Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Surprised by the comedy lead actor and actress categories. Only a few network comedy people were nominated. The rest were cable, hbo, showtime, and netlifx people.

Also surprised The White Queen got nominated for Outstanding Miniseries. Thought I was the only one who watched that show. The lead actress had a top notch chest game and let everyone see [emoji]128526[/emoji].

Wow, HBO's True Detective with nominations in Best Drama & Best Actor for Matthew & Woody... Best actor drama category & Best Drama is stacked...

Emmy? Link to nomination list

That category is going to be stupid stacked this year. Hopefully my man from Americans gets a nod this year.
A customer of mine works the Emmys every year since like 89'. For the last two years she's brought me the itienterary for the entire show. Walk ups, speeches, slide shows, songs everything. I wish you guys could see this book man, it's dope! It maps out every single minute of the entire show. Plus the category's, the nominees, and the winners.

Surprised by the comedy lead actor and actress categories. Only a few network comedy people were nominated. The rest were cable, hbo, showtime, and netlifx people.

Also surprised The White Queen got nominated for Outstanding Miniseries. Thought I was the only one who watched that show. The lead actress had a top notch chest game and let everyone see [emoji]128526[/emoji].

Man I loved her. And the show was dope dope too but damn, the White Queen was finer than two 10's

Yeah, I would've made her my queen too as soon as I saw her. Would've had me as a king simping for a little bit.

Would want to see Matt win over cranston too just to hear bb fanboys have their hearts broken. Then have the true detective and bb fans argue.

2014 Emmy nominations-

BEST COMEDY SERIES

“The Big Bang Theory” (CBS)

“Louie” (FX)

“Modern Family” (ABC)

“Orange Is the New Black” (Netflix)

“Silicon Valley” (HBO)

“Veep” (HBO)

BEST DRAMA SERIES

“Breaking Bad” (AMC)

“Downton Abbey” (PBS)

“Game of Thrones” (HBO)

“House of Cards” (Netflix)

“Mad Men” (AMC)

“True Detective” (HBO)

BEST ACTOR IN A COMEDY SERIES

Jim Parsons, “The Big Bang Theory” (CBS)

Matt LeBlanc, “Episodes” (Showtime)

Don Cheadle, “House of Lies” (Showtime)

Louis C.K., “Louie” (FX)

Ricky Gervais, “Derek” (Netflix)

William H. Macy, “Shameless” (Showtime)

BEST ACTRESS IN A COMEDY SERIES

Lena Dunham, “Girls” (HBO)

Melissa McCarthy, “Mike & Molly” (CBS)

Edie Falco, “Nurse Jackie” (Showtime)

Taylor Schilling, “Orange Is the New Black” (Netflix)

Amy Poehler, “Parks and Recreation” (NBC)

Julia Louis-Dreyfus, “Veep” (HBO)

BEST ACTOR IN A DRAMA SERIES

Bryan Cranston, “Breaking Bad” (AMC)

Kevin Spacey, “House of Cards” (Netflix)

Jon Hamm, “Mad Men” (AMC)

Jeff Daniels, “The Newsroom” (HBO)

Matthew McConaughey, “True Detective” (HBO)

Woody Harrelson, “True Detective” (HBO)

BEST ACTRESS IN A DRAMA SERIES

Michelle Dockery, “Downton Abbey” (PBS)

Julianna Margulies, “The Good Wife”

Claire Danes, “Homeland” (Showtime)

Robin Wright, “House of Cards” (Netflix)

Lizzie Caplan, “Masters of Sex” (Showtime)

Kerry Washington, “Scandal” (ABC)

Last edited:
Wow, the traditional network shows hardly anywhere to be found in those nominations. Deservedly so, but still weird to see ...

Matthew Rhys- Americans should replace John Hamm- Mad Men, this past season was terrible on his part.

I don't see McConaughey winning over Cranston, but I really don't care as long as its one of them that win it.

Both were amazing in their roles.

I don't see McConaughey winning over Cranston, but I really don't care as long as its one of them that win it.

Both were amazing in their roles.

I bet Spacey takes it this year, with House of Cards being way more known.

I love Spacey.

American Beauty and Se7en are 2 of my favorite movies, he was great in The Usual Suspects, too.

I don't see him winning over Cranston or McConaughey, tho.

Then again, I don't know a damn thing about House of Cards, :lol:

I give spacey a chance as well. People love house of cards.

McConaughey was so damn good in his role though. I think he gets it.

Networks better take notice. Big Bang better not win. Silicon Valley is an eh nomination, I hope VEEP takes it but I bet Modern Family does, they did a gay wedding episode...it was a great episode. Haven't even been interested in finishing Orange is the New Black, idk why, but I'm over it. Dramas...straight toss up, on everything.

Networks better take notice. Big Bang better not win. Silicon Valley is an eh nomination, I hope VEEP takes it but I bet Modern Family does, they did a gay wedding episode...it was a great episode. Haven't even been interested in finishing Orange is the New Black, idk why, but I'm over it. Dramas...straight toss up, on everything.

Veep will win Comedy again.

Man this Rectify is nice.
Like any Good show I finally pick up, I say "can't believe I didn't watch this before"

Anybody seen this Rectify series?

Edit: I went ahead and started it. Dope

I admire his chill (so far anyway, he's liable to snap at some point) after what he's been through. So many people, maybe myself included, would use this as the "victim card" and never think twice about moving passed such a mucked up dealing.
We talked a little about Rectify a few pages back. I really enjoyed season 1 although it's not for everyone. I don't have Sundance so I'm gonna have to wait for s2

Louie should win

Julia should win

Spacey should win

Wright should win

Matthew Rhys should've replaced Daniels for a nom

Louis C.K. or Macy should win

House of Cards should win (not surprised or mad if BB, GoT, TD wins. Would be if MM wins, they need one eventually, probably next year).

Nice to see Kaplan get some recognition.

Last edited:
Anybody seen this Rectify series?

Edit: I went ahead and started it. Dope

I admire his chill (so far anyway, he's liable to snap at some point) after what he's been through. So many people, maybe myself included, would use this as the "victim card" and never think twice about moving passed such a mucked up dealing.
We talked a little about Rectify a few pages back. I really enjoyed season 1 although it's not for everyone. I don't have Sundance so I'm gonna have to wait for s2

Yea man I'm impressed. I looked on Cox because I wanted to DVR the new season, couldn't find it. Found it online season 1 and 2. Is Sundance a Direct Tv channel or something only, can't find it at all!

Louie should win

Julia should win

Spacey should win

Wright should win

Matthew Rhy should've replaced Daniels for a nom

House of Cards should win (not surprised or mad if BB, GoT, TD wins. Would be if MM wins, they need one eventually, probably next year).

Rhys getting straight snubbed. He's money in that role. So believable. I like Daniels in the running,I'm a Newsroom fan though. He shocked the World when he won last year

Last edited:
What's the name of that new movie that's gonna come out where one of the guy's who played Doctor Who is a gangster/bully to this other guy chasing him around this slum neighborhood?

There was a trailer for it posted in here not that long ago.

Louie should win

Julia should win

Spacey should win

Wright should win

Matthew Rhy should've replaced Daniels for a nom

Rhys getting straight snubbed. He's money in that role. So believable. I like Daniels in the running,I'm a Newsroom fan though. He shocked the World when he won last year
I really like the Newsroom too but that last season wasn't that good. In the first season he was great not so much 2nd time around.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom