OFFICIAL : Zoom Kobe V (5) thread - Ace launch on 3/6

I have both the Kobe IV's and hyperdunks, both of them are in size 9.5...

so the kobe V's would loosen up a bit after playing in them a couple of times?

my problem with staying true to size is that from my middle toe outward to the pinkie toe, i can't wiggle them because they're too tight, but a 1/2size up gives them too much space to move and it doesn't feel tight and secure...

that is the problem that i'm experiencing... but if they tend to be tight straight out of the box and would loosen up, then i would not have any problems

i plan on to pick up a pair of chaos in addition to a pair of IDs... that's why i am asking for help, just want to have the right size and fit so iwon't have to wast my money...

thanks for the help, anyone else??

I dont think they are necessarily gonna loosen up. They conform to your foot for a better fit. If you are 9.5 in Kobe IV then I would go 9.5 in the V.

Originally Posted by marley

wkobelakers - If you wore a Kobe IV or a Hyperdunk you should get the same size you have in those. I wear an 11.5 in Jordans and 12 in Kobes and Hyperdunks and the fit is perfect

whoa.. no no. The hyperdunk I had to go down 1/2 size...

Originally Posted by al3x89

wkobelakers - If you wore a Kobe IV or a Hyperdunk you should get the same size you have in those. I wear an 11.5 in Jordans and 12 in Kobes and Hyperdunks and the fit is perfect

I had the same problem. 11.5 is my true size but had to pick an 11 on HD's and 12 on Kobe IV's. So I guess that a lot of us will have to try them onfirst.

I dont think they are necessarily gonna loosen up. They conform to your foot for a better fit. If you are 9.5 in Kobe IV then I would go 9.5 in the V.

hmm...so when you wear the kobe V's... can u wiggle ur middle to pinkle toe around? cause i can't when i wore the 9.5 in V's...

Originally Posted by Gggggas

Originally Posted by al3x89

I had the same problem. 11.5 is my true size but had to pick an 11 on HD's and 12 on Kobe IV's. So I guess that a lot of us will have to try them on first.
and this is why you cannot come into these forums and ask these questions. EVERY SINGLE PERSON will give a different answer. To me Hyperdunksand Kobes run exactly the same and really tight so I always 1/2 size up on both. You're gonna get 10 different answers from 10 different people. All youcan do is try them on somewhere or just order them and hope for the best.

Originally Posted by DownyBoy

Originally Posted by EastbayRep

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

Why outta of all the shoe releases ever. An Eastbay rep decides to come on for a Kobe Chaos shoe?
I understand the timing seems bad. This was something that was in the works but, in a nutshell, it took time for the go ahead. The launch with the Space Jams was regrettable but was not overlooked and I know there was a lot of disappointment (may be an understatement) over that launch. We do look forward to helping the community out as much as we can and hope NT would be willing to give us that chance.

About the Kobe Chaos, my inquiry did get passed on for someone to look into for me. I'll let you know as soon as I learn more.

Thanks,

Jason
Don't mind him. Good to see an eastbay rep on here. Is eastbay getting the dark knights? thanks

We don't have anything confirmed with the Dark Knights yet but, I took a note of it and will keep checking into it and keep you updated.

Thanks!

Jason

Definitely go have size up form original size. I wear 10.5 in Jordans, 11 in Nike Basketball Kicks.

Originally Posted by iUsedToLoveHER

Originally Posted by chckboy5

my status on eastbay says ready to ship!
Mine Too!!!! Even tho I canceled my order today!
Cant believe it, canceled my order and still says ready to ship. Bull$***

Good thing i picked up a pair at my local footlocker!
I don't know when you cancelled your order but it should update to cancelled once it completed processing in our system (cancelled orders gothrough the same stages but quicker). If you want, you can pm me your order number and I can confirm.

