[::OFFSEASON OVER. Lock Please.::]

Which New Laker Acquisition Will Shine The Most This Upcoming Season?

• Jordan Farmar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nick Young

• Chris Kaman

• Elias Harris

• Wesley Johnson

• Ryan Kelly

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Kobe is playing 2 more years.
2. We likely still make the playoffs next year without Dwight. Just squeak in, or fall a game out of the playoffs.
3. It would take us years to build through the draft. The next 5 years we have 2 1st round picks. And no assets to trade for Picks.

So letting Dwight go, you're waiting for a long long long "rebuild"
he's off the books in 12 months

and likely wont be back till christmas

i think pau becomes a big asset now that he's a expiring contract but a double double guy if given starter minutes

not so long ago people where clowning the magic for letting dwight go for so cheap

but realistically if dwight leaves us

dwight leaves lakers

iguodala hits the open market by opting out of his player option

bynum misses entire season

magic got a 13 and 12 guy in nikola vucevic who at 22 is already

one of the most promising big men , moe harklass and affalo

we can have the best of both worlds because at the end of the day

we can attract free agents over almost any other team

we only REALLY have to suck 1 year ,

part of me just doesnt want to realize dwight isnt the guy year 2 of his 5 year 118

million dollar deal

now if we can something crazy for pau then im down to go to 

war with whatever we have....

if the bulls thing jimmy butler can play dengs role

then i would go to war with deng,kobe,dwight

Last edited:
Having Dwight Howard and being the Lakers attracts a hell of a lot more Free Agents than having no one and being the Lakers.

WE NEED A POINT GUARD. OK?! we are not going anywhere with steve nash. he is OLD in a young man's league/game. he cant even dunk, so no, he is not athletic for 6'4''. steve blake is too scrawny. hes going to be a victim. and darius morris, need i say more? 90% of the time this guy got minutes i would catch myself shaking my head.

now, nash would be ok if we had a good, young, athletic, and hungry point guard like bayless for example.

but who knows, maybe darius will have a break out yr. he looks strong, he is athletic, but he plays too fast and out of control a lot of the times and it pisses me off.

steve blake can shoot. nobody is denying that. but he is fairly inconsistent and too weak to keep up with today's younger, stronger, more explosive guards.

so yeah, we need another point guard.

we need dwight. idk what u guys are smoking but dwight is going to be different, more explosive animal in 13-14. just watch.

get pau back.

we need explosive athleticism.

the fact that kobe is our most explosive player guaranteed to come back is very worrisome

WE NEED A POINT GUARD. OK?! we are not going anywhere with steve nash. he is OLD in a young man's league/game. he cant even dunk, so no, he is not athletic for 6'4''. steve blake is too scrawny. hes going to be a victim. and darius morris, need i say more? 90% of the time this guy got minutes i would catch myself shaking my head.

now, nash would be ok if we had a good, young, athletic, and hungry point guard like bayless for example.

but who knows, maybe darius will have a break out yr. he looks strong, he is athletic, but he plays too fast and out of control a lot of the times and it pisses me off.

steve blake can shoot. nobody is denying that. but he is fairly inconsistent and too weak to keep up with today's younger, stronger, more explosive guards.

so yeah, we need another point guard.
we have 9 million dollars tied into steve nash , it would be best to develop

a young player at this point then to spend another 6 million (if we even have that)

to get a serviceable point gaurd.....bench depth is a concern , youth , speed ....not

to mention nobody can create a shot on that roster till kobe can comes back

Last edited:
do you think that the lakers saying "we arent doing any sign and trade"

means......"make me an offer i cant refuse" aka blake griffin or parsons+robinson+1st rounder

do you think that the lakers saying "we arent doing any sign and trade"
means......"make me an offer i cant refuse" aka blake griffin or parsons+robinson+1st rounder

No. I think it means what it says.. We won't take $20mil of **** we don't want.

It's $35mil in luxury tax savings if Dwight were to leave. They won't waste $55 mil (Salary + Tax) for a team that can't contend and hurts flexibility going forward.

No. I think it means what it says.. We won't take $20mil of **** we don't want.

