OFFICIAL: ZOOM KOBE V THREAD : UPDATE ON PG.1 RELEASE DATES

Sure Edwin, I'll quote you

On June 26, 2008 in the Kobe IV thread.
Originally Posted by never wear them

THE KOBE LINE WILL DETERIORATE

Oh wait, wrong quote..

laugh.gif

I think they'll retro the kobe line when he retires. The quality probably will decline over time like JB. I wouldn't mind seeing some kobe dmp or cdp's. As long as they don't do a 60+ and fusion line
sick.gif
BTW, spizikes are swap meet jordans

Originally Posted by s dubl

so....speaking of JB........
Lex Venture wrote:
ok so i have beenthinking something i wanna get your guys opinion. do u think the kobe line will continue after the fact that kobe retires or it will stop as he stops. i hope it continues its too good if a line, i believe that kobes legacy is deep enough to keep his sig. shoe alive after he retires.
I was wondering the same thing (almost made a thread not too long ago, just didn't). I also wonder if they do continue the Kobe line after he retires will the line deteriorate the same as JB is doing due to quality issues/overdoing things?

this is definitely an interesting question...

it all depends i think on what happens from here. i think if kobe gets 6 rings or more or becomes the all time leading scorer it continues on. it sucks that he didn't just start with nike and cement his legacy from the beginning...but that is a separate issue. he has already proven himself to be one of the best players of all time...just would further solidify his legacy with what he does from here on.

one thing is definite is that he brought light to wearing low tops...the iv's changed the game and peoples opinions. the v's have taken what the iv's accomplished and have taken it to the next level. i too agree with many of you. i have not felt this way about a pair of shoes in a long time. i have been wearing nikes, reebok and adidas since i can remember. i have over the past few years mostly wore designer sneakers (gucci, lv, dior, ysl etc)and just collected my nikes etc. The v's are the 1st shoes that i have worn off and on the court. They are so versatile. I love them!

i feel another thing for the line to continue would be if kobe has the desire to continue the line afterwards. i feel like jordan wanted to and did, but handles it in the same way he has handled most of his ventures out of bball. he doesn't care about it. it shows in the decrease in the quality. he would rather be in dubai playing golf...or out partying to care about the way his shoes are made. he just cares about the bottom line. i think kobe when he gets in to something puts his all in to it. if he were to move on with it...i would hope that he would put that same effort towards the shoes he would create...but who knows....   

Originally Posted by Decepticon0

I think they'll retro the kobe line when he retires. The quality probably will decline over time like JB. I wouldn't mind seeing some kobe dmp or cdp's. As long as they don't do a 60+ and fusion line
sick.gif
BTW, spizikes are swap meet jordans
of course they will retro them...retroing is one thing...continuing the line after he is retired is another.   

Kobe loves the game too much to not give a care about anything that is related to it (including shoes). I can't see him just retiring and doing something not basketball related. From the get go, Kobe has been 110% on everything he's done and I don't expect that to change in the future.

id like to know how they will end off the kobe line though? in 3 years kobe might start deteriorating, would they end it with the Kobe VIII ? or will theyend it at Kobe XXIV ?

the only thing that will keep me from buying kobes after the V, is if they go w straps, and from what I have heard, that is the direction they will be going unfortunately

Originally Posted by jdub562

Leaving to Palm Spring for the day. My fiance got us a room for the night to celebrate my bday. Anyway, ACE's are FIRE!

Cool fit bro...

If they do go through with the whole strap thing... It'll be removable I hope. They (Nike) know they're makig some serious guap with these kicks... Turning them into something that may not be appeal to reg consumer, is out of question IMO

dang adrian how did you find that quote? or did you make it up? lol if its for real haha is this one of those times when you say..."foot in your mouth"

Originally Posted by ChoSTARR

Originally Posted by deionandmelo

does anyone else have the problem of "the more i look at the kobe v...., the more i want it"? i told myself i didnt need the USC pair, but damn the pics keep trying to convince me otherwise

man i suffer from the same dilemna!!!

so far i got:
Chaos 2x
Dark Knight 2x
Away
ASG 2x
V-Day
Aces 2x

Dang, 10 deep aleady....and more to come! SMH

LOL guys this thread is like a 1-800 crisis line - I got a kobe V addiction.....help
Chaos, DK, Ace, and Wht/red for me so far ....  And some IDs on the way .... this is all I will be buying.  I think.....

Originally Posted by never wear them

Eric Avar is about looks too. Look at his resume... Tell me you ain't impressed.

I see that, dude can't make an ugly shoe it seems. 

That's why I'm really looking forward to this Kobe line, as long as he is at the helm.

Originally Posted by GZA73

^Yeah a Kobe DMP would be fire!!! IV and V?

i was thinkin the same thing, but at this rate the retail

would be up to par withe Jordan DMP's.

Originally Posted by blackcat23mj

dang adrian how did you find that quote? or did you make it up? lol if its for real haha is this one of those times when you say..."foot in your mouth"
It's obvious that Adrian is stalking Edwin.

scared02.gif

What a creep.... 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom