[::OFFSEASON OVER. Lock Please.::]

Which New Laker Acquisition Will Shine The Most This Upcoming Season?

• Jordan Farmar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nick Young

• Chris Kaman

• Elias Harris

• Wesley Johnson

• Ryan Kelly

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
goddamn you still want to pin that dantoni decision on jim? jesus. how many reports do you need to read that jerry signed off on it too?

ya'll weren't singing this tune when we had cp3 for 30 minutes
when we signed nash
when we traded for dwight

ya'll don't think it was a coincidence that most of the laker contracts end after this next year? that was ALWAYS the plan. having the season we just had and dwight not resigning probably wasn't part of the plan, but we're still set up as big players in the 2014 AND 2015 free agent markets.

ya'll are so doom and gloom around here. it sucks that we can potentially go into a rebuild season, but the way you guys throw blame around here is just :lol:

Last edited:
Again stop with the narrative of Jim chose MDA over Phil.... Jerry made that call

thats a lie. my trainer is very good friends with kobes business manager and he told him that decision was all jim. jerry was already in too grave of a condition since the start of the season to make any calls on the organization.

Again stop with the narrative of Jim chose MDA over Phil.... Jerry made that call

thats a lie. my trainer is very good friends with kobes business manager and he told him that decision was all jim. jerry was already in too grave of a condition since the start of the season to make any calls on the organization.

word? well my homie's girl's sister. who happens to be doing her residency at cedar's sinai overheard some of the obgyn nurses talking to vanessa bryant. vanessa allegedly said that she heard from kobe that jerry signed off on the deal

100%

Honestly, if we strike out on D12. I have no idea or confidence in the direction of this franchise, regardless of cap space. If they ain't knocking down LeBron's door next offseason and offering him the world and he accepts I don't think it even matters. There aren't any franchise/championship level players in next year's class in my opinion. Might be better off waiting until 2015. Which will not please the fanbase, Kobe or anyone else associated with the Lakers.

And this may not be fair to Jim but I don't think the fans will look at his tenure as a success or trending in the right direction unless Dwight resigns:
1) Yeah, he traded for CP3, but ultimately it was vetoed and he's across the hallway and the cornerstone for the Clippers
2) Traded for Steve Nash (40 yr old PG with a 3 year contract)
3) Traded for Dwight yes, but subsequently has him bolt for another squad
4) Hired Mike Brown
5) Hired MDA (no matter if Dr. Buss signed off or not) over Phil Jax
6) from the looks being cheap not wanting to pay the tax for one season which he has to do anyway to keep this team at least competitive, while keeping your flexibility

Fair or not, all of this will fall on Jim's head.

Last edited:
Jim and Mitch do have a plan. Again, with, or without Dwight.

May cost us a miserable 2013-14 season, but that's what it takes. 2009-10 Heat sucked pretty badly. Think they're doin ok with that now.

goddamn you still want to pin that dantoni decision on jim? jesus. how many reports do you need to read that jerry signed off on it too?

ya'll weren't singing this tune when we had cp3 for 30 minutes
when we signed nash
when we traded for dwight

ya'll don't think it was a coincidence that most of the laker contracts end after this next year? that was ALWAYS the plan. having the season we just had and dwight not resigning probably wasn't part of the plan, but we're still set up as big players in the 2014 AND 2015 free agent markets.

ya'll are so doom and gloom around here. it sucks that we can potentially go into a rebuild season, but the way you guys throw blame around here is just :lol:

Jerry was dying in the hospital. There is a good chance that Jim made the decision. Who told all these reporters that Jerry wanted Dantoni? Jerry himself? or Jim? :nerd:

What moves have the Lakers done so far this offseason? Keeping Sacre? :rofl:

word? well my homie's girl's sister. who happens to be doing her residency at cedar's sinai overheard some of the obgyn nurses talking to vanessa bryant. vanessa allegedly said that she heard from kobe that jerry signed off on the deal

100%

yeah ok i knew someone was gonna come and say something dumb like that. go take a look at a guy named @tk7live on instagram. those pictures hes always posting of the guy with the new kobes that havent come out yet. thats kobes business manager at a private invite only open run in southern california every saturday. and yes ive been there and spoken to him as well. go ahead though. i just tried to post some info i had and dudes wanna act smart like im making stuff up.

100%

yeah ok i knew someone was gonna come and say something dumb like that. go take a look at a guy named @tk7live on instagram. those pictures hes always posting of the guy with the new kobes that havent come out yet. thats kobes business manager at a private invite only open run in southern california every saturday. and yes ive been there and spoken to him as well. go ahead though. i just tried to post some info i had and dudes wanna act smart like im making stuff up.

:lol: Relax, nobody cares

100%
roll.gif
roll.gif

*Non Laker fan checking in, don't shoot*

I really don't see this constitutes as a plan. It sounds like "Save money so we can get Lebron the year he is free" That's not really a plan

not that I believe you or anything like that but hating on the front office is like stirring up a hornet's nest in here

there are some hardcore front office riders/white knights in here

I really don't see this constitutes as a plan. It sounds like "Save money so we can get Lebron the year he is free" That's not really a plan

It is to some people.
Jim Buss is being compared to Pat Riley now.

Our "plan" is that In 2014 were getting LeBron and in 2016 were getting Durant.

No ifs ands or buts. That's the plan, apparently.

Last edited:

100%

im more inclined to believe jim made that decision but because jerry already stepped down and didnt want to seem like he didnt trust his son and he didnt want to step on his sons toes he co signed that deal. he did it for his boy.

and we all know jim hates phils guts probably on some sick twisted tony montana fantasizing about his sister steez

Jim and Mitch do have a plan. Again, with, or without Dwight.

