OFFICIAL: ZOOM KOBE V THREAD : UPDATE ON PG.1 RELEASE DATES

pimp.gif
donpapadaupolis wrote:

prayformojo wrote:
Hey I wanna start a serious discussion about the Vs performance. I just got home from playing in these for the first time:

A little background: I play 3 times a week( 1 league & 2 nites of pick up), indoors only, I am 39(!) yrs old, but can still get up and down the court. Still play with college age guys & most nights I am the oldest guy out there. I have a moderate case of plantar fasciitis in my right foot, but it doesn't stop me from playing. My current bb shoe rotation has the Kobe IVs(2 pair), Lebron VI, Air III (KGs), 2k5s, Zoom BBs and AJ XIIs.
Anyways, like I said, I wore the Vs tonight and HATED them. The narrowness of the arch part of the sole really hurt my foot. I felt my fasciitis acting up with every step. Don't get me wrong, the Vs cushioning is great, and they look
eek.gif
, but I was greatly disappointed (and sad!) in how they felt on my feet. And now the top of my foot is sore too. There is no way I will wear them again, and I hope I can return them. This also cancels my plans to get other colorways.
Has anyone else had a negative experience balling in the Vs? And please... keep the smartass answers or dumb comments about me or my game to a minimum, I just want to know if I'm the only one.(and I know there is a review post) It breaks my heart that these didn't work out for me.

I've had the same problem, but weird as it seems, its only with the all star v's as i've played in the dark knights and had no problems.  the ball and heel of my foot get soooo sore.  never had a problem with flat feet but since i've gotten a lil older and a lot fatter...hahaha.  really suck cuz i really love the v 
tired.gif

X2 whit the ASG shoe but not the heel just my ankle hurt a little. But once broken in after 2-3 wearings it's a totally different shoe!
i've played in the BL and had no problems. So it is a little weird that only the ASG shoe is like that. 

ps. at 39 and still playing bball 3 times a week is 
pimp.gif

For me the POP will be bought on a discount. That yellow scale makes me feel 50-50 about the whole shoe.

Gza, Andy, && Dom... Yes, three pairs are needed.! Lol no half stepping when it comes to kobes. Touching everything.
Gza you gotta love POPs man, they sick. Wait a lil' closer to release date or when he starts wearing them... Your mouth will water & and your thing-thing will no longer be soft... Lmfaooo.

any idea on release date? i think i remember april 17 or so. i need time to evaluate my expenses and purchase two pairs.

Originally Posted by Jayhawk

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

Can anybody photoshop these with a gold swoosh? Like the Carpe Diem IV

as requested.
goldswoosh.jpg

Thanks alot!

I'm pretty sure the POP will release around April 17th( Start of the playoffs) at your local spot along witht eh Lebron VII PS.

it would make sense for the POP to release on the 17th, i beleive the playoffs start around that same time...

any idea on release date? i think i remember april 17 or so. i need time to evaluate my expenses and purchase two pairs.
As previously mentioned. Kobe V POP, Zoom LeBron PS (POP) & Zoom LeBron PS will release on APRIL 17 2010.

I tried to use the style code and order the chaos at footlocker, but they said they need the one off of the little white sticker on the box? Anyone have this?! Thanks in advance..

Ok.  A few quick things.  About to bite the bullet on the Aways for retal on NDC. I am sure there are some places that still have an abundance of these, but I know if I don't get them I will end up regretting i.e. the Carpe Diem 4s.  So on to the next line of business.

After seeing more of these Fall/Winter colorways upcoming, am I the only one who would love to see an orange infused colorway?  I mean blue is great, and there are certainly many different shades of blue, but an Orange - $%@ DK type colorway would be absolute fire in my opinion and a huge hit around Haloween/Fall.    I have inquired in the ID thread if any have done some 5s in orange,but seemingly no one has.  I don't mean orange/blue/knicks, but rather orange/black/grey, etc...  Just my thought.  I guess I will have to break down, sell an old Jordan or two and ID some up.

I might have to get my second pair of Aways on NDC also if I can't find any around my area today. No $30 discount, but there's free shipping.

I am not sure how I feel about the POPs. I will say the white swoosh looks better than the gold, though...

Originally Posted by prayformojo

Thanks for the responses guys. It seems like I should give them another chance, which I just might. Maybe I was little disappointed last night, because like most of you, I love the look of the Vs and all the great colorways.
And honestly, I doubt that I will be able to return them, it just that I don't like spending the $ on these and then they just sit in my closet. I guess I could sell 'em on eBay and take whatever I can get, but I don't think many peeps like to buy worn shoes..
Oh well, thanks again guys
trust me people on here will, even on ebayers will buy them "used"...people are always looking for a discount, trust.

Back
Top Bottom