OFFICIAL: ZOOM KOBE V THREAD : UPDATE ON PG.1 RELEASE DATES

The only paint many ppl and myself have used is Angelus paint. I used it on leather but paint cracks on flex points. I paint it straight up so maybe that's why the durability is not good. Might be prep work involved but I have no idea what is done. If you are painting the shiny part I don't think the paint will adhere to it unless you scuff it up. It's probably not worth all the work knowing that it'll still crack. You are better off leaving it as is or you don't care about the outcome and willing to experiment.

I down with the Vs going back on iD. Make it happen! :nerd:

Yeah that's a good point. I like them the way they are I just thought it'd be cool to do a poor man's iD on them lol. But scuffing it up and then having it look like doo-doo after applying the paint would be a travesty, so I'll just keep them as is. Thanks for the input though bruh.

if V's went back up on ID id def be buying a pair.

too bad it wont happen and i wouldnt trust it years later. i doubt the shoe wold perform as good

I actually found a certain acrylic paint that dries quickly and gives it a matte finish, so my inks are currently being painted. I'll post pics when im done so you guys can see them. So far they look pretty good, gotta wait for them to dry and do another coat.

I know, but I've used a primer on it as well that should prevent that from happening too severely.

This was my inspiration for them:

And here's what they look like so far. Still have to add another coating of an after-finish product one of my artist friend's told me to use:

We'll see how it goes lol.

Did you paint it by hand or did you mask the areas not being painted then use an air brush kit? I didn't like the Inks because there was too much purple so what you did is nice. Let it cure for a few days in the sun before wearing them.

^ Did it by hand. still masked the areas not shiny metallic because i didnt want any leaks on into the tougher purple area (woulda been harder to get off).

Yeah the ink's didn't do it for me, too much flash. with this matte look it looks much more tame and easier to rock on a casual basis as well. It's rainy today so hopefully tomorrow I can get them in the sun to really firm up and set in. Thanks for the feedback and input!

I know, but I've used a primer on it as well that should prevent that from happening too severely.
This was my inspiration for them:

And here's what they look like so far. Still have to add another coating of an after-finish product one of my artist friend's told me to use:

We'll see how it goes lol.
Wow, very nice custom job. I have worn Kobe IV, V, VI, and VII on the basketball court and the V's are the best basketball shoes hands down. Thank goodness I still have a ton of deadstock pairs in my closet. I have never gone as overboard on a signature line like the 5's. Here's a picture of about half my collection. I have already gone through 3 pairs on the court. Plan on busting out the 4th pair soon. 
smokin.gif

Last edited:
pretty sure I have a few in my locker... try and order, see what happens :nerd:

Ive heard some stories of shoes that arent on ID anymore being made....

Thanks for all the feedback fellas! I have to coat it with a matte finish varnish today and once that dries it should be able to handle wear and not crack as much if at all. I'll definitely let you all know.

I tried just now. NO LUCK! :frown:
they will eventually re up this on NDC.
They did it for the 2k4... I'm sure they will
do it for the 5s.

I feel your pain Z. been a while before I found DS inlines...
for sure it will come up.
Just check ebay. there are several pairs around 80-100. get them before
it's OVER. in 2 years we may not see a single DS pair for sale.

Getting a DS bruce lee tomorrow!!! SO EXCITED! Wooooooooooooooh!
Can't wait to ball in them.
$220, for those who will ask.

Back
Top Bottom