OG Nike Air Jordan III Retro True Blue BLACK FRIDAY '16

Thanks for the pics of the OGs it does look darker but do you think that could be due to aging at all?

Thanks for the pics of the OGs it does look darker but do you think that could be due to aging at all?

The print base is supposed to be grey, whether it be dark similar to the aged OGs, or light like the 2001 and 2011. Its not supposed to be tannish. Hopefully its a "grey market" mistake of not knowing how to color their fakes properly.

Last edited:
The print base is supposed to be grey, whether in be dark similar to the aged OGs, or light like the 2001 and 2011. Its not supposed to be tannish. Hopefully its a "grey market" mistake of not knowing how to color their fakes properly.
True can't put too much stock into these early pics. Once the NDC pics come out and people see them in person it'll get cleared up

Whoever saying 2001s over OGs have lost they damn minds and obviously never owned OGs. Your youth is showing and retros must be all u have to go on.
exactly! THIS is how the medial side should look, NOT like the 2001s!
Dude that pic is garbage. Looks like a boat just tipped over, these are my favorite colorway of J's ever but damn that OG pair looks bad. I grew up with 01's and wore them for 5 years almost every friday, I truly love Tbs. But that toebox looks terrible, not everything OG is better.

IDC about the paint job though, who cares. 

your youth is showing right now. whoever thinks 2001s are superior to OGs in ANY aspect, especially shape-wise, has obviously never owned OGs and only has the retros to go on for reference. that's the ONLY way your statement makes any sense. if u actually had OGs and still think 2001s were better then i just don't know what to say to you. the ONLY retros that have been on par with the OGs were the 1st retros (or re-issues, as some called them), which came out in 94-95 with the special commemorative shoe boxes (1s, 2s, 3s) and true blues obviously didn't retro til '01. no retros since have been on par, sorry. many may not be old enough to remember.

Whoever saying 2001s over OGs have lost they damn minds and obviously never owned OGs. Your youth is showing and retros must be all u have to go on.
your youth is showing right now. whoever thinks 2001s are superior to OGs in ANY aspect, especially shape-wise, has obviously never owned OGs and only has the retros to go on for reference. that's the ONLY way your statement makes any sense. if u actually had OGs and still think 2001s were better then i just don't know what to say to you. the ONLY retros that have been on par with the OGs were the 1st retros (or re-issues, as some called them), which came out in 94-95 with the special commemorative shoe boxes (1s, 2s, 3s) and true blues obviously didn't retro til '01. no retros since have been on par, sorry. many may not be old enough to remember.

The reason that the first retros were on point is because they were made in the same factories as the OGs, so any differences to the shape or details were just improvements over the original designs. Since then, then have been trying to recreate the recreations of the original

^^
i don't have the data to confirm or deny your claim that the 1st retros were produced in the same factories as the OGs. i was under the impression that the same MOLDS were used for the 1st retros, but who knows what the truth really is. it doesn't really matter at this point. we just know that it cannot be disputed that, for whatever reason, the 1st retros were on par with OGs and no retro has been since, period.

I don't get why its so hard to make a 1:1 of the Og's same shape and cut, I know materials wise that's impossible but at least the 94-99 retros.

so the pics we see now, can we call them 99% authentic of what the final shoe will potentially look like?

I don't get why its so hard to make a 1:1 of the Og's same shape and cut, I know materials wise that's impossible but at least the 94-99 retros.

It's not , they simply choose not to...so they can re-retro them over and over

beat me to it :lol:

If they had to make a retro perfect for it to sell, they would. The early retros were all on point because Nike/JB hadnt yet sold out for the $$$

It's not , they simply choose not to...so they can re-retro them over and over
Pretty much, it's a matter of $$$. Are they going to spend the additional costs to revamp the molds, templates, etc. or use the same molds they've been using for a while and still sell them out?

Pretty easy business decision for them.

Exactly.

Just look around this forum and see how many people are willing to settle for whatever JB gives them, they even complain about "complainers" who aren't willing to settle like they are. :smh:

QFT. This is what I'm trying to get at, beyond my claim of the terrible red liner, clown shoes"

If all of the sheeple are willing to let JB get away with this minor detail which I consider an atrocity, you will just let them perpetuate this high price tag low quality BS.

The 3s are my favorite model of all time and I am quite saddened that they will give us this crap, esp w the NA attached to it.

Last edited:
I don't see how people complaining about spending $190+ on a pair of sneakers and not being satisfied with them and voicing their opinion of a forum for sneakers and be classified as a complainer.

Last edited:
I don't see how people complaining about spending $190+ on a pair of sneakers and not being satisfied with them and voicing their opinion of a forum for sneakers and be classified as a complainer.

it depends

for example, if one comes in here on release day and posts 10 times that there should be a jumpman on the heel instead of nike air - they need to stop complaining & shutthehellup with that ignorant bs

Last edited:
doesnt matter.. cant convince everyone to be on the same page.  some understand while some do not

Its a matter of preference and/or opinion. OG might be better for some while retros may be better for others. No real right or wrong, though some have a elitist (aka stupid) mentality, which makes them unable to see all perspectives, basically they come off as narrow minded individuals .

Last edited:
I believe if you're going to buy said shoe, your complaints should be kept to a minimum since you are still purchasing the product.

Are you people seriously complaining about the red liner now? They're retro'ing the OG... Sorry but if you weren't expecting to see that red liner then you're not too bright.

If you want to complain about something you should be complaining about how on the OG the red didn't show on foot because the liner didn't wrap over back then. Now that they wrap it over you can see it and it becomes a problem. I doubt Tinker would've gone with that red if he knew it was going to be visible on foot. The people running the show now don't have an eye for things like this.

If this is what we're getting its garbage either way though so whatever.

Last edited:
If you want to complain about something you should be complaining about how on the OG the red didn't show on foot because the liner didn't wrap over back then. Now that they wrap it over you can see it and it becomes a problem.

ya, we've gone over that specific issue already
i think you were involved? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom