* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

All I know is, to be considered legit, you gotta flash the hardware. If Lebron wanted to be great, he'd lead a Knicks, Cavs, Nets, etc team to the promised land. He doesn't want to be great. What he does want to be though, is be a champion. A winner.

And really, I can't fault him for that. Miami does give him the best chance to win. We know this. Throw in the fact that these dudes are all friends, and it is what it is. He wants to win and play with his friends.

Sure, the whole process and build up was unnecessary and not needed, but, dude chose the best destination to play basketball.

When I brought up Kobe, it was because Skip Bayless made the point. Kobe quit during the Suns series, wanted to be traded, and then ripped the Lakers and Bynum, by complaining how do you not trade Bynum for Kidd. But that's all water under the bridge now, because of the championships won.

Same thing with Lebron. Once/if he gets his ring/s, history will look back and it'll note he's a champion. That's the way it's always been. Kobe had Shaq. Shaq had Kobe. The Rockets only won because MJ retired. KG had to form a big 3 to finally get over the hump. At the end of the day, it makes for good talking points, but in the long run, that stuff doesn't really matter. Nobody really cares, as, championships are championships.

How many, moreso than how many with who and so.

I can see where Lebron is coming from though.

Kobe had the luxuary of playing with in his prime Shaq. After Shaq was gone, Kobe got fed up and wanted out. He was close to getting his wish by going to Chicago. Why did Kobe want to leave? Because the task was too tough alone. Even a Kobe Bryant couldn't do it himself.

Lakers got Gasol, 'the most talented big man' in the game, and now we have the Lakers in the Finals 3 straight years winning 2 out of 3.

Lebron, when has he had a legit #2? Sure, he got pieces put around him, but I don't think you can point to any of these dudes and call them a legit #2. Seven years later, and here we are, even a Lebron can't do it all himself. He felt what Kobe felt. So he left. To a team with a legit #2. And #3.

Oh well.

Everything wouldn't have blown out of proportion if LeBron kept his ego in check and just discussed the matter privately instead of slapping everyone in the face with the presscon claiming that it was a last minute decision.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Dirk and Bosh are both better than Pau.

Sorry LA.

Yet, Dirk and Bosh flame out in the playoffs...

What happened to Dirk in '10 in the first round against the Spurs?

Originally Posted by h3at23

If Pau was the #1 option on his team, he would flame out in the playoffs

Pau had no help in Memphis.  His supporting cast was worse than Lebron's, worse than Kobe's Post-Shaq Era, whereas Dirk has had significant help throughout his career, especially the past few seasons.   

Sorry, but the truth hurts. 

Originally Posted by Steve212

Pau had no help in Memphis.  His supporting cast was worse than Lebron's, worse than Kobe's Post-Shaq Era, whereas Dirk has had significant help throughout his career, especially the past few seasons.   

Dirk flamed out in the playoffs?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Dirk playoff averages are 26 11 and 3.
laugh.gif

The reason Pau got to the playoffs for three strait years is because he had a deep supporting cast. They had 8 to 10 players get significant playing time.

h3at23 wrote:

So you're gonna say Pau had no help, but hate on Bosh cause he was the #1 option?

Originally Posted by Steve Cash

with signing MONEY MIKE

the heat have solidified a championship, seriously.

No hate, but this is not the same mike miller from years past.  Injuries may have finally gotten to him.

Originally Posted by kvsm23vs24

Originally Posted by Master Zik

Originally Posted by BrandonL32

Bird...Jordan...Magic and Kobe (for the last two) were the LEADERS of their team

And everyone needs help no denying that...NBA is a 5 player game...not 1
This aint about Bron no more. He's cemented what rank he is as a player. He'll play Robin to Wade's Batman and Bosh will be Alfred.

eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

as for chips, franchise this is a totally different situation. Lebron aint playing with no ordinary stars. This man is playing with another SUPERSTAR TOP 5 IN THE LEAGUE. as well as Bosh whom some say is top ten player in the league. Kobe didnt have a top five, neither did Jordan... he will never be considered an all-time great that could lead his team to the championship.

What kind of garbage is this?
laugh.gif

Didn't Kobe win his 1st three rings with Shaq (a top 50 player) and his last two with Gasol (top 5 PF)?

Didn't Jordan win his rings with Pippen (a top 50 player)?

Originally Posted by Proshares

Is it a given that Paul is going to somehow join Miami after he opts out in 2 years?
Him joining Lebron's marketing group was kind of telling... those bums haven't done too much so why would he go to them unless he was "on board with the plan"

I'm not one to get into conspiracies, but that was interesting.

Originally Posted by Proshares

Is it a given that Paul is going to somehow join Miami after he opts out in 2 years?
Well supposedly they had this thought/plan since '08 so if they could get CP3, they probably would.

Dude, you just stuck you foot in your mouth & made my case about Bosh
laugh.gif

Dirk is not for me to say. That's not my department. I'll leave that for JA/Dirk

I'm not getting into this BS again... We've been over it time and time again and it ain't worth it.

On LeBron, the only thing that really bothers me is I feel like this has been planned for 3 years and they all put on this big act like they didn't know... I don't care if you wanna play together. That's fine. If none of you care about having your own legacy and standing on your own as a legend, fine. That's your deal. I don't know, the whole thing just rubs me the wrong way. I don't believe for one second these three didn't have this planned way ahead of the last two days.

so just like some of you fools was saying the number 1 player in the NBA changes every night(bron,kobe and Wade)

cant you say the same for the top PF spot?

*%@% you Mike for that big +%# laughing face in the Knicks thread. I knew you'd be one of the first fools to post in there
laugh.gif

But yes, you're right on that. The 4 changes constantly.

Back
Top Bottom