OG Nike Air Burst 2008 Retro

Yeah, the smaller bubble SUCKS. But I'd gladly cop a pair or two in an OG colorway. On the sales racks, of course.

burst1.jpg

http://www.shoepirates.com/NikeMiscBig/NikeAirBurstStorm.JPG
Question for yall. when did these come out originially? and when did some of the retros come out? lastly, when did nike start with the smaller air bubbles intheir shoes? Just now in 2007???

I don't think the bubble looks as small as people are making it out to be. It's smaller, yes, but damn, it's still there, and it's not the onlypart of the shoe. I never had these when I was young so I guess I'm not as jaded. I dig 'em, smaller bubble or not.

^Thank you. The air unit is still there, but c'mon shoeheads, Nike won't bring the larger air unit back anytime soon. So, if you want to boycott onthis fact alone, fine. But, it 1) has a nice, simple colourway, 2) a still decent sized air unit you can see, and 3) a mesh toe box (something NT'ers havebeen beefing about forever). If you cop b/c you dig the shoe and colourway, then go for it. But to act borderline militant and say you won't cop, letalone won't stand for it, just because the air unit is "smaller" (let's face it, you can still see it), then maybe you shouldn't buy.

For the inquiry re. sizing: I'm usually a 9.5 in J's and Nike b-ball shoes, a 10 in Air Maxes. I copped a 10.5 and they fit totally fine. I changedup the insole to a thicker one to make them fit better. So, don't hesitate to go a .5 size up from your normal Air Max size.

Peace,
F Sharp005

Originally Posted by derekdru

Originally Posted by JorPun662

Man, I remember having these kicks back in high school. It was the first time I copped a pair of Air Max's instead of Jordans. I had these in a green/white/black colorway and the air pocket was green fading into gold, hella sick. The air pocket was twice the size of this piece of crap though, %*%, might as well name it another shoe, cuz that thing is far from "BURST-ing"!!!

Not my pic:
eb97ig.jpg

Mmmmm look at that bubble.

pimp.gif

Man, mad props on finding these. You just took me down memorylane, those were one of my favorite shoes. I remember walking down the halls at my high school and having different dudes and chicks coming up to me who Ididn't even know and would complement my kicks. It was my third most jocked shoe in high school history.

Originally Posted by F Sharp005

^Thank you. The air unit is still there, but c'mon shoeheads, Nike won't bring the larger air unit back anytime soon. So, if you want to boycott on this fact alone, fine. But, it 1) has a nice, simple colourway, 2) a still decent sized air unit you can see, and 3) a mesh toe box (something NT'ers have been beefing about forever). If you cop b/c you dig the shoe and colourway, then go for it. But to act borderline militant and say you won't cop, let alone won't stand for it, just because the air unit is "smaller" (let's face it, you can still see it), then maybe you shouldn't buy.

For the inquiry re. sizing: I'm usually a 9.5 in J's and Nike b-ball shoes, a 10 in Air Maxes. I copped a 10.5 and they fit totally fine. I changed up the insole to a thicker one to make them fit better. So, don't hesitate to go a .5 size up from your normal Air Max size.

Peace,
F Sharp005

What's up F Sharp,

I'm new to posting on this forum but I've been lurking for a lil bit. Not really hating on the shoe, the Air Burst was lovely back when I was ayoung'n, I graduated high school back in 96. Just hating on the fact that the shoe was named the Air Burst because that was one of the biggest air unitsback in the day, the biggest up till then on an Air Max shoe so it was appropriately named. I recently got myself into the retro game after walking in themall one day and seeing the Penny 1's and the Air Force Max's(Fab 5's), two shoes I passed up on in high school when I was a super Jordan head. Even on those shoes the air unit had gotten smaller, but I didn't hate, I mean I still bought both of them. Just pissed that this shoe shouldn't becalled the Air Burst because that thing looks like it's far from bursting.

^I can understand people's disappointment with the size of the air unit on AM nowadays. But let's face it, it's probably the least of an Air Maxfreak's problem, with paint chipping and Nike using inferior quality materials also being the culprits. What I don't understand is how this one singledetail makes the shoe, for some, completely non-coppable. It's as if the rest of the shoe isn't hot.

Peace
F Sharp005

Originally Posted by illphillip

So I guess if you guys aren't complaining about the mesh, you're going to cry about the air bubbles now?

Big or small bubble. It's still a NICE sneaker. Why are y'all trippin'?

Some of you guys take your sneakers, almost, TOO SERIOUSLY. Me personally, I can geek out but so much......

word!!! I could care less about the big or small air bubble.....I mean to me, its all about appreciating classic/og colorways on a retro that nike puts out.....if I found older pairs in my size then great, but until then i'll stick with what's given to me until I find older pairs

by the way, i'm liking these
smile.gif

I'll definately have to get a pair. I saw the white/black pair in the store and the bubble doesn't really bother me. They're smaller, but oh well.

I ordered the black and whites off eastbay for a total of $65 and they should be here today. Can't wait to walk around in these. I need more air sole in mydaily routine.

that air bubble is not even that different at ALL... i'm older i copped all these shoes back in the day. don't let these new 'traditional'anti-everything people bitter you on everything

Yeah I got these in yesterday, and while I can't say I ever had these when I was 13, I can definitely tell they're not that different from the picturesof the OG's I've seen. Not only that, but the quality and construction of this shoe is better than the majority of Nike kicks I've purchased in thelast year. They are solid, fit perfectly, the mesh is really nice, and there are no imperfections on them whatsoever. These are great, I'm really glad Igot them.

Both colorways are awesome soon as I see any pair they are copped yeah I noticed the difference in the Air Unit but, I definetly can look pass that on thisshoe. Not that big of a deal.

so... where is everyone getting theirs again? if anyone could PM me websites, would be much appreciated
wink.gif

Do these fit true to size?

As soon as I spot a pair of the OG colorway I'm copping them.

Back
Top Bottom