OG Nike Air Jordan III Retro True Blue BLACK FRIDAY '16

These are growing on me to the point where I thought about passing on the space jams for these :frown:

And y'all think people are mad about the red og tongue, just guess how many will freak out when the remastered powder blue 9s don't have jumpmans on the back like the og

Last edited:
What's so bad about these when you compare them side by side with your OG's? I mean, you do have the OG's right? You aren't just boycotting these because of comparison pics on the net of a 28 year old shoe right?

I'm trying real hard to take this comment seriously and I just can't do it. I really hope you're either trolling or Michael Jordan.

Last edited:
Pretty sure JB will fix the mold/intricacies if they are actually aware of it, even as quick as a year. 2014 black/white 1 to 2015 Chicagos or 2015 Columbia IV to 2016 White Cement IV

The best example would be the hare7 vs bordeauxs. They were a couple months apart.

Columbias were never meant to have the og shape. They are their own thing and they executed those well.

Last edited:
Just let them be. Everyone is a purist now. You got 14 year old dudes who have never held an OG or seen one in person riding the coattail of someone who said they aren't close enough to the OG and co-signing stuff. Just buy what you like. If these appeal to you and you have the funds, go for it. If you are that bent out of shape about these not being close enough, just add $250 to the MSRP of these and get yourself a pair of 1994s or 2001s.

Except I'm 35 and I want the design they came up with before the *******s started accepting less while happy to do so. Back in the 80s people weren't brain dead and took care of details that make or break a design. These shoes don't follow the rules of the original design thereby destroying all the subtleties within it. That results in this awkward no try mess we have before us here. If they don't care you shouldn't either. I can clearly see what Tinker intended and produced and why each part looks the way it does, why he chose the do the tongue that way, the way the toe rand thickness matches up to the line on top of the midsole. All of that detail has been compromised to the point where it's not even nearly the same shoe anymore, these are what the fakes would've looked like in 88 lol. FOH I'm done, enjoy this cheap but expensive replica. Paper tiger 3s.

94s and 01s aren't any better. 88 or bust.

Last edited:
The best example would be the hare7 vs bordeauxs. They were a couple months apart.

Columbias were never meant to have the og shape. They are their own thing and they executed those well.

IMO, the quality of materials was better but not necessarily the mold or the lace tabs. But we both agree on the same overall thing essentially so all good :lol:

Except I'm 35 and I want the design they came up with before the *******s started accepting less while happy to do so. Back in the 80s people weren't brain dead and took care of details that make or break a design. These shoes don't follow the rules of the original design thereby destroying all the subtleties within it. That results in this awkward no try mess we have before us here. If they don't care you shouldn't either. I can clearly see what Tinker intended and produced and why each part looks the way it does, why he chose the do the tongue that way, the way the toe rand thickness matches up to the line on top of the midsole. All of that detail has been compromised to the point where it's not even nearly the same shoe anymore, these are what the fakes would've looked like in 88 lol. FOH I'm done, enjoy this cheap but expensive replica. Paper tiger 3s.

94s and 01s aren't any better. 88 or bust.
You right fam

Lol

That's the pic I had in mind when Michael Jordan was in here busting my balls about having an OG pair.

Look at those Angel wings on the back. Pure art.

Last edited:
They need to remaster the entire shoe including the bottom half. OGs had a slimmer midsole. They been using this retry midsole since 94

As a fellow old NTer whos first pair of "nice" sneakers were the Fire Red 3s in third grade i can say that this model is special to me. I have no problem with Retro 3s other than the fact that they paint the midsoles. Fix that and I am happy. Still gonna buy 3s tho. Not this run of TBs as i still have a pair to wear and one DS.

Last edited:
As a fellow old NTer whos first pari of "nice" sneakers were the Fire Red 3s in third grade i can say that this model is special to me. I have no problem with Retro 3s other than the fact that they paint the midsoles. Fix that and I am happy. Still gonna buy 3s tho. Not this run of TBs as i still have a pair to wear and one DS.
this is exactly what happened to me when i was a kid except i never had fire red 3's i saw my friends with them and wanted it ever since easily my top 3 sneaker :lol:
still got my fire reds and true blues from years ago will be passing on these too not looking forward to seeing people wearing true blues since its releasing again :lol:

Last edited:
So looked at the map,

My footlocker is doing the app

Do I need to get a code in the store or just open the app on the 21st?

Ppl still in here bickering about molds and red on the tongue? Smdh lol.. Has anyone held in hand yet? Do they seem upgraded from years past?

Those maps are looking mighty healthy. I'll be on vacation, hopefully SNKRS isn't tripping too hard. I'll need a toddler pair off of NDC too.

Back
Top Bottom