Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Be lyin if I said she didn't hit me in a couple feels. :lol:

Sarah Silverman did work. :smokin

BTW, you should really check out Lego Movie if you haven't...

Last edited:
Watched we're the millers today, it was funny as hell to me
Surprisingly funny to me as well.

So... I've never watched The Matrix trilogy in it's entirety, and never watched Fight Club.

I know that's a crime, but what should I watch first tonight? 

Someone also recommended Sucker Punch to me but I think Ima put that off for now

You will love The Matrix, and def want to watch the sequel, I would go with those two first. Then Fight Club, then Sucker Punch whenever.

You will love The Matrix, and def want to watch the sequel, I would go with those two first. Then Fight Club, then Sucker Punch whenever.

Yeah...definitely watch The Matrix & Fight Club first.

Maybe save the Matrix sequels for last. Less disappointing that way? :lol:

And make sure you find the extended cut of Sucker Punch. The theatrical cut is just awful nonsense.

Have to watch fight club at least 2 times to fully appreciate it

Last edited:
Shirley MacLaine was beautiful. I mean damn she was fine.

Also they really don't make movies like What A Way To Go! anymore. I enjoyed it.

Last edited:
So I've been watching Modern Family lately, I like it. Phil is funny. :lol: and Gloria is hilarious too. :lol:
When I started watching the show I didn't expect anything from Sofia other than another piece of eye candy. But I have to say, she's a very good comedic actress. She has good timing and delivery.

Watched we're the millers today, it was funny as hell to me
Surprisingly funny to me as well.

So... I've never watched The Matrix trilogy in it's entirety, and never watched Fight Club.

I know that's a crime, but what should I watch first tonight? 

Someone also recommended Sucker Punch to me but I think Ima put that off for now
Watch Fight Club first it's great. The Matrix is great too but it's downhill after that. I really liked Reloaded though but they just never capture what the original provided.

Umm I don't think you should watch Sucker Punch at all unless you just wanna see some cool visuals and hot chicks so you can kinda watch it all on mute. It's really bad. I kinda wish I could un-watch it.

Last edited:
Just came out of A Million Ways to Die In the West.

Here's the plot:
Loser gets dumped
New girl in town builds him up
He kills bad guy
He stays with new girl

(Honestly, for those who watch movies regularly, there should be no such thing as a 'spoiler' because there have only been like two hundred plots in history, you should be able to point them out in your sleep)

I liked it. I feel like it won't be reviewed well. I feel it's a little to clever/ 'smart' (meaning a lot of historical references) for the Neighbors crowd, to raunchy for the people who would get the jokes. On screen he seems comfortable. Him and Charlize Theroin have great chemistry, which may be Macfarlanes natural funniness (you'll see what I mean when you watch it). Only problem, it felt like an extended tv show. Some useless scenes that didn't drive the movie, some scenes that could have been cut short.

Long story short, it's exactly what I expected, some funny parts, some dry spots, but overall a pretty good time.

Imma catch Maleficent later this week. I want to see Chef, but dramas...man idk if I'm down with dramas. No reviews, only snippets, but I imagine it goes: high paid chef, doesn't like/loses his job, job was bad for family life, he decides to start food truck, bumps and bruises, turn, gets family back, finds himself, close curtain. Good story, good actors, sounds good, but I'm not a drama guy. If it get nominated for an academy award, ill watch; I'm going comedies, kids movies and award nominees. Lowkey, might go see Echo.

Last edited:
Alright thanks for the suggestions.

Watching Fight Club soon. Nothing better than a chill night at home watching a good movie by yourself 
pimp.gif

Yeah...definitely watch The Matrix & Fight Club first.

Maybe save the Matrix sequels for last. Less disappointing that way? :lol:

And make sure you find the extended cut of Sucker Punch. The theatrical cut is just awful nonsense.
I still gotta check this out. Picked up the extended blu on Amazon when it released but never watched. I love movies with a female cast like that, though. Or maybe I just love Vanessa Hudgens...

I still gotta check this out. Picked up the extended blu on Amazon when it released but never watched. I love movies with a female cast like that, though. Or maybe I just love Vanessa Hudgens...
Watched Sucker Punch after Fight Club. Don't watch Sucker Punch 
laugh.gif

I liked Sucker Punch. Then again, I like American made Asian films(or at least the ones made for American audiences). The allegory was cool, the movie was tragic. as far as I remember the acting was pretty good. Plus all the girls in the cast were baddies haha. Jena Malone could get it.

