"OG" oversaturation?

savage legend

Banned
am i the only one that feels like they are releasing these same colorways too often. i just dont get the "new jordans this saturday" feeling anymore. i like shoes but i LOVE some new shoes. its like jordan is not even giving me a chance to wear my shoes before it comes out again. i my playoff 8s from a couple years ago are still wearable---as are my db3s grape5s white cement3s and a couple other pair released this year. the reason im complaining is because i dont buy the same shoe twice under any circumstances. i like new ****. i want new colorways. if they are going to be releasing shoes this close together why not just open up a store where you can buy ANY model or colorway that has ever been released.

It's called being a smart consumer. Why spend your money if you don't have to? Also, it gives another shot to those who missed out when the shoes were previously released. I think the idea is great, but the picture gets crowded with hypebeasts/resellers. A good amount of these shoes released previously, there was demand but you didn't have to go through so much to get a pair. It's OD now.

Last edited:
Yeah i understand how you feel OP. I posted this in another thread.

Nike is out for the money. Eventually they will just release every single shoe again and label the box "OG Retro" and be identical to the ogs. They will probably release the 88 3s again but this time they will also put " Nike " at the bottom and people will go crazy and buy them again. I mean what other og color do they have left to bring out again. Is it just going to be a never ending cycle of og colors? Would be nice if one year they just release new non og color ways for all the numbers(1-28). Two shoes a month for 12 months mabey do 3 releases a month every 3rd month. But I guess business is business and they got to get their money somehow.

That's why I buy other shoes (KDs, Lebrons, Air Maxes, Flights 89s, etc.)

Issue #1 is that so many people wait years and years before they FINALLY wear their shoes. By the time they finally "unDS" them, they've already been retroed again. The whole concept of keeping shoes on ice for years is just stupid to me. They are shoes. Shoes are meant to be worn. And if you want them to last longer, take better care of them.

Issue #2 is that people are so salty and selfish. They hate seeing other people wearing the same shoes. This is unavoidable. As popular as JB has become, it's dumb to think that other people aren't going to like what you like. If you don't want to be seen wearing the same shoes as other people, go buy some Louis Vuitton or Balenciaga. Other than that, who cares that you're rocking your OG '97 Breds and some other guy is rocking this year's version.

Issue #3 is that JB has been coming up with some HORRIBLE new colorways and designs lately. I am actually thankful that that have been re-retroing older designs over and over because a lot of the new stuff that they have been coming up with has been garbage.

Ok enough ranting now...I rest my case :rolleyes

I don't mind. It's cool to see someone with the same Space Jams as me, especially if they have the 2000 "Jumpman Jam" version. 
embarassed.gif

They are making a decent amount of new colorways. Maybe they aren't the ones you like. Try looking into new shoes from different brands and styles.

Last edited:
Just beast over lebrons/Kobes/kds then. Won't have the retro over saturation for awhile.

Last edited:
Jordan only releases so many shoes in a 12 month period so if they didnt release og colors that would mean new colorways. Imaging a whole year of new colors that would mean more variety. That would be pretty cool but I guess nike doesnt want to gamble. They know the money is a guaranteed in og colors.

It's called being a smart consumer. Why spend your money if you don't have to? Also, it gives another shot to those who missed out when the shoes were previously released. I think the idea is great, but the picture gets crowded with hypebeasts/resellers. A good amount of these shoes released previously, there was demand but you didn't have to go through so much to get a pair. It's OD now.
qft

no, I hope they release more classics, and quick. I'd rather grab all that I need while they aren't 200 dollars..
mean.gif

What I really hate is when they keep releasing the same colorway only in worse quality every few years when so much good stuff hasn't been retroed yet (16-19).

How many endless 1s, 3s and 11s do we have to go through before that happens? Yes, I know nike's makes a killing on these because everyone wants them and they're cheap to make but it's not like the xvi's would gather dust

Last edited:
^ Give me some 16's 17's ill even take a pair of XX's

And some more xiv's dammit, indiglos 3 pairs

I've realized that JB probably isn't going to retro the higher models often until a few more years or so. They obviously don't want to charge us original retail on em... they want to get us for like 30 or more over retail like all the other models. I wouldn't be surprised if we start to see them around the time current retros are $199 ish. I can see them trying to get $199 for 18s initially which would suck cause I need to get some black/blue at least that fit me again

I for one think it's a good thing. For one reason because I wear my shoes, and many of them don't hold up that well. So new ones are always welcome, and for two (reasons) is because it keeps down the resell value of certain shoes. I said time and time again, if you think ANY retro is actually  worth over 500, you're a dumb ***.

Last edited:
I'm happy that there are so many new Jordan fans out there that love his sneakers. I don't really care to be exclusive or have something that other people don't.

What I care about is that people get shoes that they want and not because of hype.

I also think they are re-retroing to often. I think when something gets re-released over and over again it loses the nystalgia/meaning of the shoe.

^ Give me some 16's 17's ill even take a pair of XX's

And some more xiv's dammit, indiglos 3 pairs

This man knows.

It wouldn't bother me if JB would stop with all of these horrible Retro+ colorways and keep the OG colorways throughout the year.

I feel like If they were to retro classic colorways and spread them out it would be decent. Then spend more time and effort on quality retro+ colorways.

The fewer shoes they release in a year, the higher quality of colorways and materials will be.

My problem isnt with OG colorways oversaturation, its with crappy colorway oversaturation.

Back
Top Bottom