OG NIKE AIR JORDAN CONCORDS FTPS + SIGNATURE LEGIT CHECK + PRICE CHECK

This might be helpful, not sure where in NY you are but i had a cousin in New Jersey that got some jeter sigs checked out by these guys

http://www.spenceloa.com/our_experts.asp .... by the way i cant describe how jealous i am of your pick up haha, thats a once in a lifetime!
The following upcoming post is directly related to this. Thanks alot again!
happy.gif
happy.gif

happy.gif

So as i get more and more overwhelming inquiries and offers the phone, over emails and private messages throughout the days since i first posted these on Sole collector and on Niketalk. I kept telling buyers that i didn't want to sell them yet- that i haven't yet decided what i would do with these UNTIL i get them authentica​ted... I just had to know!!!!

Anyway, to make the long story short 48 hours ago (Weds Morning) morning i woke up and i decided no matter how much it would cost me, where i had to travel to, i had to get the monkey off my back and get the legit word from a recognizable expert on the subject. So i do more research on which sports authorizat​ion agencies are the most reputable legitimized respected ones- i gathered a few phone numbers from agencies and high end memorabilia auction houses around the country. I spoke to a few people- some were assitants and secretaries who had no idea what they were talking about, and some obviously really know their Sh*t. To make the long story short i ended up finding out that although there were tons of agencies out there...there are only 3 Top notch reputable well respected ones besides the big names Pre-certified companys: (UDA Upper Deck Authentication, Steiner Sports, Tristar Productions, and Mounted Memories).

These 3 Agencies are:

1.JSA (James Spence Authentication)

2. PSA/DNA

3. Global Authentics LLC

It so happens that these are so well respected that they are the only 3 agencies in which Certificates of authenticity are approved & pledge by eBay to provide integrity and unbias decision making on authenticating signatures. 

So here i was contacting to see where their offices were located so i can go take it to them ASAP. Unfortunately, i found out that they were far away from NYC. PSA/DNA was based in CA, JSA based in Fort Lauderdale, FL and i forgot where the other one was based on... but definately out of my reach.

So they told me i can do it over the mail and send in the item. My response: THERE WAS NOOOOO WAY IN HELL MAN! I'LL  TAKE THEM PERSONALLY IF I HAVE TO FLIGHT ACCROSS THE COUNTRY MYSELF...LOL thats when i was told that these agencies do what they call "special events and apperances". This is when they schedule for some of their top authenticators accross the country on different dates so that collectors can bring their autographed sports memorabilia items and they can verify the authenticity in person for a nominal fee (Depending on the item size, person's signature, item age, etc.)

So here i was planning a trip to MA because i found out PSA/DNA will be there next weekend. BUT then... out of the blue someone who called me back at RR Auction high end auction house told me that a top authenticator from JSA (James Spence Authentication) was in the city that same day. They were making an apperance at a local small trading card sports collectible shop @ Staten Island. So i called the shop ... they put me on hold for about 2-3 minutes. Guess who anwers back? Not just any Top JSA Authenticator but James Spence himself was there. He said he was going to be there till 8PM- He told me he would evaluate both signatures on both the sneakers for $200. So i called my Boy AL (my brother from another mother) and asked him if he could come with me for the drive down there...

So we get there... as the anticipation builts i hand over the sneaker to the secretary she asks James to come up front and asks him who's signature is this? Without hesitantion he quickly grabs the sneakers and says: "Michael Jordan"... So he takes about an hour does all this weird stuff measurements, takes pics, makes some phone calls, looks at databases, emails some stuff, makes more phone calls talks about  etc. etc. He comes out and says: "Congratulations you found a mini gold mine... these are amazing... these check out. did you really get these at a Flea Market? Where do we put the stickers?...." aS HE HANDED ME BOTH COA CERTIFICATES OF AUTHENTICITY ONE FOR EACH SIGNATURE ON EACH SHOE.

OMG SOMEBODY PINCH ME JAMES SPENCE THE CREATOR OFJSA HIMSELF ONE OF THE TOP AUTHENTICATORS IN THE COUNTRY HIMSELF PERSONALLY CONGRATULATED -SHOOK HANDS  ON A 

ON AN OG 1995 FTPS PLAYER SAMPLE NIKE AIR JORDAN 11 CONCORD AUTOGRAPHED BY THE MAN THE LEGEND GREATEST BASKETBAL PLAYER OF ALL TIME MJ

eek.gif

eek.gif

eek.gif

eek.gif

eek.gif

eek.gif

eek.gif

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

MORE PICS COMING SOON... STAY TUNED

thats awesome to hear man, if i were you i wouldnt even sell those unless you really needed to for some emergency or something.

im jelly

Haha same I'm jealous! Amazing find, congratulations, and please keep up posted on what you decide to do with em!

woww after all this time cool story ever heard :smokin congratz mate!!! but really that expensive just for authentification ? $200 bucks for each or both?