Jason

Originally Posted by wkobelakers

i've posted on this thread numerous times trying to figure out about the fitment issue...

for those who have the shoes already (ID'ed or not) how is the fitment? did u have to go 1/2 size up? many others also mentioned about a "break-in" period... so does the shoes shrink a bit to fit the foot (like a glove) or what? if that's the case, i can safely go a 1/2 size up knowing that in the end, it'll fit perfectly.

my problem with staying true to size is that from my middle toe outward to the pinkie toe, i can't wiggle them because they're too tight, but a 1/2 size up gives them too much space to move and it doesn't feel tight and secure...

please fellow NTers, help out a fellow in need...

thanks,

I wear the exactly same size as you do(9.5). The V fits true to size. If you have the IV, you should be getting same size in the V.
I'm not sure why you have this problem with your toes since the V has even more toe room than the IV. Maybe you have super wide toes?
I can tell you that the toe box certainly won't expand, however the mid section of the shoe will expand a bit and feel less tight. It would only tend toshrink when it's heated aka balling/running etc.
If anything you're gonna have to go half size up and wear thicker socks or something. It's really too bad.

Originally Posted by KingjamesJP84

laugh.gif
at the random eastbay rep

laugh.gif
i hope this is not an elaborate stunt. *waits for random HOH rep*

Can anyone Photoshop the aways so that the yellow mesh around the heel would be black? But leaving the yellow plastic tab with the signature yellow. Muchappreciated

Originally Posted by wkobelakers

http://store.nike.com//index.jsp?co...hop,pdp,ctr-nikeid/pn-kobe50912/mid-195162470pics...

notice the yellow midsole forefoot part on the left side of the shoes... where the middle to the pinkie toes are located? when i tried a 9.5( same size i wore in IV's and hyperdunks) they were very tight and can't wiggle those three toes...

Uh, then why don't you get a size 10?

If you want to stay true to size, every shoe has to be broken in, maybe you are wearing thick socks?

Seriously cannot wait for these to drop! Got my money gripped in my hand like a little kid waiting for the ice cream man.
laugh.gif

P_248_1_ZK-V-Blk-Purp-1i.jpg

So, I've been away from this thread....

Just to confirm....Aways AND Bruce Lees drop next Sat (1/16)? AndBruce Lees at HOH and Niketowns only?

Originally Posted by DownyBoy

Why outta of all the shoe releases ever. An Eastbay rep decides to come on for a Kobe Chaos shoe?
I understand the timing seems bad. This was something that was in the works but, in a nutshell, it took time for the go ahead. The launch with the Space Jams was regrettable but was not overlooked and I know there was a lot of disappointment (may be an understatement) over that launch. We do look forward to helping the community out as much as we can and hope NT would be willing to give us that chance.

About the Kobe Chaos, my inquiry did get passed on for someone to look into for me. I'll let you know as soon as I learn more.

Thanks,

Jason
Don't mind him. Good to see an eastbay rep on here. Is eastbay getting the dark knights? thanks

We don't have anything confirmed with the Dark Knights yet but, I took a note of it and will keep checking into it and keep you updated.

Thanks!

Jason

Hey Jason the Eastbay Rep,

Are the Aways (Black,gold and purple) V releasing on January 16th,2010?

On Eastbay it says available to ship on January 16th but thats a Saturday.Are the shoes really gonna going to ship that day? Or are they going to ship laterthat week like the Chaos Kobe Vs?

I have played about 4 times in my Aways so far....
They do have a slight "break in" period where they felt stiff the first 2 times...
but rounding out the 2nd wearing...it became very comfortable...
as five30 described it "its like playing barefooted".....
really feels like nothing is on your feet....

I am trying to avoid wearing the V's much because I still have so many IV's to play in....

the shoe is undoubtedly a performance based shoe....its dope!

Hey Jason the Eastbay Rep,

Are the Aways (Black,gold and purple) V releasing on January 16th,2010?

On Eastbay it says available to ship on January 16th but thats a Saturday.Are the shoes really gonna going to ship that day? Or are they going to ship later that week like the Chaos Kobe Vs?
We actually do have the shipment already but orders won't be taken until 1/15 at 11:00 PM Central Time (that's the tentative release timeat the moment). We normally don't have carrier pick ups on the weekend, so it is likely that orders will ship out on Monday pending payment verification,of course.

-Jason

Ima try to get the aways on sale. They should be around long enough. I wouldn't mind paying retail but since there gr I'll take the chance.

Got my sz 9 but might return for a 9.5. Picked up an extra sz 10.5 for anyone who hasn't got their sz. Retail(tax i paid) plus shipping. LMK guys

Back
Top Bottom