Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

BTW, since this is a film thread, I just came back from a Borders near my place that is closing down. Anyways, 80% of everything (which was basically barely anything) and for $20, I managed to pick up:

Chris Gore's Ultimate Film Festival Survival Guide

Inglourious Basterds Screenplay by Quentin Tarantino

Blu-Ray of one of my favorite comedies of the decade (will be left nameless for obvious reasons)

The New Biographical Dictionary of Film (basically a 1000+ page encyclopedia of directors/actors in film)

I'm mainly happy with the film dictionary. It's basically a movie version of the Rolling Stones Encyclopedia of Rock and Roll.

BTW, since this is a film thread, I just came back from a Borders near my place that is closing down. Anyways, 80% of everything (which was basically barely anything) and for $20, I managed to pick up:

Chris Gore's Ultimate Film Festival Survival Guide

Inglourious Basterds Screenplay by Quentin Tarantino

Blu-Ray of one of my favorite comedies of the decade (will be left nameless for obvious reasons)

The New Biographical Dictionary of Film (basically a 1000+ page encyclopedia of directors/actors in film)

I'm mainly happy with the film dictionary. It's basically a movie version of the Rolling Stones Encyclopedia of Rock and Roll.

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

Originally Posted by DubA169

what do you mean? like censorship wise? There isn't much cursing. I don't think they would cut anything out. Not a very gory movie

Deniro and Juliette Lewis are amazing. my dad swears the original is better but i've never seen it

No deniro biting
they censored it? or no biting in the original movie?

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

Originally Posted by DubA169

what do you mean? like censorship wise? There isn't much cursing. I don't think they would cut anything out. Not a very gory movie

Deniro and Juliette Lewis are amazing. my dad swears the original is better but i've never seen it

No deniro biting
they censored it? or no biting in the original movie?

CP1708 wrote:

I dunno about you all, but it took me about 11 seconds to come up with a 250 movie list for the 90's.  I've spent like 3 hours this week, and I can't come up with a comprehensive list of 2000 movies to save my damn life. 
grin.gif
  I can find 50's and some ok top 20's, but anything over 100 is watered down with crap.  I'm damn near having to come up with my own list and I know that is going to lead me to forget a TON of movies. 
30t6p3b.gif

that's why i chose to sit out. Gonna have fun criticizing all the movies yall pick
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Dub=
jay_sherman_it_stinks.jpg

the 90's were so deep

btw bevis and butthead was also an awesome movie that wasn't picked

Fun little fact the score is the same as the original with bits and pieces of Bernard Hermann's unused score for Hitchcock's Torn Curtain mixed in.

CP1708 wrote:

I dunno about you all, but it took me about 11 seconds to come up with a 250 movie list for the 90's.  I've spent like 3 hours this week, and I can't come up with a comprehensive list of 2000 movies to save my damn life. 
grin.gif
  I can find 50's and some ok top 20's, but anything over 100 is watered down with crap.  I'm damn near having to come up with my own list and I know that is going to lead me to forget a TON of movies. 
30t6p3b.gif

that's why i chose to sit out. Gonna have fun criticizing all the movies yall pick
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Dub=
jay_sherman_it_stinks.jpg

the 90's were so deep

btw bevis and butthead was also an awesome movie that wasn't picked

Fun little fact the score is the same as the original with bits and pieces of Bernard Hermann's unused score for Hitchcock's Torn Curtain mixed in.

Ill, when you buy those screenplays, what it's in them of interest?  Are there like production notes, or stories about filming, or is basically the movie in text version only?  I can't say I've really ever gone and looked at books about movies before.  Maybe I should wander over to one and take a look. 

Johnny, I hear ya on the Animated, but my point was that if people wanted to include them, that is what the utility is for.  But I didn't want to force everyone to have to choose one.  Same with Foreign films.  Certainly they belong on rosters and what not, but not everyone would choose them or even watch them, so I didn't want to make them have to choose one, while still allowing those that want to a chance to select them and stick them in their 2 extra spots if they wanted. 

Ill, when you buy those screenplays, what it's in them of interest?  Are there like production notes, or stories about filming, or is basically the movie in text version only?  I can't say I've really ever gone and looked at books about movies before.  Maybe I should wander over to one and take a look. 

Johnny, I hear ya on the Animated, but my point was that if people wanted to include them, that is what the utility is for.  But I didn't want to force everyone to have to choose one.  Same with Foreign films.  Certainly they belong on rosters and what not, but not everyone would choose them or even watch them, so I didn't want to make them have to choose one, while still allowing those that want to a chance to select them and stick them in their 2 extra spots if they wanted. 

Watched a movie called Vanishing on 7th street last night.  Hayden Christenson, stars as a guy named Luke. 
indifferent.gif
  What, Obi Wan wasn't available?  They shoulda changed that characters name the second he signed on. 
laugh.gif
  Anyhoo, it's got like 7 cast members in the whole film and revolves around the end of the world so to speak as people suddenly just disapear if they are not near light at all times.  Their clothes are just left there on the ground (believe that's a biblical thing is it not?) 

It's less than 90 minutes, so it's actually worth a look just one time.  Like a 5 outta 10. 

Watched a movie called Vanishing on 7th street last night.  Hayden Christenson, stars as a guy named Luke. 
indifferent.gif
  What, Obi Wan wasn't available?  They shoulda changed that characters name the second he signed on. 
laugh.gif
  Anyhoo, it's got like 7 cast members in the whole film and revolves around the end of the world so to speak as people suddenly just disapear if they are not near light at all times.  Their clothes are just left there on the ground (believe that's a biblical thing is it not?) 

It's less than 90 minutes, so it's actually worth a look just one time.  Like a 5 outta 10. 

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

JRP - 1.5
JPZ - 2.5
Dirk - 3.5
Ill - 6.5
Kool - 6.5
Shaun - 7
Prime - 8
Me - 8.5
CP - 9
Nos - 9.5
MrO - 10
Big J - 10.5
Venom - 11
Johnny - 11

Two ties there, but I went by who had the highest slot in either randomization.

rats...
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

JRP - 1.5
JPZ - 2.5
Dirk - 3.5
Ill - 6.5
Kool - 6.5
Shaun - 7
Prime - 8
Me - 8.5
CP - 9
Nos - 9.5
MrO - 10
Big J - 10.5
Venom - 11
Johnny - 11

Two ties there, but I went by who had the highest slot in either randomization.

rats...
ohwell.gif

As far as voting goes, no more of this nonsense with General.

Lets get 5-10 people who are not participating in the draft to be the official voters, and make them judge on a whole list, not 1 or 2 movies like the morons in General.

This is the fair way to do it, if we want to get a good result

Lets get 5-10 people who are not participating in the draft to be the official voters, and make them judge on a whole list, not 1 or 2 movies like the morons in General.

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

Agreed. We can still post the results, but no more input.

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

Agreed. We can still post the results, but no more input.

Watched about 20 minutes of the middle of Cape Fear. Nice cast, nice tone, no idea what the hell's going on. Gotta watch the whole thing one of these days.

Watched about 20 minutes of the middle of Cape Fear. Nice cast, nice tone, no idea what the hell's going on. Gotta watch the whole thing one of these days.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Here's an example of a screenplay. Really, there is nothing more gained by reading one. It's just a nice way to see what the original writer had in mind compared to director's final vision.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Here's an example of a screenplay. Really, there is nothing more gained by reading one. It's just a nice way to see what the original writer had in mind compared to director's final vision.

BTW, what kind of films are you interested in CP? Maybe I can suggest some you would want to check out (none from 2000-10 of course)..

Back
Top Bottom