OG vs. RETRO - Air Jordan 8 "Playoffs" (33 pics)

What an excellent post. This should be done with all retro releases. Thanks you and great picks. You get an A+.

I agree with Lndnjs tho, that triangle part doesn't look right. It must be a cheaper way to manufacture the shoe or something.

The red tab is minor in my opinion, its a way to separate the OG from the retro.

Everyone have a glorious weekend, don't get too f upped

Originally Posted by nublee

they just had to make the pull tab black
laugh.gif
good for OG hunters
laugh.gif

Good Post mad props there is only a couple things different and thats good but i like the red loop and the whole mid sole should be dark black!

Wow you guys are nit-pickers! JB finally gives us what we've been waiting for. A retro thats damn near identical to the original, and you guys complain about pull tabs? You gotta be kidding me! If you want red pull tabs pay 300+ the OG plain and simple. No complaints here, thanks JB!
I'm with you, these look on point and if Gentry wants to protect OG's than this is the way to go with the change in pull tab color.Atleast it's not something drastic like what They've done with NIKE AIR on the III-VI. So from the biggest complainer on this board- "STOPCOMPLAINING!"
laugh.gif

wait im lost now. I thought the 8's arnt gonna have the same patter on the sides as the o.g's??? you know, the "bars" ...........somethingswrong because the retro jacket to match those shoes has the other pattern on the sides, the "waves" like on the auqas...........so whats the deal? Ithink those are not coming out that way.

Tell u thr truth the pull tab isn't that serious for me shoes look great can't wait to cop I'm wondering if they gonna be sleepers out there so Imight have to jus cop early

Originally Posted by LndnJs

great post, thanks!

this is the part of the shoe that annoys me the most (and I know I'm being picky)
jordan-8-playoffs-retro-og-comparison-25.jpg

what is up with the triangle cut at the bottom of the tongue? (same on this year's other retro 8s)

Apart from that and the red pull tab they look pretty much dead on
i think the retro looks better^^^^^^in this respect, the triangle, i mean. this may be the closest a retro has come to being identical to a OGsince the '94 retros. i am very pleased. the red pull tab and midsole changes are annoying
indifferent.gif
to say the least, but considering how JB has f*cked up the retros in the recent pastI'd say we all better be happy w/ this one.
smile.gif
pimp.gif
smokin.gif
happy.gif
tongue.gif
wink.gif
glasses.gif
eek.gif

jordan-8-playoffs-retro-og-comparison-22.jpg

My only problem is that the loop buckle on the retros are too small; at times it's quite a struggle when trying to properly fit the strap through thebuckle (and yes I were my VIII's Strapped) . Also the buckle on the OG's seem more durable and less prone to break....still copped though
pimp.gif

Great post. Thanks for the pics.
Wow you guys are nit-pickers! JB finally gives us what we've been waiting for. A retro thats damn near identical to the original, and you guys complain about pull tabs? You gotta be kidding me! If you want red pull tabs pay 300+ the OG plain and simple. No complaints here, thanks JB!
You are right "damn near identical", good thing one of us has 20/20 vision.
The notable differences are the buckle, the midsole coloring, the black pull tab, and Jordan loosing 60 pounds on the tounge stitching.

Awesome pictures....loved the side by side comparisons in all....like everyone else I most definitely will be getting a pair....IMO the only really noticeabledifference is the red pull tab.....that being said, I'm very satisfied based on the quality of recent retros of classic shoes (see all Retro 4's)

I really hope people aren't really complaining about pull tabs. Thats the most ******ed complaint I've ever read.

Great, great comparison. Very close to the OG except for the minor details (midsole and pull tab colors) But no big deal. I really hope the quality is just asgood as the OG. Maybe wit these and the Countdown packs next year, the quality will be tremendous circa 2001 and before.

Originally Posted by BigTy23

Wow you guys are nit-pickers! JB finally gives us what we've been waiting for. A retro thats damn near identical to the original, and you guys complain about pull tabs?
Word!

NT is always unsatisfied.

Thank you JB.

Back
Top Bottom