[::OFFSEASON OVER. Lock Please.::]

Which New Laker Acquisition Will Shine The Most This Upcoming Season?

• Jordan Farmar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nick Young

• Chris Kaman

• Elias Harris

• Wesley Johnson

• Ryan Kelly

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see what's going on here.

Those who are Laker fans trust Jim/Mitch and their 2014 plan.

Those who are Kobe fans want a competitive team this year so Kobe has a chance to get his 6.

Can't blame either side.

Last edited:
Son I'm not believing Jerry made that decision laying in a hospital bed. I'm not falling for that. Jim made that choice and he gave no dambs about what anybody thought.

*Non Laker fan checking in, don't shoot*

I really don't see this constitutes as a plan. It sounds like "Save money so we can get Lebron the year he is free" That's not really a plan

Real talk. It seems like either it's Lebron or Stern gives us Wiggins for screwing up the CP3 deal or it's try to get KD in 2016.

I'm tryna enjoy this Jay album and this Lakers talk is killing my vibe. Word to Kendrick. :smh:

on some doctor dre and nas made peace with pac on his death bed tale :lol:

:rofl: :rofl:

I'm out

Last edited:

Those who are Kobe fans want a competitive team this year so Kobe has a chance to get his 6.

Can't blame either side.

That's pretty much what it is. And I'm all for the long term plan, as CP said, that's been the case for a couple yrs now

Don't want to turn this into a Team believe/don't believe in Jim Buss thread but just look at the numbers.

HoopsHype - How stars got to their teams http://po.st/HDW9Ei via @hoopshype...

I mean just look at our franchise under Dr. Buss. We only signed Shaq and resigned Kobe as franchise free agents in their or going into their prime. Doesn't happen very often.

Last edited:
The long term plan that he's speaking of only works if we land super stars after we have all that cap space.
Any superstar. But at least 1.

And no I'm not talking about a then 59 year old Dirk or ZBo or Bosh.

A younger star who can lead a team into real contention. LeBron/Harden/Durant/Westbrook/Steph type of star.

Anything other than that quality of a star with that open cap space will just lead to possible playoffs with 1st round exits for the next half decade. You also need rotational players like essential said. And we keep letting go of solid cheap rotational players.

We'll see. I'm hoping the dominoes fall in our favor in 2014. Somehow

Step back and look at NJ. Deron is all they got, plus Lopez, a top 10ish pick.
They then are given Pierce/KG. But that started from scratch, they had some misses, etc.

We have to hope we don't miss as badly. But for example, say we get......7th pick next year. (If Dwight leaves). Maybe flip Pau and or Nash. Iono, a......10th puck for them. (Just example)

So no Dwight, probably no Bron. (Dwight stays and there is clearly our target, both examples now).

7 pick + 10 pick. Kobe stays at 10 mil. (Who knows, maybe he gets us a Pierce deal). Maybe someone comes in 2014, maybe not. Maybe we see Love + Rondo lookin to move soon.

The Knicks did overspend to nab Amare. They also had the space to bring in Melo. Had Melo not been so greedy, Knicks could have kept Chandler, or Gallo to put around Stat/Melo. But they DID have the flexibility to move on them.

Yes Essential, Clark could have been kept with a team option. With us owning a ton already in luxury tax, his 5-6 mil for this year would amount to what? Double-triple that? You good with that?
You want to Amnesty Ron (but still pay the actual dollars) and still double the Clark money over the cap?
Give or take a couple mil, I don't have our numbers in front of me.

And maybe we get better than 7-10 guys, just an example. Maybe we get 2 picks, or a top 5-6-7 from this year dealt, ala Thomas Robinson type give up trade.

Point remains, suddenly flexible to be able to add pieces in bunches.

If we found a way to get Rondo all my worries would go away. I believe in Rajon, and I'm dead serious.

We would obviously need scorers around him. But he's a great overall PG to build around IMO.

Last edited:
Can the Rockets sign Howard and then sign Josh Smith if the Rockets do a sign and trade with the Hawks?

No. They still don't have enough space to sign Dwight.. If Dwight says he'll go to Houston they can cut the couple salaries that are not guarantee. But regardless, they'll be at cap with Dwight.

And if they want Josh Smith.. It will cost them AT LEAST Asik & multiple picks.. Hawks probably would go a step further and clean out who ever else Rockets still have.. *They won't take Lin*

Can't blame either side.

great observation :rolleyes

Real laker fans would want the tanking+ free agency plans

I'm a kobe fan and I don't really care if the team is competitive for him or not going forward :rolleyes

Last edited:
Yeah that's just ignorant.

You're only a real laker fan if you're giving up on the 2013-14 season? You're only a true fan if you're okay with losing and being a non playoff team for one year so we can have some damn cap space? We're only Kobe fans because we're not okay with failure for any year?

ORLY!?

Are we the ******g Cavs or Pelicans franchise now? Resorting to purposefully tanking In hopes of lottery balls falling our way? That's what the Laker franchise has come to? Accepting failure? A commitment to losing?

Oh.

Okay guys.
Lets all be okay with losing to prove our fandom! :nthat:

Lets tank it everyone!!! I hope we
Go 0-82!!! I'll be a proud Laker fan.

:rolleyes gimme a break

Last edited:

Can't blame either side.

I can only speak for myself but I'm not even thinking about Kobe. He's 35 on his way out and as long as KD and Lebron are healthy Kobe is not winning his 6th.

I'm thinking about where this franchise is going. We'll see how this plan works out...

Yeah that's just ignorant.

You're only a real laker fan if you're giving up on the 2013-14 season? You're only a true fan if you're okay with losing and being a non playoff team for one year so we can have some damn cap space? We're only Kobe fans because we're not okay with failure for any year?

ORLY!?

Are we the ******g Cavs or Pelicans franchise now? Resorting to purposefully tanking In hopes of lottery balls falling our way? That's what the Laker franchise has come to? Accepting failure? A commitment to losing?

Oh.

Okay guys.
Lets all be okay with losing to prove our fandom! :nthat:

Lets tank it everyone!!! I hope we
Go 0-82!!! I'll be a proud Laker fan.

:rolleyes gimme a break

If Dwight does not sign the best option will be to tank. It will be inevitable anyways. Even if they try they are not going to make the playoffs.

Some dudes here want to get blown out in the first round again for next year. The Lakers have a 1st round pick next year.

It is not really a plan cause there are really no other options. It is what it is.

Yeah, I haven't put in for tanking either. :lol:

But IF things don't go well and we end up with a decent pick in a great draft, *shrugs*

I'm obviously hoping Dwight stays, we make another run at it, hopefully healthier, then enter 2014 with 1 cornerstone piece to build around.

Let that goofy ***** walk. Team will be bad next year....makes no difference if you want it or not. We ain't winning with this current roster.

Of course we won't be the favorites but I really think the west is up for grabs, can't see a team running away with it.

Durant made it to one finals and now he's penciled in for the next 5 yrs, I'm not convinced that the Thunder will be a powerhouse.

Can we get to the all star break at least before we give up on the season ?

Dave McMenamin ‏@mcten 3m
If the Lakers were to match the $4.5 mill Earl Clark got from CLE, it would cost them roughly $11.3 mill w/ taxes to keep him. Too steep

I can understand now

Either way we not going to do ishhh next season if we still got D'Antoni with Dwight or not. The West way too deep i really feel bad for Kobe cause Jerry *** up his chance to get a 6th Chip basically tank this coming season...the hopes of getting Bron in 2014 is like trying to find water in the desert.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom