* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

Originally Posted by mYToAsterspeak

Miami V Cleveland is gonna be great TV. I've already got tickets to that game, and I'm sitting right behind the scorers table. If LeBron do that punk throw the powder in the air $*!$, I'm gonna throw my drink in his face and be prepared to spend the night in jail

Why say this when you know for a fact your not gonna do it!!

Regular season is right around the corner
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by mYToAsterspeak

Miami V Cleveland is gonna be great TV. I've already got tickets to that game, and I'm sitting right behind the scorers table. If LeBron do that punk throw the powder in the air $*!$, I'm gonna throw my drink in his face and be prepared to spend the night in jail

Cat_owns_dog.gif

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

Still wish Sheed didn't retire, he's still got life in his game. Definitly would struggle with the new officiating rules though
roll.gif

RT @russbengtson: Rasheed Wallace didn't actually retire, he just got ejected pre-emptively for the rest of eternity.

roll.gif

Originally Posted by PMatic

Simmons' obsession with Durant and OKC is getting borderline disturbing.

He has Thunder vs Celtics in the Finals
laugh.gif

I didn't agree on their take on most of the teams, Simmons is really cocky.

Is is safe to say Toronto will be the worst team maybe ever? I think Cleveland maybe a good defense team this year, but their offense is really questionable.

How many years in a row has he picked the Celts in the finals now? 
laugh.gif
   KG and co will all be 37-38 and he'll still be pickin them in the finals. 

He seems pretty confident that Melo is goin NY tho

He's confident because he wants to see it happen and NYC to fail
laugh.gif

He's a good writer but his blatant hate for anything New York bleeds through in his writing and his TV appearances.

Originally Posted by CP1708

How many years in a row has he picked the Celts in the finals now? 
laugh.gif
   KG and co will all be 37-38 and he'll still be pickin them in the finals. 

He seems pretty confident that Melo is goin NY tho
We all know it's going to happen but the question is when will the Nuggets actually pull the trigger.

Originally Posted by Proshares

laugh.gif

He's a good writer but his blatant hate for anything New York bleeds through in his writing and his TV appearances.
Uhhhhh, try listening to anything he says Laker related. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

This dude talks about 08 like it was the greatest championship ever earned..........then he'll say 09 and 10 were down years and crap like that. 
laugh.gif

Or he'll hype the hell out of 84, and 85 and 87 are just glossed over like they never happened. 

Like you said, he's a good writer, very funny, comes up with funny analogies and pop culture references and all that, but sitting their being a homer and havin all his buddies come on as guests and what not?  Come on. 
eyes.gif

But for me, at least he's passionate about the sport.  That counts for something with me, I can tune out all the other stuff as long as he doesn't go too crazy.  Him going Rondo = greatest point guard ever last postseason was borderline getting there, but he had some of that crow in late June. 

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by Proshares

laugh.gif

Uhhhhh, try listening to anything he says Laker related. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

This dude talks about 08 like it was the greatest championship ever earned..........then he'll say 09 and 10 were down years and crap like that. 
laugh.gif

Or he'll hype the hell out of 84, and 85 and 87 are just glossed over like they never happened. 

Like you said, he's a good writer, very funny, comes up with funny analogies and pop culture references and all that, but sitting their being a homer and havin all his buddies come on as guests and what not?  Come on. 
eyes.gif

But for me, at least he's passionate about the sport.  That counts for something with me, I can tune out all the other stuff as long as he doesn't go too crazy.  Him going Rondo = greatest point guard ever last postseason was borderline getting there, but he had some of that crow in late June. 

Your right, but he always says his views aren't valid when it comes to talking about his home town teams.

I was
roll.gif
 when he was talkin himself into Delonte and Shaq. 

"I dunno, I dunno, Shaq just looks in shape this year"........  jkahghsauihfdfiudgfbafdsausafu  EVERY year Shaq comes in in shape.  Last year he was takin pics with Lebron, everyone was
eek.gif
 he looks in shape, OC with his minute by minute updates, every time Shaq took a piss, [OC] Shaq just lost .07 more ounces, thread title updated [OC] and when he was in Phoenix with Nash and Stat and their great training crew out there, "he looks thin, he looks fit" and at the end of each of those seasons, we all call him fat, slow, old, and done.  Been goin on for 5 years now.  But yeah Bill, this year it's different, he's a CELTIC now. 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I think he pretty much just goes with if every single thing works in their favor, they are right there, and with the other teams, he wants to speak on their weakness over and over.  Kobe's knee is already hurt (um, what is KG's?)  Bron and Wade are already nicked up (and 5-8 years younger then Allen and Pierce are) 

I just don't get that stuff.  And the @#$% of it is, I actually predict Boston to make the finals.  It ain't like I'm mad at him picking them or anything, I just don't get his reasoning of things.  I don't need Shaq to be in shape, I need him to be a pain in the butt to other teams.  West?  hell, if he don't kill any of his team members, or bang their moms, call that a win in my book.  I go with them because of their depth, experience together, and hunger from letting one slip away and having one last hurrah for about 7 of those guys. 

However, I did
laugh.gif
 when they got scared of upsetting "the soccer moms" 
roll.gif
roll.gif
Man, that stuff was gold.  Bill overrates the hell out of that team, but it was funny to hear him give crap to the fans.  Stuff like that is why I do enjoy his work. 

^
Naw, I do like him, but when he speaks on Boston/LA, he's terrible.  Obviously I know why I may feel that way, but I don't come even close to dissing on Boston the way he does.  And he's the one that gets paid to talk about stuff fairly. 
30t6p3b.gif

capture65.jpg

MIAMI -- LeBron James started his own Twitter account in July becausehe wanted to be more in touch with fans and, as it has turned out, hisnon-fans.

To illustrate that sometimes unpleasant interaction, James took theunusual step of re-tweeting some hateful Twitter messages to his900,000 followers on Tuesday afternoon. On Wednesday, the Miami Heatstar said he did it to show people what he deals with on a daily basis.

I just want you guys to see it also. To see what type of words that aresaid toward me and towards us as professional athletes. Everybodythinks it is a bed of roses and it's not.

James published three negative tweets on his feed including one that was racially charged.

"I just want you guys to see it also," James said after the Heat'spractice Wednesday afternoon. "To see what type of words that are saidtoward me and towards us as professional athletes. Everybody thinks itis a bed of roses and it's not."

In one message a person wrote that James is "a big nosed big lipped bugeyed (racial slur). Ur greedy, u try to hide ur ghettoness."

Last month in an interview with CNN, James said that he felt some ofthe backlash aimed at him after his decision to sign with the Heat wasracially based.

In another message James made public he was called a "fraud" and a"b**ch" and in another tweet the writer wrote "why don't u speak bylaying ur head under a moving car."

James often retweets messages from friends and fans but they areusually positive ones. But he said he reads the negative messages formotivational purposes.

"You're always going to have people who love you and who hate you,"James said. "I have enough motivation but I can always use a littlemore."

LeBron James retweets racist messages he's received - ESPN

dude is gonna play the victim role all year
eyes.gif
those posts were terrible, but nearly anyone gets hate messages on the internet. kobe has gotten the same type if not worse. just look at nearly any youtube video and someone will make a racist comment. i don't know why he always seems to need more motivation. winning a championship isn't enough motivation??? seems so mentally soft. i'm sure he would have gotten racist posts if he had a twitter while he was still on the cavs

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Why can't Ike Diogu crack a roster?
I seriously think about this everyday. Coming outta ASU I thought he was gonna be a Elton Brand 2.0.......

Back
Top Bottom