks over there... Smh.
Hey hey don't hate, haha. I could of got you some of those socks this past summer since I was back in Hong Kong. Nike Hong Kong does a greatjob advertising Kobe Bryant. I mean there are Kobe ads everywhere...EVERYWHERE.

This is the current status update on the Nike Basketball Facebook page..

"Kobe Bryant will be revealing the Zoom Kobe V on Tuesday, December 8 in Los Angeles. Make sure to follow nikebasketball on Twitter - and the #KobeVhashtag - for live updates all day."

No other details were given... I wonder where this will be taking place as the Lakers are off that day and don't play till Wednesday?

Originally Posted by freshsince85

This is the current status update on the Nike Basketball Facebook page..

"Kobe Bryant will be revealing the Zoom Kobe V on Tuesday, December 8 in Los Angeles. Make sure to follow nikebasketball on Twitter - and the #KobeV hashtag - for live updates all day."

No other details were given... I wonder where this will be taking place as the Lakers are off that day and don't play till Wednesday?

Originally Posted by JordanSneakerhead23

I wonder when Kobe is going to make the switch over to these form the IVs

I really doubt Kobe is going to reveal his KBV's tomorrow. He'll be doing it on Christmas day i believe.. But i may be wrong.

I'm so surprised how far this "KOBE NEEDS A BOX TALK" IS STILL GOING ON. Kobe doesn't need a box. LeBron does because his shoes justdoesn't sell as much as Kobe. How many times do you guys gotta read the same thing over til you guys get it?

Nike KNOWS that Kobe doens't have a box and that people want a box for him, but why they'd rather save money on production and put it into the shoeitself instead of a new box. LeBron has a box because he's always had one since the get go. For what reason, I don't know. Is it because he has noRing? who knows..

But quit this box talk already.

Honestly, it's not about the box anyways... right?

Originally Posted by abstractability

i actually like the plain box better. not as flashy.
IMHO vibrant Orange is more flashy than sleek Black. That's the problem... they're too damn flashy. Make my room look ugly.

Back
Top Bottom