OG NIKE AIR JORDAN CONCORDS FTPS + SIGNATURE LEGIT CHECK + PRICE CHECK

Any sport memorabilia or high end sneaker collector or connoisseur opinions are welcome. Coming to think of it these look really nice next to my Golden moment package. framed in an glass acrylic case. 
happy.gif

Last edited:
it just depends on what you would spend the money on...

it just seems like some people can't stand having something they know is worth money, they gotta have the money right away... but what do they spend the money on? usually not on something as cool or worth as much, something that will be worth more down the road, in fact, the money is usually spent on BS...

these aren't gonna decrease in value, they're only gonna go up...

so unless you have something you need the money for right now, or something you want the money for MORE right now, i don't see the point in selling.

it's a sample pair of OG concords, the shoe he wore when he came out of retirement, possibly game worn, and signed by the greatest to ever do it, who is one of, if not thee most famous living man on the planet.

and again, it's not gonna go down in value, only up, so why sell?

Wow you just made me reconsider letting these go. I figure if i can sell these for at least $5,000 in hopes of reaching maybe even  $10,000-$15,000 on it  i would use the money to reinvest in a few items other than vacation or buying a car. but coming to think of it i can save this for a couple more years and the market will definitely reward me maybe 10 years down the line these i can go for at least double of what i may get today.

I think 10 - 15K is way out of the ballpark, personally. Have you actually got a legit offer of 5 yet, from somebody who you can verify is in a place to make that kind of offer? They're also not exactly in immaculate condition... though that is no fault of your own.

In terms of selling, you're also not helping yourself with how you are handling this on NT. Essentially any of the big PE collectors on the forum know - if they've been following the thread - that you don't really have a great handle on what they are worth. ...So, what kind of offers would you give to somebody who exudes the sentiment that he doesn't really know the value of his item? I'd suggest trying to approach one of the elite collectors on this board, befriend him, be very courteous, and take the convo to PM. These guys know better than anybody what something like this will probably fetch because they are among the small, rather insular and incestuous circle who actually buy these things. That's also why the super high end market doesn't necessarily behave the same way the regular market does - there isn't the constant influx of new players on that scene to drastically change the market from one day to the next.

I'm also not certain that the SNEAKER market will reward you substantially more in 10 years, etc. The sneaker community is in a bubble right now, and it won't last forever. PEs that used to sell for $300 only 5 - 7 years ago are now fetching 4 and 5 times that. This doesn't strike me as sustainable, long-term. But, that's only a small portion of the market for his anyway. Items like this are really at least as much sports memorabilia as they are sneaker collectibles.

As Proto said, a lot of it comes down to whether you need the money. If you're trying to buy a house or apartment or something - sell them. If the likely auction price represents 50% of the amount currently in your savings account - sell them.

I'm a little worried about your comment that you would plan to "invest in other things?" What kind of other things are you talking about? ...And, I'd rather you tell me slabs of raw than say other sneakers.

^ yeah, i would say the sports memorabilia market is more his target here... hardcore jordan sneaker enthusiasts may bite at a high price, but not likely as high as the sports memorabilia crowd...

proving they're game worn is gonna push their value up even more with that crowd.

me personally, i'd hold onto them until MJ dies... and even then it'd be hard to let go of them, but that'd be the time, if you want the money, and the most money possible.

after authenticating the autographs, you've only got a lil' over a couple hundred invested in these, so again, why sell? sit on 'em, put 'em in a case, and enjoy having something that cool.

^ yeah, i would say the sports memorabilia market is more his target here... hardcore jordan sneaker enthusiasts may bite at a high price, but not likely as high as the sports memorabilia crowd...

proving they're game worn is gonna push their value up even more with that crowd.

me personally, i'd hold onto them until MJ dies... and even then it'd be hard to let go of them, but that'd be the time, if you want the money, and the most money possible.

after authenticating the autographs, you've only got a lil' over a couple hundred invested in these, so again, why sell? sit on 'em, put 'em in a case, and enjoy having something that cool.

I think holding on to them is a fine course of action as well.

I don't know dude's situation though. So, I can see an argument either way.

• You haven't actually spent much out of pocket here, so no need to rush to flip - reasonable.
  • You won the lotto - go cash the darn ticket already - also reasonable

I'm not trying to tell him what to do, but rather to give him information - or the tools to get the information - that would allow him to make a well-informed decision. ...That doesn't guarantee the decision he makes will be correct in the eyes of anybody other than him.

If you are really considering long term investmenst, there are tons of other variables to consider. For one, money today is always worth more than money tomorrow (generally speaking). So, let's take a long term view and look at 20 years - turn the clock back to 1993. Adjusting for inflation - you would need almost $1600 today to equal the purchasing power of $1000 in 1993. Therefore, if you had a chance to sell something for $1000 in 1993 and held out so it could "increase in value" and then sold it today for $1500, you would have lost money.