May cost us a miserable 2013-14 season, but that's what it takes. 2009-10 Heat sucked pretty badly. Think they're doin ok with that now.

They got LeBron though. And already had Wade. I don't think they honestly have a "plan". They'll have max money to throw at Bron, Melo, etc. but will they even want to come with the franchise looking somewhat in flux and no other guy already here to attract them long term? I really don't think people understand how critical it is to have Dwight come back. Why would LeBron want to hit the reset button and go back to a CLE type situation in LA when he could stay in Miami or hey go back to CLE where they actually have a decent core building already. Just having Steve Nash at 41 yrs old is not enticing in the least.

You guys believe anything the media tells you.

Jerry Buss was lying in his death bed half awake while Jim hires MDA... And apparently Jerry gave the okay on that hiring? Lol.

You're tellin me the guy is about to die and one of the last things he says is "Yes son, hire D'Antoni instead of Phil Jackson...that's great, that's exactly what I would do...goodbye Jim"???

:rofl: yeah right man. if the poor guy could of gotten up and done something about it he would of. He'd never make such a horrible decision.

Rest in Peace Jerry.

Last edited:
and face it we are never going to suck for long periods of time like a kings, cavs, or bobcats franchise.

people will never stop wanting to play for this historic franchise

it may have to take kicking kobes butt out the damn team but we will be back on top sooner than later with or without dwight

Last edited:

It is to some people.

we're gonna look like the Knicks when they cleared all that cap space for Lebron

:lol: :smh:

You guys believe anything the media tells you.

Jerry Buss was lying in his death bed half awake while Jim hires MDA... And apparently Jerry gave the okay on that hiring? Lol.

You're tellin me the guy is about to die and one of the last things he says is "Yes son, hire D'Antoni instead of Phil Jackson...that's great, that's exactly what I would do...goodbye Jim"???

:rofl: yeah right man. if the poor guy could of gotten up and done something about it he would of. He'd never make such a horrible decision.

Rest in Peace Jerry.

on some doctor dre and nas made peace with pac on his death bed tale :lol:

100%

relax man. its just jokes.

everyone is too serious in here. a bit on edge because of dwight. he making laker fans turn on each other!

but in my opinion, the 2014 cap space "plan" has always been in place. yeah we might not be able to get lebron, melo, etc (and i bet we wont) but that isn't the end all be all for lakers options. trade possibilities open up.

everyone relax, and have an ice cold brew. happy 4th 8)

Jesus.......

The plan is CAP SPACE. FLEX, IBILITY.

Be it Bron, or ANY of the other options that come available.

For the 100th time, which of you guys saw Harden getting dealt last year? Houston had the space and pounced.

You HAVE to have cap space available.

If Dwight leaves, maybe we get lucky and can flip Pau and or Nash at the deadline for extra picks or assets. Maybe not, but its in play.

You guys want to stay spending, stay spending, stay above the cap, never be flexible, never have cap space.

STOP.

In 12 months we will actually be able to make moves. And everyone *****ing about it. :smh:

It is to some people.

we're gonna look like the Knicks when they cleared all that cap space for Lebron

:lol: :smh:

Exactly. Repped.
That's the same situation i used in debates
Months ago. Knicks cleared all space and got what.... Amare? For 100 mill? :lol:

LeBron didn't wanna go to a team with absolutely no body around him. Even if it was New York.

Look at how the league works these days, stars don't wanna try to win solo anymore. It's all about big 3's now. They want help. No ELITE super star is gonna join a team with nothing but a 41 year old Steve Nash on it. :rofl:

Sure maybe we'll land a ZBo or an old Dirk or something. But is that really worth tanking for? ZBo? He gonna take us to the finals solo? With a 41 year old Nash?

I mean sheesh. Okay...lets go for it...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you actually have to have players or picks or some assets to be involved in sign and trades? We don't have none of those going into 2014.

HOU actually had an expiring contract in Kevin Martin and other young players. We literally only have Steve Nash on the roster for 2015. Don't see how the situation is remotely similar.

I just don't want to end up paying for a bunch of older over the hill players to fill out the roster and still end up being right back at the cap while not being competitive all at the same damn time.

Last edited:
Jesus.......

The plan is CAP SPACE. FLEX, IBILITY.

Be it Bron, or ANY of the other options that come available.

For the 100th time, which of you guys saw Harden getting dealt last year? Houston had the space and pounced.

You HAVE to have cap space available.

If Dwight leaves, maybe we get lucky and can flip Pau and or Nash at the deadline for extra picks or assets. Maybe not, but its in play.

You guys want to stay spending, stay spending, stay above the cap, never be flexible, never have cap space.

STOP.

In 12 months we will actually be able to make moves. And everyone *****ing about it. :smh:

I like the plan but I would also like for them to tank so they can get a lottery type player + free agents

They are not winning anything next year even if Dwight signs. Might as well tank.

CP you're my dude.
I respect you're views.
I ain't mad at ya.
I understand what you're saying.

I just respectfully disagree with the approach.
But I hope you're right. I hope things work out the way you hope they do. I really do. I wanna be proven wrong about all of this.

But I just can't fake how I feel. I'm just objectively not impressed by the direction of our franchise. And I apologize if I've reiterated it too many times. I'm not panicking. I'm not jumping off the ship.

Laker till I die. I got faith that we'll be back to the promise land again someday. I know in the long run we will be okay.

But in the short run, I just see a lot of embarrassing seasons coming up for the next few years.

It's all good tho. Sports are a roller coaster ride. You go up and come back down. We can't be on top forever.

And yes, to be fair Im very aware that if it wasn't for STERN we'd have Chris Paul and our franchise would be in a totally different state right now. Trust me I'm never gonna forgive him for that :smh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom