Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

what's the worst movie y'all watched this year?

For me its hands down Fifty Shades of Grey. I'm still mad i had to spend money to watch that trash.

Pixels gets the slight edge over Grey.

I knew both were gonna be terrible but at least I knew I was gonna be smashing soon after Grey so it made it easier to deal with.

My girl has terrible taste in movies sometimes :lol:

It's easy to pick a movie we all knew would be trash and call it the worst movie of the year

What was the most disappointing movie of the year?

I never got around to watching fant4stic so I would go with sicario

pixels might not technically be the worst but after watching it, i was actually angry that millions were spent making that steaming pile of crap.

It's easy to pick a movie we all knew would be trash and call it the worst movie of the year

What was the most disappointing movie of the year?

I never got around to watching fant4stic so I would go with sicario

SPECTRE

so much potential, wasted.

Last edited:
Best movies I saw This year

Brooklyn
Diary of a teenage girl
Mad max
Inside out
Carol

Hard to leave creed and tangerine out. Will watch 45 years and the big short this weekend

Worst:

fantastic 4!

Focus (starring Will Smith and Margot Robbie) is hands down the worst movie I've seen in 2015. Trash 2/5

Other honorable mentions on my worst of 2015 go to Avengers: Age of Ultron and Southpaw

My most disappointing movie experience: easily spectre (thought age of ultron of could have been better too.. Ditto tomorrowland because I'm a huge bird fan.. And ditto pitch perfect 2)

Worst me I saw (didn't see either in the theater): aloha and/or fan4tastic (only watched bits of greys)

Best, I'll have to think about and figure out when movies were released.. TFA, kingsman, ex machina, mad max are there

Really enjoyed antman, but I'll have to see hateful 8, the Martian and the revenant

Last edited:
Boy Quintin Tarentino went from slipping in one "dead n storage line" to popping it 100+ times a movie didn't he.

Hateful 8 is mad wild already. Is this like a 19th Century Reservoir Dogs?

Best movies I saw This year

Brooklyn
Diary of a teenage girl
Mad max
Inside out
Carol

Hard to leave creed and tangerine out. Will watch 45 years and the big short this weekend

Worst:

fantastic 4!
didn't think I'd see anyone one nt mention Tangerine.  Crazy that the whole film was shot on an iphone and there's talk of Oscar buzz

Best films that I saw this year were
Mad Max
TFA
Martian
Inside out
Ex Machina

Worst films that I sat through were;
Hot Pursuit
Unfinished Business
The Boy Next Door

what's the worst movie y'all watched this year?

51cUxhSBh9L.jpg

By Far.

50 Shades was such crap :lol: we watched like maybe 30 or 40 minutes worth before we started fooling around n turned it off. It just didn't have any feel to it. Starts off with this random girl in this random dudes office and the build up is weak. How you gonna have a girl losing her virginity not express any pain?

I'd never heard of Tangerine, I just watched the preview.
Was all the way in when I saw it was from the Duplass Brothers.

I loved Dope and it kind of has that feel with a touch of another movie I loved , Go.

With that being said, I'm not ready to watch a movie like that. It creeps me out. I'm not that desensitized yet to watch a Trans lead, if I have a choice in the matter.

It may sound harsh or close minded but I wondered if anyone else felt the same, which is why I chose to voice my opinion on the matter. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against people's preference but something about a man trying to sound like a lady really throws me off. It's uncomfortable for me and I don't like it.

In all, this probably isn't the thread so I can edit, delete or move the post if need be but, am I alone in feeling this way?

Tangerine is awesome. Worst movie of the year for me was Mortdecai. Honorable mention of terrible is anything done by Adam Sandler.

“Star Wars: The Force Awakens” has stayed spectacular following its record-setting Christmas weekend, adding $70.8 million on Monday to push its worldwide gross to a stunning $1.16 billion after only 13 days.

The space saga took in $31.4 million on Monday in U.S. theaters and another $39.4 million in international showings. The domestic total has hit $571.4 million and the international cume is at $589.7 million.

The seventh “Star Wars” film is already the fifth-biggest domestic grosser of all time, trailing “Avatar” at $760 million, “Titanic” at $658 million, “Jurassic World” at $652 million and “Marvel’s The Avengers” at $623 million.

Disney’s “The Force Awakens” is now the 10th highest box office performer on a worldwide basis. Monday’s performance moved it forward five slots past “Transformers: Age of Extinction” ($1.104 billlion), “Skyfall” ($1.109 billion), “The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King” ($1.12 billion), “Transformers: Dark of the Moon” ($1.124 billion) and “Minions” ($1.157 billion).

“The Force Awakens” has a shot at becoming the top film on the all-time worldwide list, which is topped by “Avatar” at $2.78 billion, “Titanic” at $2.19 billion, “Jurassic World” at $1.67 billion, “Marvel’s The Avengers” at $1.52 billion and “Furious 7” at $1.515 billion.

It will likely move up several spots on the list by the end of next weekend. “The Avengers: Age of Ultron” is sixth at $1.41 billion, followed by “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows — Part 2” at $1.34 billion, “Frozen” at $1.28 billion and “Iron Man 3” at $1.22 billion.

“The Force Awakens” began its international release on Dec. 16 and opened two days later in the U.S

Insane #'s. :pimp:

I'm still blown Avatar did those #'s man.!

Me too. No matter how many times I hear that Avatar is the top grossing movie of all time (for now), I still can't bring myself to believe it. The grosses of that and Titanic were, IMO, the product of incredibly fortunate timing. Titanic was released in a weak year for movies, so it had very little competition and stayed in theaters forever. Avatar came along when 3D was coming into vogue, too the technology to a new level and benefitted greatly from it.

Now that the 3D novelty has worn off some and there are so many movies that do it well, I'm going to be real interested to see how the Avatar sequels do.

To add my list:

Worst movie I watched: Hunger Games

Most Disappointing: Green Inferno and I didn't even watch it.

I'd never heard of Tangerine, I just watched the preview.
Was all the way in when I saw it was from the Duplass Brothers.

I loved Dope and it kind of has that feel with a touch of another movie I loved , Go.

With that being said, I'm not ready to watch a movie like that. It creeps me out. I'm not that desensitized yet to watch a Trans lead, if I have a choice in the matter.

It may sound harsh or close minded but I wondered if anyone else felt the same, which is why I chose to voice my opinion on the matter. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against people's preference but something about a man trying to sound like a lady really throws me off. It's uncomfortable for me and I don't like it.

In all, this probably isn't the thread so I can edit, delete or move the post if need be but, am I alone in feeling this way?

"Go" is one of my favorite movies of all time. Not many people have even heard of it :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

"Go" is one of my favorite movies of all time. Not many people have even heard of it :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

That's the one with Katie Holmes and the guy from Party of Five (and a bunch of other people, (Taye Diggs?)), right? Actually saw that in the theater. Remember liking it, but not loving it.

I saw Avatar in the theaters 3 times.

It was an event. Once with my brothers, once with my mom, once with friends. It was unlike anything I've seen in a theater before. Yeah, the story was lame and unoriginal but the visuals were outstanding. It definitely earned the top spot.

The plot wasn't original but the way some talk about the movie in here make it sound like it was a total garbage movie.

Back
Top Bottom