Then, there's the question of opportunity cost. If you have, say arbitrarily, $5,000 tied up in these sneakers, where else could that money be? What if you invested it in a standard money market account, etc? What is the expected rate of return over time on those kinds of investments. ...There's really a lot to consider.

It doesn't necessarily matter to me if a shoe that is worth $4K today is worth 2.5K or 6K 10 years from now, when I decide to sell it. Two grand isn't going to change my life in any measurable way. But, that goes back to not knowing dude's situation.

it just depends on what you would spend the money on...

it just seems like some people can't stand having something they know is worth money, they gotta have the money right away... but what do they spend the money on? usually not on something as cool or worth as much, something that will be worth more down the road, in fact, the money is usually spent on BS...

these aren't gonna decrease in value, they're only gonna go up...

so unless you have something you need the money for right now, or something you want the money for MORE right now, i don't see the point in selling.

it's a sample pair of OG concords, the shoe he wore when he came out of retirement, possibly game worn, and signed by the greatest to ever do it, who is one of, if not thee most famous living man on the planet.

and again, it's not gonna go down in value, only up, so why sell?
Great point man. I just though i can reinvest that money in something (NOT SURE YET) but then i shouldn't sell. I have convinced myself not to do it and to hold on to these. 
happy.gif

smokin.gif
 SOUNDS LIKE A SOLID COOL PLAN 
smokin.gif
 THANKS FOR THAT ADVISE. SIR THAT IS JUST SOMETHING ONE SHOULD HOLD ONTO... THE VALUE OF DR JAYS AUTOGRAPHED GAME WORN ITEMS GO IN THE AT LEAST $25 K + PRICE AT TOP AUCTION HOUSES. SO BEING THAT I CAN GET ABOUT $5K-$10L FOR THESE NOW IN ABOUT 20-30 YEARS THESE CAN BE POSSIBLY WORTH ALOOOOOOT MORE I MEAN WE'RE TALKING BEST BASKETBALL PLAYER OF ALL TIME AND THE HIGHLY SOUGHT AFTER IF NOT ONE OF THE MOST HIGHLY SOUGHT AFTER SNEAKERS OF ALL TIME. IN FORM OF HIS OWN PLAYER SAMPLE AND POSSIBLY GAME WORN LIKE YOU SAY I'M BETTER OFF SITTING ON THESE... 

Last edited:
I think 10 - 15K is way out of the ballpark, personally. Have you actually got a legit offer of 5 yet, from somebody who you can verify is in a place to make that kind of offer? They're also not exactly in immaculate condition... though that is no fault of your own.

In terms of selling, you're also not helping yourself with how you are handling this on NT. Essentially any of the big PE collectors on the forum know - if they've been following the thread - that you don't really have a great handle on what they are worth. ...So, what kind of offers would you give to somebody who exudes the sentiment that he doesn't really know the value of his item? I'd suggest trying to approach one of the elite collectors on this board, befriend him, be very courteous, and take the convo to PM. These guys know better than anybody what something like this will probably fetch because they are among the small, rather insular and incestuous circle who actually buy these things. That's also why the super high end market doesn't necessarily behave the same way the regular market does - there isn't the constant influx of new players on that scene to drastically change the market from one day to the next.

I'm also not certain that the SNEAKER market will reward you substantially more in 10 years, etc. The sneaker community is in a bubble right now, and it won't last forever. PEs that used to sell for $300 only 5 - 7 years ago are now fetching 4 and 5 times that. This doesn't strike me as sustainable, long-term. But, that's only a small portion of the market for his anyway. Items like this are really at least as much sports memorabilia as they are sneaker collectibles.

As Proto said, a lot of it comes down to whether you need the money. If you're trying to buy a house or apartment or something - sell them. If the likely auction price represents 50% of the amount currently in your savings account - sell them.

I'm a little worried about your comment that you would plan to "invest in other things?" What kind of other things are you talking about? ...And, I'd rather you tell me slabs of raw than say other sneakers.
The way i am handling this is exactly what you just said i'm not sure what these would be worth which i why i am here in this forum. Its very difficult to find out what the fair price of these is to a collector because of the condition and because of the small players in the circle of high end collectible like these (as you've mention). YES, you make alot of sense but this is why i am here on Niketalk to reach out to people that may actually help me determine how to handle these...

i am not exactly ashame to admit that i am very inexperienced to the niche of sports memorabilia and high end collectibles like the pair i am currently holding. Also, your stating that i may not exactly get more money 5,10,20 years down the line because the market is the highest as it can go and its currently in a bubble. Well, actually i've met with a high end collector who he holds many exclusive game worn pair autographed by MJ himself, i found him on ************* and happens to live in NYC he gave me an undisclosed cash offer- he told me from his point of view that the memorabilia market has actually gone down alot  in the last few years. therefore if you're looking at the long term picture i may get a better position to cash out of this investment once value on the market picks up again. From my small humble trading forex and stocks experience this market may very well be retracing like any other market does. For example, when a hot pair comes out like a limited edition Package or something the price during the first month or so is instantly higher and probably the highest it'd be in a while (due to demand and hype), after the first month it starts to go lower and lower due to the hype/demand dying out until the price eventually reaches a temporary low... then it sleeps there it can be weeks, months, years until it eventually starts to creep up to the highest levels seen previously and eventually breaking up to new highs. we can see this over and ver again in any market like stock markets, arts, even on over inflated cosignment shops like flight club. Its just market mechanism. 

I think holding on to them is a fine course of action as well.

I don't know dude's situation though. So, I can see an argument either way.
  • You haven't actually spent much out of pocket here, so no need to rush to flip - reasonable.
  •  
  • You won the lotto - go cash the darn ticket already - also reasonable
I'm not trying to tell him what to do, but rather to give him information - or the tools to get the information - that would allow him to make a well-informed decision. ...That doesn't guarantee the decision he makes will be correct in the eyes of anybody other than him.

If you are really considering long term investmenst, there are tons of other variables to consider. For one, money today is always worth more than money tomorrow (generally speaking). So, let's take a long term view and look at 20 years - turn the clock back to 1993. Adjusting for inflation - you would need almost $1600 today to equal the purchasing power of $1000 in 1993. Therefore, if you had a chance to sell something for $1000 in 1993 and held out so it could "increase in value" and then sold it today for $1500, you would have lost money.

Then, there's the question of opportunity cost. If you have, say arbitrarily, $5,000 tied up in these sneakers, where else could that money be? What if you invested it in a standard money market account, etc? What is the expected rate of return over time on those kinds of investments. ...There's really a lot to consider.

It doesn't necessarily matter to me if a shoe that is worth $4K today is worth 2.5K or 6K 10 years from now, when I decide to sell it. Two grand isn't going to change my life in any measurable way. But, that goes back to not knowing dude's situation.
YES that is a great infotmation. I understand that one has to look at inflated adjusted returns over the long run. But like i said I expect to get a positive reward from the market of sports memorabilia niche if i hold on to these for a few more years. besides i will have the enjoyment of owning these and steps up my humble but small collection to new heights of respect. One step closer to the creme de la creme top notch circle of people who collect such highly sought after items. 
happy.gif

Last edited:
i am not exactly ashame to admit that i am very inexperienced to the niche of sports memorabilia and high end collectibles like the pair i am currently holding. Also, your stating that i may not exactly get more money 5,10,20 years down the line because the market is the highest as it can go and its currently in a bubble. Well, actually i've met with a high end collector who he holds many exclusive game worn pair autographed by MJ himself, i found him on ************* and happens to live in NYC he gave me an undisclosed cash offer- he told me from his point of view that the memorabilia market has actually gone down alot  in the last few years. therefore if you're looking at the long term picture i may get a better position to cash out of this investment once value on the market picks up again. From my small humble trading forex and stocks experience this market may very well be retracing like any other market does. For example, when a hot pair comes out like a limited edition Package or something the price during the first month or so is instantly higher and probably the highest it'd be in a while (due to demand and hype), after the first month it starts to go lower and lower due to the hype/demand dying out until the price eventually reaches a temporary low... then it sleeps there it can be weeks, months, years until it eventually starts to creep up to the highest levels seen previously and eventually breaking up to new highs. we can see this over and ver again in any market like stock markets, arts, even on over inflated cosignment shops like flight club. Its just market mechanism. 

I hear you, and I think you are being reasonable, generally speaking. I want to see you do as well for yourself as you can. I'm also not embarrassed to admit that I'm not qualified to appraise this piece.

The insight about the memorabilia market from that one dude is more valuable than most of what you'll get on NT - that's the other reason why I stress you need to be selective about who you ask - bad information is more dangerous than no information. It's interesting too because the memorabilia market and the sneaker market are like a Venn Diagram for pieces like this, and they don't necessarily behave the same way, largely because the demographics of the collectors jumps. Take the top end of the sneaker dudes - say you had one of the 2 or 3 confirmed pairs of OG black/gold 1s, you could sell those and that probably wouldn't even get you a piece of used Babe Ruth chewing gum. So, generally speaking, there's more money in the sports market, but at the same time, there are certain nuances of the sneaker itself that are more appreciated by the sneaker crowd. ...In any high end purchase with a small and not completely defined market, it's about finding the right buyer.

