OFFICIAL: ZOOM KOBE V THREAD : UPDATE ON PG.1 RELEASE DATES

No offense to anyone that has them, but that wolf grey CW seemed like kind of a lame "throw-in" at the end of the line.  I am super glad I still have DKs, Chaos, 5rings, and Aways on ice, as this should feed the kobe 5 fix for years to come.  If only I was smart enough to do the same with the 4s as well.  Oh well, onto the 6s, but I must say I was most impressed with the variance of colorways on the 5.

^wht about the people have like 20 pairs? like me? how long will they last...
i start regretting i m getting all these... lol way too many...

Originally Posted by Bryscooplaygrifhold

No offense to anyone that has them, but that wolf grey CW seemed like kind of a lame "throw-in" at the end of the line.  I am super glad I still have DKs, Chaos, 5rings, and Aways on ice, as this should feed the kobe 5 fix for years to come.  If only I was smart enough to do the same with the 4s as well.  Oh well, onto the 6s, but I must say I was most impressed with the variance of colorways on the 5.

Glad I got my grey wolfs for free, but yeah definitely is a weird CW.  And i also agree with the variety and combination of colors, it'll be interesting to see what else the VI's can offer because i still like the color-ways the V's had to offer and released.

Glad I got my grey wolfs for free, but yeah definitely is a weird CW.  And i also agree with the variety and combination of colors, it'll be interesting to see what else the VI's can offer because i still like the color-ways the V's had to offer and released.

Originally Posted by XanGelicO

got my wolf grey...
they r horrible in quality, smh at Nike... even though this is the last GR... u guys still needed to close it well
i m returning them... no way for me to keep them~
n they don't looked good on my feet at all... when i got the shoes, the tongues are wrikned up, the shoes are a bit deformed, looked like a burrito... especially the shoes are silver grey color, looked like the burritos with foil paper...
sigh...
one more spot for the iDs i guess
roll.gif

The v's had some clasic colorways that will go down in history.  I said it a while ago, i hope they dont repeat any colorways such as dk and bl.  Del sols,inlines,mpls are all fine to redo each year cause they have been, but some should be done once and thats all.

the V's should've ended like the IV's with the gradient cw's. the away gradient IV's were the ones that got me hooked into the kobe line lol damn...

Originally Posted by Petenthend

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

Originally Posted by sircsetroc

Got my 2 pairs of BLs 3 weeks ago.

i agree along with my chaos's!
Don't see the hype behind this color. I guess this shoes is more popular among the Asian community

yeah maybe because it's designed after bruce lee?
Nice pick ups....I think people who like this shoe like it because of the colorway....Nothing to do with race.

People buy shoes because they like them.

Originally Posted by kob8

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

Originally Posted by sircsetroc

Got my 2 pairs of BLs 3 weeks ago.

i agree along with my chaos's!
Don't see the hype behind this color. I guess this shoes is more popular among the Asian community

yeah maybe because it's designed after bruce lee?
Nice pick ups....I think people who like this shoe like it because of the colorway....Nothing to do with race.

People buy shoes because they like them.

Indeed true. Does anybody here considered Kobe Asian because he decided to came with this colorway in his signature shoes? Nah. Our pick ups shows us our own individual identities. Unless your buying because of hype.

Some people simply liked the BLs because they were a hot colorway and couldn't care less that they were associated with Bruce Lee. I also know people who were non-sneakerheads that copped simply because they were associated with Bruce Lee, and Bruce Lee's popularity, like Kobe's, extends FAR beyond just one racial/ethnic community.

Hell, a few years back, some city in Bosnia built a bronze statue of Bruce Lee of all people as a symbol of hope and justice. They could've picked any other famous person in history, but instead they went with Bruce Lee to rep their city, even though it's in the middle of Europe. If you really think about it, that's random as hell. And I definitely know there's a whole generation of people in the US who aren't Asian and grew up loving kung fu movies simply cuz of BL. Same thing with how crazy popular Kobe is in China. He's obviously not Chinese, but people love him to death out there regardless of race. You don't gotta be Asian to love Bruce Lee, and you don't have to be black to love Kobe.

I'm sure a bunch of people probably also copped the Dark Knights cuz Batman is their favorite superhero or they loved the movie.

Originally Posted by Wayne141

Some people simply liked the BLs because they were a hot colorway and couldn't care less that they were associated with Bruce Lee. I also know people who were non-sneakerheads that copped simply because they were associated with Bruce Lee, and Bruce Lee's popularity, like Kobe's, extends FAR beyond just one racial/ethnic community.

Hell, a few years back, some city in Bosnia built a bronze statue of Bruce Lee of all people as a symbol of hope and justice. They could've picked any other famous person in history, but instead they went with Bruce Lee to rep their city, even though it's in the middle of Europe. If you really think about it, that's random as hell. And I definitely know there's a whole generation of people in the US who aren't Asian and grew up loving kung fu movies simply cuz of BL. Same thing with how crazy popular Kobe is in China. He's obviously not Chinese, but people love him to death out there regardless of race. You don't gotta be Asian to love Bruce Lee, and you don't have to be black to love Kobe.

I'm sure a bunch of people probably also copped the Dark Knights cuz Batman is their favorite superhero or they loved the movie.

That's beautiful, well said man.

smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

agreed, and i like it!

hey guys,
quick question!

Kobe V pop and Kobe V away aka. 2k9? which one looked better? which one more worth to keep?

Originally Posted by XanGelicO

smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

agreed, and i like it!

agreed.  well said, some people are just stereo typical.

Originally Posted by thapointguy

Eastbay removed the discount exclusion off the V. Tempted to use the one time 25% off code for them along with other shoes.
The colorways listed below are the only V's removed from the exclusion list.

- USA
- China
- Draft Days
- Home
- Inlines

^pretty nice iDs, DNeou

thanks for yr Vs, i just hit the 24 pairs mark of the Kobe Vs...
i think it is time to stop. and thts the most multiple pairs i have on single model... too crazy

^pretty nice iDs, DNeou

thanks for yr Vs, i just hit the 24 pairs mark of the Kobe Vs...
i think it is time to stop. and thts the most multiple pairs i have on single model... too crazy

Nothing special. Just the old reliable ZKV Del Sol taken today. My 3rd most used V after the Blackouts and 2k10 Aways... I balled in them 3 times and worn casually probably 20 times... It's holding up real well with lots of life left! ZKV are such a classic! Top 3 shoe of all time for me! Sorry for the celly pics.

very nice, marley!

hmmm MD with white laces r nice~ gonna put the white laces on my MD as well since i have a Dukes is blk/blue scheme

Back
Top Bottom