OG Nike Air Burst 2008 Retro

From KixAndTheCity.com:
nikeairmaxburst1oi2.jpg
With Nike retroing the Air Max Light, the Air Stab, the Air Huarache Runner, and the Structure Triax in 2007, 2008 will usher in the re-retro of the Nike Air Burst. Last retroed a couple of years back ("Navigation" Pack Bursts, "Crepe" Bursts, and "Shady" Bursts), the Air Burst, named for its aesthetically "bursting" Air Bubble, is set to return early 2008 in its OG Grey/Black/White/Red colorway.
Tiger_Woods_Biography_2.jpg

The only way I would give a Tiger first pump right now is if they had the OG size air bubble...

and they don't.

Not even close.

Originally Posted by blco02

The only way I would give a Tiger first pump right now is if they had the OG size air bubble...

and they don't.

Not even close.
True but Im still kind of excited over the release

I never liked Air Bursts, but it's nice that Nike is keeping it simple for once. Now let's try this with some AM Lights.

Wow...I'm not usually one to complain but that air bubble is microscopic compared to the OG's. The air bubble is what I liked most about the OGBursts...oh well

the bubble is small, but ive been waiting for another air burst to come out now for years so.......cant wait

and they don't.

Not even close.

Looks like someone didn't read the long post about the new retro air bubbles a while back. If I recall, u will be glad that the air bubble is smaller,won't crack and wear out that easily over time.

But, I'm startin to like a lot of the running shoes that are comin out and being retroed as of recently. I've always been a J's, Forces, andBo's fan but I can honestly say that I may have to cop these for me and the youngster

I would prefer a larger bubble, but what I'm really excited about is A) solid color blocking and B) mesh. Those two take a front seat to a larger bubble inmy book. And wishing for a larger bubble appears to be like wishing for nickel beer night -- it's not coming back.

Looks like someone didn't read the long post about the new retro air bubbles a while back. If I recall, u will be glad that the air bubble is smaller, won't crack and wear out that easily over time.
The the problem with the new air bubbles the name Air Max is kind of discredited because it really looks like Air Minimum...and that's what Idon't like about them

Originally Posted by tjshorty15

Looks like someone didn't read the long post about the new retro air bubbles a while back. If I recall, u will be glad that the air bubble is smaller, won't crack and wear out that easily over time.
The the problem with the new air bubbles the name Air Max is kind of discredited because it really looks like Air Minimum...and that's what I don't like about them

I couldnt agree more. They should change the name, because none of the recent shoes deserve to be called Air Max. I like that, Air Minimum. lol. Send that to Nike.

With some of the colorways and use of materials coming out lately, a small air bubble is the least of my problems.

It starts like this, I say "Wow, those look pretty good. I'll cop". Then it happens. They are only released in EU. So please nike, quitplaying with my emotions and hit off the US with some basic joints.
*Maybe I don't need to cop any Nike Phoenixs, yet.

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but I feel like I would be hard pressed to find a time in the last 10 years I couldn't walk into Foot Locker and buy a pr of AirBursts off the shelf. They were dope in the late 90s, before they ruined the bubble by putting it on bebby air max 95s and all those gross huarache bursts.

Shout out to Andy Hely.

Originally Posted by tjshorty15

The the problem with the new air bubbles the name Air Max is kind of discredited because it really looks like Air Minimum...and that's what I don't like about them

laugh.gif
True. Buuuuut, I can't deny how clean this colorway is. I'll gladly pick up a pair. Hopefully some more basic colorways drop, too.

Originally Posted by ddot7

I never liked Air Bursts, but it's nice that Nike is keeping it simple for once. Now let's try this with some AM Lights.
yeah never was that big a fan of em, but nice nonetheless.

Back
Top Bottom