Best of luck regardless.

The thing about the market cycle you mention is generally true; I agree. The question though is whether the highest end of the market follows the same patterns as the rest of the market. A shoe like a Galaxy Foam will change hands many times, therefore allowing these different phases of price to ebb and flow. But, these kinds of items are just involved in many fewer transactions and they are rarely done in public, so it's much harder to establish. The rarer something is, the wider the range of perceived value... so it goes back to finding the right buyer as much as picking the right time. The right buyer at the wrong time could do you better than the wrong buyer at the right time, and vice versa.

The good thing is that no matter what happens, you can't lose. The only question is how big do you win.

dude that is the luckiest day of your life! it's like MJs shoes was meant to find you. good cop!! it's even more amazing that BOTH are signed! 2 autographs. i would think that would make them worth more but idk awesome pickup! i got an authentic signed michael jordan alternate jersey for 200 bucks once but this takes the cake!

I agree with BIP Roberts. You may be riding an emotional surge right now, but don't do anything rash. Breeeeeeathe and give it some time. You hit the lottery bro, but a lottery with an escalating jackpot value the longer you hold the ticket. As far as "reinvesting" goes, I believe you have a product that is resistant to the uncertainties of a volatile market. It's its own investment. Allow it to appreciate in value as others have said. It's MJ and it's also one of the more popular shoes in the Jordan lineage. Not to sound macabre, but when Mike Jack died I saw copies of Thriller selling for over $800. And those weren't even autographed or even special editions for that matter. Just the regular, standard-issue vinyl 12-inch LP. NOTE: Not that I'm looking forward to his Airness' demise. Far from it...but you get the point. Or give it to your kids, if or when you have any. You have a great story! Protect them and store them properly. And whatever you do, DON'T CONTACT ANY MEDIA ABOUT THIS. It's tantamount to putting a target on your back. Stay low-key with this. You already have the co-sign on the legitimacy. I wish you the best. Hold on to them as long as possible IMO. Almost act as if you DIDN'T find them.

dude that is the luckiest day of your life! it's like MJs shoes was meant to find you. good cop!! it's even more amazing that BOTH are signed! 2 autographs. i would think that would make them worth more but idk awesome pickup! i got an authentic signed michael jordan alternate jersey for 200 bucks once but this takes the cake!
LOL. Yes thank you very much, yes having signatures on both actually determines a bigger worth estimate.

I agree with BIP Roberts. You may be riding an emotional surge right now, but don't do anything rash. Breeeeeeathe and give it some time. You hit the lottery bro, but a lottery with an escalating jackpot value the longer you hold the ticket. As far as "reinvesting" goes, I believe you have a product that is resistant to the uncertainties of a volatile market. It's its own investment. Allow it to appreciate in value as others have said. It's MJ and it's also one of the more popular shoes in the Jordan lineage. Not to sound macabre, but when Mike Jack died I saw copies of Thriller selling for over $800. And those weren't even autographed or even special editions for that matter. Just the regular, standard-issue vinyl 12-inch LP. NOTE: Not that I'm looking forward to his Airness' demise. Far from it...but you get the point. Or give it to your kids, if or when you have any. You have a great story! Protect them and store them properly. And whatever you do, DON'T CONTACT ANY MEDIA ABOUT THIS. It's tantamount to putting a target on your back. Stay low-key with this. You already have the co-sign on the legitimacy. I wish you the best. Hold on to them as long as possible IMO. Almost act as if you DIDN'T find them.
THanks for the advice.

I loved/love MJ as a basketball player and a person. Finding something like this is priceless to me. I would keep those Concords and pass them down to my son in the future. This is a once in a lifetime pickup brody, its your choice at the end of the day. The skill, drive, and execution that MJ had was embodied by these Concords man. He was at the height of his game with arguably the best basketball team ever assembled in NBA history. 72-10 bruh bruh. At the end of the day its your call........ 
wink.gif

I loved/love MJ as a basketball player and a person. Finding something like this is priceless to me. I would keep those Concords and pass them down to my son in the future. This is a once in a lifetime pickup brody, its your choice at the end of the day. The skill, drive, and execution that MJ had was embodied by these Concords man. He was at the height of his game with arguably the best basketball team ever assembled in NBA history. 72-10 bruh bruh. At the end of the day its your call........ 
wink.gif
happy.gif
 Definately MJ's Blueprint will forever leave a Mark in Basketball history, and in sports history in general for that matter. Holding on to this pair seems like the right thing to do which is what i will intend to do. 

Back
Top Bottom