Well first thing i did was order a Sneaker Display Acrylic case to protect the sneakers and the signature against moist, air and Heat. So they can be well preserved as i will decide to keep them for now. Unless offer prices are right i wouldn't let these go- so that being said i might just hold them for a while... 
nthat.gif

Last edited:
woww after all this time cool story ever heard
smokin.gif
congratz mate!!! but really that expensive just for authentification ? $200 bucks for each or both?
It was suppose to Be $150 for each Shoe but James Spence the creator and founder of JSA Authenticators was nice enough to do them both for $200; ($100 each). 

I guess he was as enthusiastic as i was about finding out whether the signatures would check out as legit- as it so happens they are.

Last edited:
You need to post these in the player exclusive post in the sneaker showcase. There are lots of people in that post with stuff like this.

I know a ill about pairs like this and I would say if you were offered anything over $5k I would take it ASAP! It becomes very easy to fall in love with stuff like this when you find it like you did and place a crazy price. Also just remember people may be asking for $15k but they are only worth what someone is willing to pay.

So I have decided to contact Julien's auction and maybe i'll send these in for Los Angeles Lakers own basketball legend Elgin May 30 NBA Memorabilia  Weekend. What you guys think?

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - [color= rgb(54, 99, 136)]Hall of Fame basketball player Elgin Baylor[/color]'s [color= rgb(54, 99, 136)]championship ring[/color], warm-up suit and other personal items will be auctioned in May in Beverly Hills, Julien's Auctions said on Wednesday.

Baylor, 78, who was named as one of the [color= rgb(54, 99, 136)]NBA[/color]'s 50 greatest players, will auction off the 1971-72 [color= rgb(54, 99, 136)]NBA Championship ring[/color]  he earned as a member of the [color= rgb(54, 99, 136)]Los Angeles Lakers[/color]  as well as items from his high school and college days.

The championship ring is expected to fetch between $40,000 and $60,000 while a worn Lakers warm-up suit is estimated at $10,000 - $15,000 at the May 31 auction.

It will be the first time Baylor's items will be available at auction.

Nicknamed "the rabbit" for his speed and leaping ability, Baylor was drafted by the Minneapolis Lakers as the top overall pick in the 1958 NBA Draft.

Baylor retired during the 1971-72 season, during which the Los Angeles Lakers went on to win a record 33 consecutive games and the [color= rgb(54, 99, 136)]NBA championship[/color]. He later served as a coach for the New Orleans Jazz and general manager for the Los Angeles Clippers.

Other items to be auctioned include a 14-karat gold NBA  "lifetime pass" presented to Baylor upon his retirement ($1,000-$2,000) and game shorts from Baylor's rookie season, embroidered with the number 14.

Baylor later switched to the number 22, which has since been retired by the Lakers.

(Reporting by Eric Kelsey, editing by Jill Serjeant and Jackie Frank)

So what you guys think? Should i take the Sports Expert's advice and take his word for it- that if i put my signed pair of concord jordans into this auction- i will get most money for my item due to the exposure of high end sport memorabilia connoisseur during this auction. 

honestly speaking i don't want to let this go for a price not worth letting it go for. you know what i am saying? he says estimated auction price will be at least ranging from $6,000-10,000.

honestly, i wouldn't sell them.

what would you spend the money on, anyways?

do you need the money?

honestly, when this dude dies, these will be worth so much more...

i don't see why people sell stuff like this, unless they really need to... but a lot of times, they end up blowing the money they make on some BS imo...

guess it's down to what you value the most, but i would rather have something so rare and cool like this, and just sit on it, than a big down payment on a car, vacation, or whatever else...

Wow you just made me reconsider letting these go. I figure if i can sell these for at least $5,000 in hopes of reaching maybe even  $10,000-$15,000 on it  i would use the money to reinvest in a few items other than vacation or buying a car. but coming to think of it i can save this for a couple more years and the market will definitely reward me maybe 10 years down the line these i can go for at least double of what i may get today.

Anyone else wants to add to the mix? What would you say these may be worth for a high end collectible out there i've been told various estimates from low ball offers ranging from $1,500 to $15,000. But what would you say its currently worth and what woud you say may be worth in 10 years... 20 years... 30 years? 
happy.gif

Back
Top Bottom