Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Name 5 biopics you'd like to see get done.

Bob Ross
Leonardo Da Vinci
Nikola Tesla
Jim Henson
Roberto Clemente

Last edited:
His 2011 I haven't seen one of the films.
haven't seen intouchables. kinda liked x-men first class and would put that over raid redemption. preferred raid 2 and both raid movies are just mindless brutality.

taking a quick scan through 2011, i would pick these over his choices: super 8, drive, MI: ghost protocol, moneyball, and probably even the descendants.

The Raid movies all have a pretty character driven story to them on top of the amazing fight scenes and car chases.

There isn't a X-Men movie better than any of The Raid movies. The director is better than Singer, Ratner, and Vaughn too.

Intouchables is the movie I never saw.

Should Ridley Scott (Gladiator) have lost the Oscar for Best Director to Steven Soderbergh( Traffic), in 2000?

Should Ridley Scott (Gladiator) have lost the Oscar for Best Director to Steven Soderbergh( Traffic), in 2000?
gladiator was the superior movie.

Easily
Traffic was overrated. Gladiator was much better.

I personally like Gladiator much better than Traffic, but I wouldn't call someone crazy for thinking the opposite.

Traffic was NOT overrated. For shame. :smh:

Gladiator is probably the better film, no prob with that, but that doesn't make Traffic overrated.

They're remaking clue.. Don't know why someone would think that's a good idea

Is anyone under, say 20, going to know what the movie's all about anyway? Do people even play board games anymore?

No clue.. I have no idea who or how big they thing the market is for a clue movie..

And the original had a charm about it that, that I don't really think they can recapture now

Like a lot of movies in the 80s, don't think you can recapture the things that made them good

Like a lot of movies in the 80s, don't think you can recapture the things that made them good

Completely agree. I pretty much cringe anytime I hear news of a new 80s remake in the works. Plus, churning out remake after remake just screams laziness and lack of creativity.

The lethal weapon tv show looks like it'll be cancelled by episode 5. Fade into bolivia like the rush hour show we just had.

Steven Sodenbergh was nominated twice that year for best director for Traffic and Erin Brokovich.

There was no way he was not leaving with the Oscar for best director that year.

Traffic was a great movie to me. So was Gladiator but this not best film we're talking about but best director. Scott or Sodenbergh. In a year he's nominated for 2 different really good movies.

Of course this can lead in to the argument over best film and best director (what's the difference). In this case though it was not an upset.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom