Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Ep 2 was definitely used to show the back story of how Project Pat came to be... What was up with poppa Melrose taking the knife to old girl’s leg?

Ironic Pat’s mother wanted to donate money to save children but was powerless to save her own son...

Deadpool 2

7/8 I enjoyed it, over the story was better than the 1st but kicks off a little differently, possibly slower.

Good stuff would recommend

Oh and I watched Fahrenheit 451 last night

2/8

First of all, I am an idiot and started watching it thinking it was a 1:40 series premiere.

Nope, its a one off movie on HBO wtf

Honestly, it borderline sucked tbh. The cast was good, writing I think did the best they could with the restraints of a movie. But just the story and the plot being condensed and plowed thru in relatively short order did not work whatsoever. This could have possibly worked as a mini series and stretched out and got out of the thematic notes as much as they could.

Revenge 6/8 - Well acted. Gruesome violence. Saw this one in a tiny indie theater here in San Diego so the score and setting really pulled me in. Check it out.

Oh and I watched Fahrenheit 451 last night

2/8

First of all, I am an idiot and started watching it thinking it was a 1:40 series premiere.

Nope, its a one off movie on HBO wtf

Honestly, it borderline sucked tbh. The cast was good, writing I think did the best they could with the restraints of a movie. But just the story and the plot being condensed and plowed thru in relatively short order did not work whatsoever. This could have possibly worked as a mini series and stretched out and got out of the thematic notes as much as they could.
I thought it was a series too but when I pressed guide and the movie was in a red block I was like damn it's movie.

I should've figured they couldn't lock down a rising star like MBJ for a series.

Didn't brother to rate it.

As you said the acting was good. Actors gave their performances as best they could; MBJ, Sofia, agent Val Alden. The story just wasn't fully complete.

It definitely needed to be longer to fleshed out but given the length it already wss it did drag at points.

Not to mention the new futuristic stuff they added they didn't do enough with (loading all the literature in to DNA, the 9 (basically the new internet), film and tv also being banned.

There was a lot of metaphor and philosophy they didn't and probably couldn't unpack and tap in to.

Kind of a shame. Farenheit 451was one of the earliest books I vividly remember that I had to read for school that I never fully could get my full opinion on compared to the Great Gatsby, The Old Man & the Sea, etc.

Plus imo it always stuck out that the Twilight Zone did the concept far better in like 22 min.

Random thoughts... :smokin John Malkovich donning the russian accent again a la Teddy kgb for Showtime’s Billions...

:evil: Condola Rashad... something about a beautiful women dressed in business clothes & heels... lort have mercy that’s hella sexy.

Titus Welliver isn’t in enough projects... Love his Amazon Prime show Bosch. Love Jamie Hector on the show too but I keep expecting him to say, “My name is my name.” :lol:

One of my favorite if not my favorite 80s show is Magnum PI... saw the extended trailer & I like the idea that they cast Jay Hernandez as Thomas Magnum. The show is exec produced by Justin Lin so it looks like it might have a F&F vibe. I like the idea of Higgins as a female ex Brit Intelligence/MI6 too... Hernandez looks an awful lot like Alexis Sanchez of Manchester United... watching the trailer I kept thinking that It was Alexis... :lol: Hope Sung Kang is a series regular...

tenor.gif

:pimp:

Finally watched the latest ep of Billions... The story Malkovich’s character tells Axe at the end is fricking insanely menacing especially after telling him he can’t lose his money.

Clancy Brown as Attorney Gen. Jock Jeffcoat is awesome. He plays that role like a policitcal predator with stones & gravitas...

Deadpool 2 7/8 - Better than the original. Better than Infinity War. The plot was solid and the references were on point.

NO ONE CAN EXPLAIN TO ME WHAT THE MEANING BEHIND MALKOVICH's DRUNK LITTLE BOY STORY AT THE END OF THE BILLIONS EPISODE AND I AM GOING MAD!!

NO ONE CAN EXPLAIN TO ME WHAT THE MEANING BEHIND MALKOVICH's DRUNK LITTLE BOY STORY AT THE END OF THE BILLIONS EPISODE AND I AM GOING MAD!!

He didn't come right out & say it but Andolov raped the mother when he realized the kid he gave his Christmas wine to wasn't hungry but just a greedy little boy. Once he was finished, he "gave" her to the soldiers who finished the job & killed her leaving the boy an orphan. The point of the story is he doesn't give a faq about anything (much less that little boy) & will kill Axe & everyone he loves if he loses his money.

I liked Silence as well. Neeson was a great choice to be the main Father they go out to find. the presence to educate adolescents into grown men. I like the chemistry between Driver and Garfield but since it was mostly Garfield did they think he was a bigger star than Driver at the time? or a better actor overall?

Story was great though. a take on religion and missionary work that I don't think has been done before (Christianity in Japan). Scorsese is a legend already and we know he's the type to respect the classic cinema films so I could see glimpses of old Japanese films like Rashomon (when Garfield is talking to the general waving the fans and laughing)

6/8. .5 taken only because It could've been cut down in length.

It was Marty doing a movie with neither of his chosen boys (DeNiro or DiCaprio) so he may have been looking for a new (to him) young up and comer in this stage of his career to go on a run with.

The script as is, Driver and Garfield were both cast well but if Marty wanted to switch things up Driver could've easily been the lead.

Given the story, I think Marty just felt Garfield was better to carry this vehicle which he did really well.

And yeah, the length was an issue and easily could've been a bigger problem but I think it only felt that way in the beginning. I felt after the first 45 min in the story had you engaged enough you can just ride out the remaining 2 hours.

And yeah the nods to Japanese cinema was strong in this. I got fully immersed in this period piece.

That movie Cabin Boy :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

They did ol boy DIRTY! Put him on a raft 2 miles behind the boat in the middle of the ocean and all they gave him was a gallon of chocolate milk, some moldy bread, some cooking oil for sunscreen, then told him sea water was fine to drink :lol:

Such an awful funny movie

i thought Fahrenheit 451 was good

The scheme to dumb down black people first then the whites juxtaposed with the blind woman and the braille book like the most disadvantaged being the ones to carry on the duty of information

I think the plan to get the transponder could have been better

It would have been nice if it was a show but I thought it was still good

cant believe im anticipating solo

last jedi was so awful im feenin for a movie i didnt even want made

good reviews, ron howard, plus hoping most of lord and miller movie is left intact has me being optimistic but not getting my hopes up incase its a **** storm like last jedi

cant believe im anticipating solo

last jedi was so awful im feenin for a movie i didnt even want made

good reviews, ron howard, plus hoping most of lord and miller movie is left intact has me being optimistic but not getting my hopes up incase its a **** storm like last jedi
Just saw an article that its the lowest projected opening for a Disney Star Wars movie yet. I don't even care it seems like a cool flick.

That movie Cabin Boy :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

They did ol boy DIRTY! Put him on a raft 2 miles behind the boat in the middle of the ocean and all they gave him was a gallon of chocolate milk, some moldy bread, some cooking oil for sunscreen, then told him sea water was fine to drink :lol:

Such an awful funny movie
The one with Chris Elliot? Haven't seen it in years

Back
Top Bottom