"OG" oversaturation?

I think in general releases need to be slowed down. A few og cws and a few retro+ cws a yr. most shoes should now release on the 25th anniversary calendar.

Last edited:
and your case is very valid, and on point. Im 38 myself, and have witnessed what has become a very disturbing trend; JB knows what "hungers" the consumers. I'm selectfully buying retros that had a "personal" connection for myself, but the price hikes due to -insert 19 reasons- have made me no longer want to anymore. They still have me, 'cause I'm out after they give the Maroon 6's, and then my disconnection will be complete.

I can totally see JB just playing darts with colorways.  Then laughing their ***** off when they choose 2 of the most random colors and it sells out

I don't really mind I just don't like it when they re release the same shoe multiple times. There shouldn't be shoes that released 4 or 5 times already that's absurd.

it doesn't bother me.  i remember back in the early 2000s, everyone was excited about Jordans dropping again. We were really looking forward to some of the newer colorways.  Some of those have become highly sought after now.

Now I don't understand how some of these newer colors make it from the sample stage.  I don't mind the OGs dropping every other saturday.  Gives me a chance to pick up on some I missed out years ago

not everyone had the opportunity to acquire the collection, jb is giving them the chance to catch up and most people wear there shoes so they invest in another pair down the line

it doesn't bother me.  i remember back in the early 2000s, everyone was excited about Jordans dropping again. We were really looking forward to some of the newer colorways.  Some of those have become highly sought after now.

Now I don't understand how some of these newer colors make it from the sample stage.  I don't mind the OGs dropping every other saturday.  Gives me a chance to pick up on some I missed out years ago
but what happens when you cop this year and in 2 years there dropping again.if you have a large collection like myself its hard to rock everything as often as you should. and now you have to hurry and wear something while theyre still an upcoming release

but what happens when you cop this year and in 2 years there dropping again.if you have a large collection like myself its hard to rock everything as often as you should. and now you have to hurry and wear something while theyre still an upcoming release
That is true enough however sometimes i still cant get around to it lol. Its tough yo, I feel like some of the jordan colorways are dropping a little bit too much but hey this business is all about money and demand from what i can see and if they continue to drop the same things over and over again i just sell some of my pairs.

Most sneakers that are dropping too frequently were CDP sneakers, that a lot of people didn't get anyway, because they came in a pack. Plus five and six years really is a long time. The average person beat their kicks up within months or a year.

And a lot of the sneakers people want like black metallics, flu games or black infrared VI's weren't done correctly, and they were retroed not too long ago.

You don't have to get every sneaker that comes anyway and I'm still not sure why people brag about keeping a sneaker DS for years. Either sell them or wear them. That was a dummy move by you if you thought you were going to keep them for ten years and have everyone "breaking necks", especially if it was an OG colorway.

Adidas comes out with The Crazy 8 damn near every year. Same with Reebok and the Omni Lite and New Balance and their different number series.

If people don't like it, or want it, they just don't buy them. For some reason Jordan wearers think they NEED to get every release.

Last edited:
I swear I don't understand this mentality.  People act like EVERYONE was collecting kicks back in 06/07.

Some people, like myself, just recently got into collecting so I appreciate all the drops happening now.

Just wear the damn shoes and stop worrying about "breaking necks" at the mall because you have a pair that hasn't released in 10 years.

JB could re-release all the shoes I currently have next year again and I could care less.

Wait, huh? How does an upcoming release add any pressure towards when you wear your pair?

I dont see an oversaturation of og since real true "og" versions have never really been out. Like the 1s, sure they have been put out over the years but not once looked legit og till now so, maybe many years from now u could argue that.

YES.. I want some new colorways on the classic shoes... Not the same color way that Ive been seeing\wearing since 1993.

I dont see an oversaturation of og since real true "og" versions have never really been out. Like the 1s, sure they have been put out over the years but not once looked legit og till now so, maybe many years from now u could argue that.
That is true not one shoe has been identical to the og pairs. The 88 3s almost looked identical but I think they put "JORDAN" at the bottom and not "NIKE".

It doesn't bother me at all my recent pick ups have been Original pairs,so I been passin on the retros I only been copping retros to resell.

I've been into sneakers since I was a kid, but I really became aware of the sneaker community around '04. Makes me feel like some of you weren't around, cause if you were you'd remember how THIRSTY people were for good OG colors. In '05 when I came to Niketalktalk, every other post was someone crying about the release of some infrareds or concords, Jams ect. Now that we see/seen these releases people are all of sudden fed up.

REMEBER: We didn't see a pair of XI that weren't the i.e. lows for damn near 9 years (excluding the dmp release)!! We didn't get ANY VIs for about 8 years!!! People are too ungreatful to notice, but as far JB releases go, we're at a high point.

If you really don't like the "over oversaturation", be patient. it'll past. Be careful what you wish for, '02-'08- were harsh times.

I've been into sneakers since I was a kid, but I really became aware of the sneaker community around '04. Makes me feel like some of you weren't around, cause if you were you'd remember how THIRSTY people were for good OG colors. In '05 when I came to Niketalktalk, every other post was someone crying about the release of some infrareds or concords, Jams ect. Now that we see/seen these releases people are all of sudden fed up.

REMEBER: We didn't see a pair of XI that weren't the i.e. lows for damn near 9 years (excluding the dmp release)!! We didn't get ANY VIs for about 8 years!!! People are too ungreatful to notice, but as far JB releases go, we're at a high point.

If you really don't like the "over oversaturation", be patient. it'll past. Be careful what you wish for, '02-'08- were harsh times.
Pretty much why i bailed for a long time.

Last edited:

This is very true :lol:

But the main reason people cry over releases is because theirs hold less value now or because they're not going to be special anymore.

A lot of people are in to sneakers for all the wrong reasons.

If you don't like a release, or you have 07 VIII's or grapes, don't buy the newest one. Why complain about it? Money saved

Last edited:
This is very true :lol:

But the main reason people cry over releases is because theirs hold less value now or because they're not going to be special anymore.

If you don't like a release, or you have 07 VIII's or grapes, don't buy the newest one. Why complain about it? Money saved

View media item 527537

This is very true
laugh.gif

Def Agree. I been trying to get grapes at retail and i always miss out lol. i hope they release again next year lol 
laugh.gif

I can see how it could be a problem, but I like the idea of being able to purchase the shoes you weren't able to get from previous releases. I just wish there was a little more variety in the models they released. As stated before itd be nice to see some 16s or 17s

release every OG colorway as often as you like JB, just make them look good and release the ones i dont have so that i may once again wear some shoes that take me back, you to NIKE!!!

Back
Top Bottom