It's $35mil in luxury tax savings if Dwight were to leave. They won't waste $55 mil (Salary + Tax) for a team that can't contend and hurts flexibility going forward.
another thing to note , isn't chris paul + blake griffin the poor mans kobe + dwight

alpha guard , relentless leader +goofy athletic go lucky freak of nature with no offensive moves put to memory

common sense that would end in disaster

people forget how demanding chris paul is of his teammates 

Woj just tweeted a #WojBomb Lakers would decline a Griffin & Bledsoe S&T for Dwight.
roll.gif
indifferent.gif

blake is due 20 towards the end of his contract , he's yet

to establish a game worthy of 20 million dollars a year

but thats as good of a sign and trade value as your going to

see , your usually lucky to get a first rounder

also where would they hope to flip deandre?

@WojYahooNBA13m Lakers have fully resisted Clippers overtures on a sign-and-trade for Dwight Howard. "They will never do it," source with knowledge tells Y!

Last edited:
Bledsoe AND Blake for D12.... that's probably the best S&T the Lakers could get for Dwight :lol: would be crazy if it happened

The list of complaints about Dwight by many on NT Lakers..

1. He smiles and jokes too much
2. He isn't serious about winning
3. No offensive game
4. No post up moves

Tell me which one of those Blake Griffin doesn't fill. Then add he doesn't play great defense..

Yet oh yeah let's have Blake Griffin..

Last edited:
The list of complaints about Dwight by many on NT Lakers..

1. He smiles and jokes too much
2. He isn't serious about winning
3. No offensive game
4. No post up moves

Tell me which one of those Blake Griffin doesn't fill. Then add he doesn't play great defense..

Yet oh yeah let's have Blake Griffin..
give me the one that rebounds

at the end of the day i speak hyperbole about dwight but he's still the rebound champ with a bad back and a elite shot blocker

on his worse day...

Lakers would never.

I applaud the Cippers for trying to make some noise, they're letting the shots fire so Chris Paul stays. Desperation. It's similar to what the Nets did to resign Deron Williams.

do 2nd time offenders pay 4 dollars on every dollar over the luxury tax?

this question is clearly for essentials 
laugh.gif

im not sure if i heard it right

@mcten
How much dialogue have the Lakers had with Dwight and his representatives since exit interviews in May? "A LOT," texted a league source

Arash Markazi ‏@ArashMarkazi
Sources tell me the Lakers are planning a full court press to keep Dwight Howard. They still expect to re-sign him.

Bledsoe-Nash
Kobe-Blake-Meeks
Artest-
Griffin-Clark
Pau-Jordan

Fill 2 spots, maybe clip Ron. I don't have the money #'s in front of me. But tanking isn't really an option, if Dwight wants out, these would be the youngest/fastest pieces we'd have added in years.

Blake would need to quit with the flopping tho. Hate that ****.

offensively blake pau would work way better than what we had this year, blake being a good passer and pau getting to play center again

I'd love to have Bledsoe man :/

that Is definitely an offer I'd at least consider, by far the best VALUE, give Blake a shot and if it doesn't work he's a serious trade piece

They won't do it

1. It saves them $55mil by taking nothing back
2. They can waive Nash for stretch provision and go into 2014 with $3.1mil of cap tied up.

There's been numerous tweets that the FO will let the bottom fall out if Dwight leaves because the team will not contend without Dwight and there's no purpose of trying to make it to and cause tens of millions of wasted dollars. Lakers have no problem spending money, but they won't do something that wastes money in their long term plans.

Give me Dwight any day of the week over those 2.

Last edited:
They won't do it

1. It saves them $55mil by taking nothing back
2. They can waive Nash for stretch provision and go into 2014 with $3.1mil of cap tied up.

There's been numerous tweets that the FO will let the bottom fall out if Dwight leaves because the team will not contend without Dwight and there's no purpose of trying to make it to and cause tens of millions of wasted dollars. Lakers have no problem spending money, but they won't do something that wastes money in their long term plans.

Give me Dwight any day of the week over those 2.
doesnt the stretch provision apply to players with one year left? i think nash may have 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom