OG Nike Air Jordan III Retro True Blue BLACK FRIDAY '16

More like

th%2B%252829%2529.jpg

That's the face they make while they wait for someone to view their listing as they wonder what went wrong. The guy at champs said it was foolproof...

Last edited:
waiting on my order to check for myself but they can´t be that bad? I had no problems with my older 3 retros from 13 and 14 and these can´t have worse leather then those can they?

I ain't feeling sorry for resellers this time around. Even if they had okay leather, hundreds would still have bought and thrown straight on eBay as folks do with every release now. The game is messed up. When started buying heavy in 2009, resell wasn't that big, now resell determines whether folks buy or appreciate what they buy

Last edited:
Gonna be funny many Years down the road when these hitting $400 or so."Yeah way back then people talked down on em and they were sitting on shelves"...never ending circle of life

that wont happen. Jordan Brand will retro these again before they hit $400

that wont happen. Jordan Brand will retro these again before they hit $400
probably.

The Maroon 6s were a similar release last year and even though that was the first retro ever they sat on shelves and are to this day not too expensive.. maybe they´ll dry up and go up in price some years down the road though.

Saw these in person today and they're not terrible and pretty comfortable. Material worth $220? Imo no, but if they hit outlets I might consider grabbing them. I'd got tts. Tried on an 10.5 and 11 and my tts of 11 fit perfectly. Nice going in and actually trying on pairs

Lol so you went and creased them up for the next man? Lol

My reserved pair coming today. Hopefully I have no problems. If I do I can always just go to the mall and get a new one [emoji]9786[/emoji]

Had a chat with customer service and was able to get 20% coupon , told them it was unacceptable that I had ordered reserved on the 21st and still haven't received .. says for wed Del . Granted it was my first ever coupon request and the girl I was chatting was a big Jordan fan . But am happy I finally have a 20% with all the money I have wasted past couple years with Nike

I applaud all who are getting coupons and discounts for these. Don't listen to naysayers who don't realize they should put their best interests before Jb who couldn't give a darn anyway. Under retail is the best move for those who want this colorway

Sorry if this has been posted already. But i woke up to an email saying urban jungle would not honor my coupon. It says i must agree to the new price if i want the shoes. I payed with paypal pay after delivery if it matters.

Cant believe xi 45 releasing next sat![emoji]128518[/emoji]

Hopefully easy purchase, need nike to release early like tb3

Last edited by a moderator:
probably.
The Maroon 6s were a similar release last year and even though that was the first retro ever they sat on shelves and are to this day not too expensive.. maybe they´ll dry up and go up in price some years down the road though.

Those will never retro again, and if they do it won't be the same way. Probably with a jumpman and white leather.

I'm not really sure how the 2011 version became the gold standard for true blue 3s, but I'll go out on a limb and guess that it's the only model most users on here have experienced.

The 2009 + 2011 versions were produced when JBs quality was near rock bottom. 

The ONLY version of the true blue 3 that I can consider a worthy comparison to the latest 2016 version would be the 2001 retro.

Released on 11/17/01, the true blue 3s were the first OG colorway that JB decided to unceremoniously strip away the Nike Air branding from.

This proved to be a controversial move that angered many who were coming off the heels of an excellent retro of the black/cement 3s earlier in the year.

The 2001 true blues literally set the precedent for almost a decade and a half of what many would consider half hearted retro attempts.

Compared to the original 1988 version, this sneaker was heavily altered. A Jumpman logo on the heel tab, a full strip of blue paint on the medial midsole, "Jordan" stamped on the outsole, and the red inner tongue lining switched to true blue.

Fast forward 15 years later to 11/25/16, and we have our first taste of what is as close to an original pair of true blue 3s as JB produced since 1988.

Yes, the shape and production quality is quite different than the 88 version.  But the re-introduction of key details has made this the best retro of a Jordan 3 since the 2001 black/cements in my opinion.

Check out the comparison shots below between the 2001 retro and the 2016 version.  

I purchased the 2001 pair the day that they released in 2001 and have worn them quite often ever since.
They've surprisingly held up great and are still wearable to this day.

Just by holding both pairs, I honestly cannot notice much of a difference in the leather quality.

The 2001 pair has slightly more tumbled leather, but that is hardly a key indicator of quality.

They are definitely within the same ball park of each other as far as overall build quality is concerned.

I'll spare you any granular details and let the pics do the talking.

TheManiac is the man for those pics and that comparison

I just got my Nike pair in and I will say the batch that my Nike pair was in is better than my finishline pair. Leather is softer and less glue stains but once I put these on my feet, there's deff a diffence. The comfortability is on par with all the other NA releases. These shoes are made to be worn. I feel these won't paint chip and they actually feel good on your foot unlike 2009s and 2011s. They fit more snug than normal but not a full size off like other jordans I own. Also when these break in people will appreciate the leather used. In regards to the complaints ppl had they fixed a lot of issues we had with previous 3s releases but everyone's hung up over not having balenciaga leather.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom