OFFICIAL : Zoom Kobe V (5) thread - Ace launch on 3/6

Originally Posted by Rick2345

Only 3 im copping are

Chaos
DKs
Bruce Lee's

And i just scooped the Chaos so 1 down 2 more to go and then im done !
Exact same thing for me......
pimp.gif

Wore the Chaos for the entire day today. So far so good. Color combo is straight out NECK BREAKER. Lots of compliments from people.
As far as comfort-wise, I still prefer the IVs over these. The Vs are definitely lighter, but the shoe just feels harder and rougher. I definitely appreciatethe wider toe area though.

Just a little info about myself, I used to be a pretty serious sneakerhead back in the early 2000s. I frequently checked out Niketalk(never really posted much)and picked up just
about every Jordans I can get my hands on.
I don't know what happened, but I lost all the passion about shoe collecting. Maybe it was because of GF, maybe because it was because of my new-foundhobby of fixing up my car.
I sold most of my Jordans(had to keep the Concords, though lol) and started wearing Chucks all the time. I thought I would never buy another pair of Nikebasketball shoes, and kept it that way for about 6,7 years...

Until I came across a pair of ZKIVs about a month ago - a pair of Carpe Diems.

I fell in love and immediately copped the CDs. Soon after I picked up home and away gradients. The love was back again.
The ZKIV in my opinion are one of the greatest shoes Nike ever released, and it lit the fire in my heart again to be a sneakerhead again.
I might not be as hardcore this time around, but I plan to collect all the Kobe line from now on. I'm looking forward to the future V releases and willenjoy every pair I can grasp.
So far picked up two pairs of Chaos and looking forward to aways.
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by AIR23JORDANXIII

Originally Posted by never wear them

Originally Posted by dcd2k

Originally Posted by never wear them

I wore my concord XIs a couple days ago... My cousin (38 years old) told me that Jordans are a thing in the past.... That hurt my feelings. But it had me thinking. Lol

Forget about your cousin...im as old as he is and still wear my OG concord (still wearable) and still have the retro one (8.5/10).He just doesn`t know how to appreciate shoes and the legacy that comes with it.

lol. dont get me wrong. he knows his stuff. we both started actually collecting since the 8s were first introduced (i actually really really started when the 12s came out)

We've been doing this since way back when taz and bugs T-shirts were cool to wear
laugh.gif

Jordans are getting old to me, thats all im saying and what he said, had me thinking. but yes, OG XI > any shoe (look wise)

Yeah but you're forgetting the first and most basic principle:
To those of us who are from the original generation of sneaker collectors it's never been about what's "hot".
Don't you guys remember when you got clowned for owning so many pairs of sneakers? Man, my homies gave me hell for owning hundreds of pairs of shoes.
Did anyone else get compared to Imelda Marcos?

laugh.gif
Haha. My old man calls me that once in a while. And I agree J.

For some reason i'm absolutly loving the black based colourways of this and the IV and i'm not normally a fan of the black based shoes

Anyone know any sites still that have the puppet hand "LA" shirt? I suppose NDC will prolly restock.

SO what are the release dates for the colorways? I have a crazy amount of Eastbay giftcards and I dont want to blow them all now if some new stuff is droppingsoon

black nights on kix-files store for 165 just heads up, also have some black mamba air force 25 lows that r siiiiick..

Pairs were all gone around my way. Grabbed an extra pair of size 11.5 chaos if anyone is interested shoot me a PM. Buyer pays for shipping and other relatedcost.

Back
Top Bottom