See, I wouldn't really defend it against anyone who didn't like it. Cuz it's not a great movie or anything. :lol:

But if all you ever saw was the theater cut, then you didn't really see the movie. No way it made sense to you.

I liked it. I liked what they tried to do, the cast, visuals and themes of it, even if they didn't hit like they wanted to hit.

Last edited:
Currently watching The new Spider-Man and I had to go on NT in the middle of the theater

-Harry Osborne really going to take out two guards at raven croft like that

Soooo Seth macfarlane basically stole this movie:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0063591/?ref_=nv_sr_1
Yeah he seems like the type to rip of Don Knotts and guys like Mel Brooks.
I liked Sucker Punch. Then again, I like American made Asian films(or at least the ones made for American audiences). The allegory was cool, the movie was tragic. as far as I remember the acting was pretty good. Plus all the girls in the cast were baddies haha. Jena Malone could get it.
You got a bad memory then :lol:

If it wasn't for Jamie, Carla, Vanessa, and the protagonist being there to look at I don't think I could've finished the movie
Watched Sucker Punch after Fight Club. Don't watch Sucker Punch :lol:

See, I wouldn't really defend it against anyone who didn't like it. Cuz it's not a great movie or anything. :lol:

But if all you ever saw was the theater cut, then you didn't really see the movie. No way it made sense to you.

I liked it. I liked what they tried to do, the cast, visuals and themes of it, even if they didn't hit like they wanted to hit.
I honestly don't know what's wrong with the director or studio for making a nonsensical move like that in the first place. Lets make a movie, then edit it down for theatrical release to the point it doesn't make any sense and then lets have the version that makes sense be available on blue-ray. It's ridiculous and not an excuse. Is it really a money thing or did they think it'd be a good idea to do it that way? :nerd: Somebody let me know.

It's why I'm more likely to watch the extended/director's cut version of movies I actually liked more than movies that were trash to me. Like when you watch a really bad movie it just has this draining side effect on you to the point that there are bad movies that when I just remember them I get this horrible feeling. So draining. Even if I saw potential in the movie I'm not gonna give it a 2nd chance when it's the bad the first time around, it'd have to be on tv on a bored day where I just leave it on. Can't take no effort in giving trash a second look.

Last edited:
So, I just caught the end of Billy Madison. I don't think I've seen it since middle school. What a weird *** movie. :lol:

Where did that guy go? That dude would kick the **** outta 2014 Adam Sandler.

I honestly don't know what's wrong with the director or studio for making a nonsensical move like that in the first place. Lets make a movie, then edit it down for theatrical release to the point it doesn't make any sense and then lets have the version that makes sense be available on blue-ray. It's ridiculous and not an excuse. Is it really a money thing or did they think it'd be a good idea to do it that way? :nerd: Somebody let me know.

I think in this case, Snyder turned in his cut and the studio hated it, after they spent a lot on it.
So they figured, cut some boring talking, keep it short, with all the action and T&A scenes, and the teenagers'll show up.

Instead the movie made no sense, all the characters felt hollow and everyone **** on it's soul.

I've been singing it's praises if only cuz, it's a decent movie, if it's your thing. It tries to do something interesting, and the hate for it was way overblown cuz of that awful theatrical cut.

He was also in Lethal Weapon 2.

The one that just blew my mind was Enemy of the State. Jon Voight's wife in that film was one Skylar White. :wow:

That cast was ABSURD.

Will, Hackman, Voight, Sizemore, Lisa Bonet, Regina King, Jake Busey, Jack Black, Jamie Kennedy, Scott Caan, Seth Green, Barry Pepper, Skylar, Gabrielle Byrne, Jason Lee, God damn. I recognized damn near every face in the film.

Anybody see the new spider man yet? Saw it yesterday. Some thoughts:

-I like how this reboot is "quirkier" than the last series. It's how I imagine Peter Parker is supposed to be portrayed

-The movie was a little "cartoonish" at time but they're just holding true to the comic book roots

-This new guy playing Spider is miles better than Toby McGuire imo

-There were points in the movie where they tried to do too much. Like the first scene between electrode and spiderman. it was way too long and dragged out

-At first I thought it was corny how they played EDM/Dubstep whenever electrode came on but it grew on me

-The dude playing Harry Osborne did a decent job but Franco will always own that role to me. No knock on this new actor, it's just that Franco is that dude

Just watched the latest Silicon Valley.

"Do you know how fast you can jerk off every guy in this room?"

"I do, and I can prove it."

Hilarious. great show.

Back
Top Bottom