Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

shut up and take my money GIF by Product Hunt

So I watched the new Salem's Lot. What a letdown. Before diving into the complains, the movie looked good. The production value is clearly good and the dark scenes are shot well with natural light to keep the shadows menacing. Some good acting performances throughout. Now...

Reading up on the film after the fact and learning that the studio interfered with a ton of the work makes sense. Felt like there was a lot missing throughout the story, and I haven't even read the book. Couldn't give two ****s about any of the characters, and the deaths all felt hollow, ridiculous, or apathetic to the story; the actors weren't even given the material to care so why should the audience?

Couldn't even give the main villain more than 2 minutes of screen time before the conclusion. This is the biggest offense. You give the characters the knowledge and information about vampires and build up this big bad as a huge force to be reckoned with, and then the movie's over.

Hopefully we get a directors cut that adds back all the cut footage because there was definitely something strong being cooked up here. 20 minutes of added dialogue and character building, another scene or two of the main vampire doing something scary, and maybe there's a decent Halloween film.

3/8

Back
Top Bottom