OG Nike Air Jordan III Retro True Blue BLACK FRIDAY '16

this would be the 4th pair of 3s i bought -  at least for the discount 15HOLIDAY and $20 rewards at FNL - bought 3 pairs online to see the best out of the 3 and sent 2 back

this would be the 4th pair of 3s i bought -  at least for the discount 15HOLIDAY and $20 rewards at FNL - bought 3 pairs online to see the best out of the 3 and sent 2 back
Thanks for the promo code. About to buy another pair and return the one I got on BF back to the store. Hopefully this pair is better than the one I got before.

Last edited:
My thing is this, people cry so much about flaws and minute things for what they are paying. When I see that all over this board, all I do is laugh. Why? because quality hasn't been good in over a decade. Prime examples are Fire Red V's and sport blue VI's. The leather on those are awful off the bat, and I can compare that to my white and navy VI's, I don't see a lot of people posting who can draw that parallel between those shoes, or at least they are here and not posting.  I can tell who has been buying for a while vs. newer cats. Things really started getting bad around 05/06 in terms of quality materials and such. So now, I know what I'm paying for. It all boils down to, do you really want the shoe or not? I KNOW I'm not getting my money's worth, it's been like this over a decade plus. Hell, I wasn't getting my money's worth when I was buying at $160, $170, $180, $190, $200 and so on...so why cry foul now? Same flaws existed at each pricing point increment, it's just they are charging more and people want to be fugazi sneaker professors now :lol: .  Everyone was so happy with the 88 Cements they overlooked the fact that the bottom said Jordan and not Nike. I know some mentioned it, but imagine if they were as available as these TB III's people would trash the shoe because of it, but since they weren't super GR, people copped and shut the hell up because of the "limited" status. My thought was, I will just wait until nike puts them back out in it's true OG form with the Nike on the bottom. It's just gotten more ridiculous with the picking and choosing of what to argue about on this board. But it's your money and preference, spend it how you will, but spare me the woe is me and the fake outrage while spending that $200, $220 plus tax release after release, you ain't fooling anybody.

Naw dude. You probably dont have these or havent seen many pairs of these. I fire red 5s, sport blue 6s and cement 3s. I wasnt talking about materials in qc, I was talking about the flaws. Quality control on this drop is unreal. I dont mind the price, dont mind the materials. Only thing that bothers me are when straight batches of shoes look like mutated pairs. I have small flaws probably on every single jordan I bought but never tripped too much. However the flaws on these are terrible plus the fact that its so wide spread makes it even worse.

Shouldn't make assumptions. Price doesnt bug me, I have 2 pairs of tbs. But am looking to swap one of the pairs out because of all the flaws it has. Only other shoe I had to do this for was infrared 6s and those didnt even take this long to find a decent pair.

It´s funny how selective we are when it comes to quality though.
While these are nothing to write home about, they are not that bad either. Problem is that they a) cost $220 in the US and b) are not limited.

Till last year nobody batted an eye about paying 600 for 2013 Royal 1s solely based on the fact that they are limited. Now since 1s are remastered everybody thrashes the quality of the older releases like they were made out of cardboard. Hype factors in more then anything, if we like it or not.

It´s funny how selective we are when it comes to quality though.

While these are nothing to write home about, they are not that bad either. Problem is that they a) cost $220 in the US and b) are not limited.

Till last year nobody batted an eye about paying 600 for 2013 Royal 1s solely based on the fact that they are limited. Now since 1s are remastered everybody thrashes the quality of the older releases like they were made out of cardboard. Hype factors in more then anything, if we like it or not.

See this is ultimately my point - nailed it on the head. I have no problem with people complaining and returning things they deem not up to par as far as quality standards go. It's your money, you should expect to get what you pay for and not have to settle. But people were going bananas and paying resale prices that were ridiculous for Js that were way way way worse in terms of quality. I was looking at my Lightning XIVs the other day and wondered why I even bought them lol.

The True Blues are a lot nicer than Js released as of late and the fact people were able to get them made this less appealing - I don't care what anyone says but if these had QS in front of the name people would have spent the $220 in a heartbeat for these pairs without hesitation.

Look at far uglier Jordan's that have sold out just because people knew there were X amount of pairs available. I'm glad I was able to get a pair I wanted without jumping through hoops.

They're on sale at Old Orchard Mall Chicago FNL for 189. Must be a FNL thing.

Only problem is they have sizes 8 and 13. Looking 9.5. Woodfield probably has em.

Naw dude. You probably dont have these or havent seen many pairs of these. I fire red 5s, sport blue 6s and cement 3s. I wasnt talking about materials in qc, I was talking about the flaws. Quality control on this drop is unreal. I dont mind the price, dont mind the materials. Only thing that bothers me are when straight batches of shoes look like mutated pairs. I have small flaws probably on every single jordan I bought but never tripped too much. However the flaws on these are terrible plus the fact that its so wide spread makes it even worse.

Shouldn't make assumptions. Price doesnt bug me, I have 2 pairs of tbs. But am looking to swap one of the pairs out because of all the flaws it has. Only other shoe I had to do this for was infrared 6s and those didnt even take this long to find a decent pair.

Actually some of the complaints are telling.

A lot of these same complaints are made in every three thread. You can tell who doesn't have many pair of threes often by the comments. People complaining about the elephant print not matching, seeing brush strokes and glue stains?

When I had problems with my fire red III's and them being chipped, I just returned them. People complain about shoes still in stores more than they do than the ones that sell out.

Got to hold a pair in hand this weekend, I actually like them.

Still not gonna cop.

Edit: was referring to wools.

Last edited:
Actually some of the complaints are telling.

A lot of these same complaints are made in every three thread. You can tell who doesn't have many pair of threes often by the comments. People complaining about the elephant print not matching, seeing brush strokes and glue stains?

When I had problems with my fire red III's and them being chipped, I just returned them. People complain about shoes still in stores more than they do than the ones that sell out.

That literally didn't even go with anything I said. If your talking in general then I dont know why you quoted me. Brush strokes isnt even a flaw. I seen pairs where the nike air is particularly on the side of the shoe, ep completely scraped off a huge chunk of the shoe, midsole paint actually missing from the midsole, blue paint on the white leather, and dirt stains. Maybe I wasnt clear because people keep thinking I'm complaining about little things or people are reaching thinking its because they are sitting.

I love that they are sitting, 220 doesnt bug me, I would pay 250 these. But it sucks that its so hard to find a pair with just minor flaws, let alone a pair thats actually made to usual Jordan brand standards. Ive had like 20 pairs of 3s over the past 10 years so I know what to expect. It shouldnt be this hard to go into a store and exhange it but the pair that gets brought out ends up looking worse than the one I have.

Man local Finish Line has the True Blues on sale for $189.99. With my winners circle I can get them down to $169.99. Hopefully they're still available next Thursday after Christmas. I spent too much money on shoes the last two weeks. :smh: Yeezys, SJs, and Blk/Wht 9s. Also Christmas gifts have my wallet hurting right now.

Last edited:
sitting on shelves in GA last I've been to the mall, anyone from the A know of any places that has it for less than 200? Any nike outlet sightings?

sitting on shelves in GA last I've been to the mall, anyone from the A know of any places that has it for less than 200? Any nike outlet sightings?

Spots like DTLR, Athletes Foot, etc., usually mark shoes down quicker than other chain stores. I'm trying to double up but I'm not trying to pay more than $150 total.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom