OG Nike Air Jordan III Retro True Blue BLACK FRIDAY '16

hope they release the fire red 3s... my pair from 07 is cracked and same goes with my cdp 3s
Same here. And i have DS pairs of both which i know will crack once i take a few steps in them. JB needs to stop painting the midsoles and release them the same way they did in "01". My "01" pair were great RIP
View media item 465939

Last edited:
Same here. And i have DS pairs of both which i know will crack once i take a few steps in them. JB needs to stop painting the midsoles and release them the same way they did in "01". My "01" pair were great RIP
View media item 465939
but don't the soles from 01 crack because they are pu soles that are not painted? My black cat 3s which use the newer soles are approaching 10 years and show no signs of cracking

but don't the soles from 01 crack because they are pu soles that are not painted? My black cat 3s which use the newer soles are approaching 10 years and show no signs of cracking
Midsoles from "01" dont crack because they are not painted. The paint is what cracks on newer releases not the actual midsole

The '01 midsole uses a polymer that is less dense so it absorbs the paint much better.

Unfortunately this leads to crumbling of the axtually midsole unfortunately

Who cares though. I'd rather be able to rock my kicks for 15 years straight without the paint falling off every two seconds than. I was still rocking 2000 Infrareds back in 2013, and my Fire Red 5's fell apart exactly 16 years after they dropped on Jan 5.

Dye>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Paint

So it's picking your poison

Rather have paint crack than to have the sole crumbling

Angelus is only 3dollars

And incredibly annoying. Who wants to repaint their kicks within their lifespan, get real here?
Who wants to go out sole swapping?
That's harder than painting
And if you don't use the right glue you minus whale turn the shoes into a puppet cause they gonna be talking

My sneakers paint rarely chips

Only pair that's chipped a little is the thunder 14s and that's in one spot and came like that from the seller
And those are in heavy rotation

Who wants to go out sole swapping?
That's harder than painting
And if you don't use the right glue you minus whale turn the shoes into a puppet cause they gonna be talking

My sneakers paint rarely chips

Only pair that's chipped a little is the thunder 14s and that's in one spot and came like that from the seller
And those are in heavy rotation
15 YEARS LATER. Sole swapping is a bit of a pain, but it's better than going through 4 coats of Angelus on your beaters.

Last edited:
15 YEARS LATER. Sole swapping is a bit of a pain, but it's better than going through 4 coats of Angelus on your beaters.

How often do you think people are painting their shoes?
Come on fam
How is sole swapping better than painting

They teach you to paint in grade school

Last edited:
How often do you think people are painting their shoes?
Come on fam
How is sole swapping better than painting

They teach you to paint in grade school
Once every 2-4 years. Stripping it is annoying too.

Last edited:
People really prefer crumbling soles instead of paint chipping? Ha ha ha

I've heard it all.
Yea cause if you actually wear them they won't chip or crumble. My 99 4s are still holding strong no chipping or crumbling. My 01 3s lasted 10 years.
If you leave them in a box then yea the new ones won't chip and they'll look great for probably 20 years until they inevitably crumble too.

I wear all my shoes because eventually they will all crumble. Never had a chipping issue because I've been out of Jordans for years now. The "upgrade" with the remaster and return of NA have peaked my interest. Debating if I want TB 3s or just wait for the eventual BC 3 retro.

People really prefer crumbling soles instead of paint chipping? Ha ha ha

I've heard it all.
Yea cause if you actually wear them they won't chip or crumble. My 99 4s are still holding strong no chipping or crumbling. My 01 3s lasted 10 years.
If you leave them in a box then yea the new ones won't chip and they'll look great for probably 20 years until they inevitably crumble too.

Not to metion that the older PU sole were much softer and lighter, these new joints are why the III-VI are hard and heavy as bricks.

Wearing a light, comfortable shoe with no paint issues for 5-6 years >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> wearing bricks with paint issues for 10+ years

in all likelihood, that shoe will re-release before it gets a chance to crumble.

Last edited:
Who cares though. I'd rather be able to rock my kicks for 15 years straight without the paint falling off every two seconds than. I was still rocking 2000 Infrareds back in 2013, and my Fire Red 5's fell apart exactly 16 years after they dropped on Jan 5.

Dye>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Paint
:rofl: I'm sorry but I'll take peeling paint over cracking and crumbling any day. The paint can be re painted

old midsoles all the way. by the time the midsole crumbles. they probably rereleased twice.

Last edited:
They should just use the paint they used on the 2012 white cements. Apparently those didn't peel at all

Back
Top Bottom