OG OG Spacejam Question...

Having a debate with a homie...
Were the ORIGINAL spacejams with the 45 on the back ever released to the public?

Not the ones made for Mike for the movie or the 95-96 season.

I say there were some, very limited pairs with the 45 on the back that made it out to some lucky few.

As opposed to the 2001 XI retro which many regard as the OG jammies.

Jordan experts please enlighten us.

There's a rumor that 6 pairs were made back then but im not sure if they had the 45 on the back. I'm pretty sure the ones with the 45 were just for mike or samples.

Originally Posted by RaptorNation

Dunno about that, but nice post count^^^
indifferent.gif

Im pretty sure the actual original jams had the 45 on the back, mj234eva has a pair i believe

The OG Space Jams were ultra-exclusive. MJ gave some out to a select few while filming Space Jam & while preparing for his first return to the NBA but that was it. The 2000 edition is basically a psuedo-retro since there was never a general release for them. The legitmate Space Jam OGs had 23 stitched on the heel.

well honestly to me the original release of the jams was in 2000. Being that was the year that everyone could've got their hands on them. So at the end of the day i see the 2000 pair as ogs and the 09 as the true retros.

That's right, it was 2000. november if my memory serves me right.

I guess it's just a matter of time frame.

SJ wern't a part of the original 96 colorway joints, but a very limited number of pairs made it into the public. And not just the ones Money wore for filming and comeback games, but actual pairs made for special people in their size. ??

"OG" came in 2000 with the first retroing of the concords, sj, cg, and blk/red.

Thanks for the input.

Now let's see the real OG's if you got em!!

He wore these in the '95 playoffs while still wearing #45. However, the shoe that was released to the public didn't come out until later in 1995 for the 95'-'96 season and did not have #45 on the back. By then he had already switched back to #23. The concords with #45 are sample or early production shoes already made. I know they are floating around but they were never officially released to the public. For some reason the black/black AJ XI seemed to be like the unicorn of sneakers. I rememeber talking about them back in 1996 in high school wanting a pair so bad but gave up hope knowing they would never be released
roll.gif

Originally Posted by beh235

He wore these in the '95 playoffs while still wearing #45. However, the shoe that was released to the public didn't come out until later in 1995 for the 95'-'96 season and did not have #45 on the back. By then he had already switched back to #23. The concords with #45 are sample or early production shoes already made. I know they are floating around but they were never officially released to the public. For some reason the black/black AJ XI seemed to be like the unicorn of sneakers. I rememeber talking about them back in 1996 in high school wanting a pair so bad but gave up hope knowing they would never be released
roll.gif

He wore'em in the '95 playoffs? I'm in no position to argue, but I was pretty sure that it was the '96 playoffs after being fined twice about the concords. But what do I know? I thought the 45 version were only samples. I guess you learn something new everyday.

via google......

You're right, man. I smoke too much trees. I watched both these seasons and yet I'm getting them confused. I'm losing my memory at 27.

1995-black/shadow X's, white/black/concord XI's, Air Flight Ones, and Space Jam XI's
MJ'sreturn to the post season began with him wearing a PE version of theblack/shadow X's with his #45 stitched on the side against theCharlotte Hornets.
bogues.jpg

Once the Bulls entered the2nd round against the Magic, MJ was given a test pair ofwhite/black/concord XI's. As the story goes, Tinker Hatfield pleadedwith MJ to not wear the shoes as they were only a test pair. MJcouldn't resist and wore them anyways. He wore them for a few games butwas warned by the league to switch back to a primarily black shoe sincethe Bulls wore primarily black shoes. deja vu?
jikk14.jpg

MJthen broke out a pair of Penny Hardway's Air Flight Ones for one game.Rumor has it that MJ borrowed a pair from Penny's personal stash butcut off the heel tab that had Penny's #1 on it.

2le0znb.jpg

Forthe remaining games of the Magic series, MJ sported the infamous SpaceJams. (Technically they were just the black/white XI's since the moviehadn't come out yet)
314p0tl.jpg

34dlzlt.jpg

2agw0b4.jpg

OG Jams were basically MJ's player exclusive XI's at the time...never came out to the public except for a few scattered pairs..and I mean a few..

ijapino is on the money. The spacejams were basically a quick fix accident. Jordan wasn't supposed to have a white based shoe with the road uniform and Nike had to give him a black based shoe ASAP. That explains why he wore the flight 1's for a couple of games. I guess he loved the XI so much he asked for and got a pair of all black XI's and at the time they were described as just a player exclusive because everyone loved the shoe from the get-go. This explains why the shoe has a bluish tint to the outsole. This also sort of started the idea of Mike wearing the following season's model of the AJ early, like when he wore the 14's in '98 in the finals. And Cadwalladder, it's cool, people get this confused all the time because we wore like 3 or 4 pairs of different kicks those playoffs lol. I wish they would release those PE Black XI's and yes that's the correct name because he wore them BEFORE spacejam came out lol.

Originally Posted by beh235

The spacejams were basically a quick fix accident. Jordan wasn't supposed to have a white based shoe with the road uniform and Nike had to give him a black based shoe ASAP.
It wasn't just for the road uniforms...but the entire playoffs, the Bulls wore black shoes.

It's weird how I remember all this, but I can't remember what I had for breakfast this morning...

I dont think the spacejams ever released the 45 to the public but just as samples or exclusives... not sure, wouldnt doubt if im wrong

I read years ago that they only made 3 pairs of the OG Spacejames, but they never got released to the public as ijapino mentioned.

i have a photo of one of the 3 pairs saved somewhere, when i find it ill post it here.

Back
Top Bottom