Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Haven't been in this thread for a while, but just had to mention this.. has anyone seen 99 Homes?

If not here's the trailer:

Using doubletoasted.com's rating system, this was a film that started of as "Better than Sex" and at then end, being a "Some 'ol Bull****." The film has a lot of tense filmed moments and Shannon + Garfield put in some high quality work. But my God, is the main character's logic horrendous. Just couldn't believe how poorly Garfield's character was written. Ugh, what a waste of a film. Should have just stayed home and watched Beasts of No Nation. |I

What's the consensus of Beasts so far? 8o Figuring out when I can sit and watch it this weekend.

Netflix released the new Anthony Jeselnik standup today. Big fan of his. The new special is pretty solid, but his previous was probably a little better. A few of the jokes in this one real more of the shock value/offensiveness vs. cleverness.

I want a brief review after every episode from here on out.
Chill :lol

You might enjoy it better that way honestly...

It's too bad Brandon Lee died (for multiple reasons). Although I think the Crow is just an OK movie, I think he would have been a big star had he lived longer, which maybe could have broken down some barriers. Then again, he's probably a special case since he was the son of literally a legend.

Till this day, I still think that Brandon Lee would've been Neo in the Matrix series instead of Keanu...

Wasn't will smith the first choice?

From a money perspective, Will got to star in the movie and do songs for the soundtrack. I wanna say one had Sisqo or Dru Hill on it so I'm sure he's enjoying those music royalties :lol

Aint no hip hop in the Matrix soundtrack.

And I guess when you think of Will's formula for choosing movies the Matrix for w/e reason didn't pass the buck and WWW being a comedy action sorta sci-fi western did.

Still would like to visit the parallel world Will did do the movie.

Netflix released the new Anthony Jeselnik standup today. Big fan of his. The new special is pretty solid, but his previous was probably a little better. A few of the jokes in this one real more of the shock value/offensiveness vs. cleverness.
I liked it but I think you're right, everyone knows his offensiveness is his thing.. but he's not only offensive but also clever and subversive. So this one felt like you waited for the offensive more than the offensive being the surprise/twist of the joke.

I still liked it though, definitely will watch it again.

Watched Goldeneye tonight probably for the first time in like 15 years. I'm admittedly not a huge Bond fan, I like them.. but I'm not a diehard. It held up pretty well, though. Sean Bean was great, Famke was beautiful, and I liked it overall, but I don't think I ever really liked Brosnan for whatever reason. He was good, don't get me wrong, but I just wasn't a huge fan of his.

And everyone has those movies that they can just throw on in the background of watch on cable a million times and never get tired of it.. and I think The Martian will be that movie for me.

I saw it in theaters, then watched a bad/decent copy and still enjoyed it.. and I think I can watch it a lot of times and never get tired of it.

I know John Wick has been mentioned, but ehh.. I watched it a second time and still loved it, but I don't see myself reaching to watch it again. I think a movie has to have some comedy in it for me to really be able to watch it a million times. Wick has a couple of funny points, but yeah 
laugh.gif

I'm really excited to watch Beasts of No Nation, but I've also wanted to rewatch Interstellar recently. Why not both?

Last edited:
All of yall need to be watching The Knick, like right now. It's on Cinemax for the new S2 eps. HBO promoting it pretty well. The entire first season on demand and on HBOGo.

Steven Sodenbergh :hat

Clive Owen :smokin

Last edited:
Speaking of Cinemax, I saw that Jupiter Ascending is showing. Tempted to watch a few minutes just to see how bad it is...

Watching this Green Inferno, man is Roth making movies just so this IZzo chick can have a job. She's sexy in that Slutty way though. He married a good one

I don't want to sound like a snob or anything, but I really can't watch shows with laugh tracks anymore. Tried the Ken Jeong show tonight and the canned laughs over and over was all I could focus on. I think it's so antiquated. If something is funny, it's funny. You shouldn't have to tell people when to laugh. /end mini-rant.

Beasts of No Nation is intense.

Not that it's difficult to follow, but make sure you're in the mood and free of distractions when you sit down to watch it. It's intense, gripping, insanely well acted by Idris Elba and Abrahram Attah who was incredible as the young lead.

I kind of just let the credits roll afterwards and sat there in silence once it finished, I just needed a minute.

Last edited:
I kind of just let the credits roll afterwards and sat there in silence once it finished, I just needed a minute.
damn, can't think of too many movies that had that effect on me tbh

Blue Valentine, Like Crazy, and Furious 7 are the only recent films that come to mind

I don't want to sound like a snob or anything, but I really can't watch shows with laugh tracks anymore. Tried the Ken Jeong show tonight and the canned laughs over and over was all I could focus on. I think it's so antiquated. If something is funny, it's funny. You shouldn't have to tell people when to laugh. /end mini-rant.
What are your thoughts on late night shows?

Back
Top Bottom