OG Nike Air Jordan III Retro True Blue BLACK FRIDAY '16

I'm still gonna be purchasing a pair. The red fro over the tongue doesn't bother me as much as most people on here do. True, it doesn't hold completely to OG form by how Jordan Brand did that but red tongue liner and NA on heel tab makes it much closer to OG then the 2007 or 2011 TB's which I myself do prefer. That's just my opinion. We are all entitled to it.

Side note, people in the sneaker community always find ways to customize. I'm sure at some point someone might mess with the stitching and hide that red liner behind the tongue. If people nowadays can swap soles fairly easy, I'm sure that tongue customization isn't too far behind for someone that is handy.

Last edited:
I for one have been excited about this release since it was first announced, red tounge, blue tongue, whatever. Especially since my 01s started to crumble after their last wear.

I for one have been excited about this release since it was first announced, red tounge, blue tongue, whatever. Especially since my 01s started to crumble after their last wear.

Exactly.

The silhouette of the Jordan 3 is top 3 all time ...and if y'all think 3's with NA on the back gonna make it to outlets, then you're insane.

Figured these would release again.  I'm good though.  I still have mine from way back.  

True Blue 3's are my favorite OG colorway of the 3's and I am considering passing. It just doesn't look good with that red tongue liner showing. It looks like they cut the tongue off the WC3 and sewed it onto the TB3's...

If they were going to do the red tongue liner they should have made it just like the OG where you can't see it from the front. It changes the whole look of the shoe. 

Needless to say that I am disappointed and may just be purchasing another pair of 2011's in DS condition. Oh well game time decision, just kinda bummed. Congrats and good luck to all of you who like the new look.

Peace and love!

"the red liner makes this release a no go"

but the original had it

"oh, really...are you sure, cause i'm not"

yes

"well it still sucks"
The original didn't have it showing from the front of the shoe. It completely changes the look of the entire damn shoe. There is a reason they changed it to blue when they started doing the "see the liner from the front remake"

I agree it should be red but you shouldn't be able to see it from anywhere but from the back.

Last edited:
So color of elephant print is gonna look fake like that color wise? Smh
Yeah man what happened to. "We're wearing white gloves and ish and making them as close to the originals as possible"  
mean.gif

Yeah @Sneekaz, the retros from 08-13 were the absolute worst IMO. Especially, my favorite model, the 4's. They straight up butchered the **** outta that shoe, over the years. The shape, & mold still messed up to this very day. That's why I went hard, and spent a stack on some '99 sole swapped Black Cement's. The '12's just ain't good enough, & the 08's were just ****** low-tops.

Last edited:
 True Blue 3's are my favorite OG colorway of the 3's and I am considering passing. It just doesn't look good with that red tongue liner showing. It looks like they cut the tongue off the WC3 and sewed it onto the TB3's...

If they were going to do the red tongue liner they should have made it just like the OG where you can't see it from the front. It changes the whole look of the shoe. 

Needless to say that I am disappointed and may just be purchasing another pair of 2011's in DS condition. Oh well game time decision, just kinda bummed. Congrats and good luck to all of you who like the new look.

Peace and love!

"Changes the whole look of the shoe"??? That's quite the exaggeration. Half the 1s in your sig have that mid top look that don't look nothing like the OGs.

I can deal with the tongue they just need to get that elephant print right, to me the elephant print made the air Jordan 3 so if they are planning on remastering them at least get the elephant print on point with the og's that's the least they could do forget the tongue it's deeper than that

Last edited:
too much red for wizards colorways?

but the 94 limited re-releases had the newer tongue too tho
Nah, the blue on the newer tongue looked better with the shoe as a whole (IMO) I assume that change wasn't an accident and they did it for aesthetic reasons (totally an assumption.) 

I like the red liner but only when it looks like the OG where you can't see it. 

Why else would they change the inside of the tongue to blue other than to try and make it look better? (I'm seriously asking, because besides the fact that they just wanted to milk us for money down the road later, I can't think of another reason)

"Changes the whole look of the shoe"??? That's quite the exaggeration. Half the 1s in your sig have that mid top look that don't look nothing like the OGs.
 Yeah it does change the whole look (IMO.) 

I MUCH prefer the OG high (94 mold and 2015+ mold) look on the 1's rather than the "mid" cut on the older 1 models, however I didn't have an option  back then when I bought those 1's.

If you gave me a choice between '13 AJ1's or 84/94/15 I would choose the latter all day long.

It's just my opinion, nothing more nothing less.

Originally Posted by Bigsykedaddy  

Yeah it does change the whole look (IMO.) 

I MUCH prefer the OG high (94 mold and 2015+ mold) look on the 1's rather than the "mid" cut on the older 1 models, however I didn't have an option  back then when I bought those 1's.

If you gave me a choice between '13 AJ1's or 84/94/15 I would choose the latter all day long.

It's just my opinion, nothing more nothing less.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the 94's slight higher than the 84-85's @Bigsykedaddy???

Peace and love!

this is it, right here along with the EP cut...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom