Officially Official: Jay-Z Stepping Down as Def Jam President

"Now it's time for me to take on new challenges," he said in a statement. "I am pleased to have had the opportunity to build upon the Def Jam legacy," he added.
Even tho I wanted him to step down he coulda really took on the challenge and put the mic down and really preserve and see if he could make thisright. I guess not.
"Jay made it clear to us that he feels the time has come to take on different challenges in his life. While we regret his decision to move on, we certainly respect it," said Antonio 'L.A.' Reid," chairman of Island Def Jam.
Well I feel thats bull shh, aint no regrets and this was a challenge for Ol Man Jigga, not to say he isn't goin on to make moves.

Ok now maybe we can move on from this whole debacle. I hope this thread doesn't turn out into another ignorant argument lets just MOVE ON.... So who shouldbe the new president? Irv?
nerd.gif

smokin.gif

^Theres some people out there I think they really just need to go and do what it takes to get Kevin L. back... or maybe even the long shot Rick Rubin

You know, I dont get it. At first I thought that Jay did a horrible job as the president. Lack of promotion for major artist. But the fact of the matter is, NOONE gets promotion anymore. Jay may not have done a great job promoting some of the legendary artists who had new albums come out, but he created MONSTER newstars in Ne-Yo, Rihanna and Young Jeezy. If you look at it that way, how many other labels have created three new superstars that are on the level of thesethree in the time period that Jay has been pres?

Now its time for these artists to show and prove now that the "problem" is out of the way. I'm happy for everyone involved.

could he really be talking about ray lewis...is chad that ignorant to say he doesnt know who ray lewis is

B2M, I lost a bet over in sports and "Seymore L's" is a play on my name... I refuse to introduce that ({}) in my avy to another innocentindividual... he's not worth the time it would take you to read his name
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

so what happens to the ROC?

is he still the head honcho? is def jam still the distributor?

aight good looks on the Patrick Willis flow

on topic....maybe artists will drop now with promotion, who knows. Maybe everything at Def Jam will be the same, proving he didnt really have a presidentialinfluence. Honestly, I don't expect much to change. To dude who said he broke Jeezy, Rihanna, and Ne-Yo I think we might be overestimating his influencewith these artists. From what we saw, he didnt really do much other than one remix verse for all of them We don't really know if he was back there makingmoves with Jeezy; helping him become a star. All three of them basically got lucky in my opinion, and aren't really that big of stars to where the generalpublic would know who they are or recognize their names

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

B2M, I lost a bet over in sports and "Seymore L's" is a play on my name... I refuse to introduce that ({}) in my avy to another innocent individual... he's not worth the time it would take you to read his name
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

roll.gif

It all makes sense now...

I was wondering why Subliminals asked me to make that avy.
roll.gif

Anyone who thinks this is going to change anything hasn't been paying much attention at all. I don't care who steps in to fill the role, the majorityof these old rappers still aren't going to sell worth a damn.

^word Rav, Im anxious to see what happens with the new Pres. That'll be the day when another one of the vets on Def Jam release a new album only to beshafted by promotion.

Back
Top Bottom