Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

I started On My Block last night.
Only 1 episode in.
Should I do Expanse first?
Depends on how you wanna end your night.

With something fun, light, a bit of drama, and funny or with something a bit more dark, compelling, kind of a thriller, noir-ish, and more sci-fi action.

On My Block is also a bit quicker given the length of eps.

Trust ep10 is on tonight.

THank GODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD.

im watching this old 80’s show called head of the class. they got 30 something year old detective torres from new york undercover playing a high school student jesus christ hollywood had no shame back then :lol:

A LOT of TV shows (and films) have 20-somethings play high school students instead of actual teenagers.

It cuts down on the legal limitations of having a minor on a film set.

anyone ever watch these back to back?

its kinda ironic

Screen Shot 2018-05-28 at 5.47.03 PM.png
vs
512Psg98KLL._SY445_.jpg

a black man has his life stolen a white man exercises his privilege

anyone ever watch these back to back?

its kinda ironic

12-years-a-slave-Copy.jpg
vs
512Psg98KLL._SY445_.jpg

a black man has his life stolen a white man exercises his privilege
Don't see the irony.

And given what the movies about, seeing it less.

You can pretty much ignorantly whittle down any movie with a white lead to a "white man exercises his privilege" :lol:

Gotta have more substance if these aint hot takes.

Solo: A Star Wars Story (2 viewings) 5/8 - Its fine. I liked the movie. I think the humor is great the name drops and Easter eggs are awesome. Its clearly a film they wanted to make for the fans I think they just went one or two references too far. My only gripes with it were the Marauders and how they shoved those dice down your throat a couple of times. It was like jeez I remember the dice from The Last Jedi leave it alone lol.

watched the gringo today. i was surprised at the big names in the cast. michael jackson's kid was even in it. story was ok. dialogue was ok. despite all the star power, it was just an ok time killer. i wasn't angry for spending 90 minutes on it. 5.2/8

revenge looks great but they show too much in the trailer.

american animals looks fantastic.

watched the gringo today. i was surprised at the big names in the cast. michael jackson's kid was even in it. story was ok. dialogue was ok. despite all the star power, it was just an ok time killer. i wasn't angry for spending 90 minutes on it. 5.2/8

revenge looks great but they show too much in the trailer.

american animals looks fantastic.

i thought it was one of those movies where it was obvious a white person wrote it or directed it or both

i thought it was one of those movies where it was obvious a white person wrote it or directed it or both
definitely lots of stereotyping going on. david oyelowo wins in the end though.

watched fahrenheit 451. wow! what a trash movie and a waste of talent. yikes. trashfire/8. horrible.

So I've watched The Brothers Grimm like 3 nights in a row and it got me thinking. It's gotta be in my top 5 awful movies that I love a lot. I'm mean it's so terrible but I watch it every time it's on :lol:

My top 5 Box office flop/ critically bashed movies, without thinking much into it.......

1. Hook

2. Johnny Mnemonic

3. Bill and Teds Bogus Journey

4. Super Mario Brothers

5. Brothers Grimm

Honorable mention:

Jack black, Seth Green, some girl, rollerblading.

Airborne is a movie I could pick up from any point and be entertained. Funny seeing a young Jack Black and Seth Green in there. As a kid that downhill race always entertained me.
Hook is also a childhood classic for me.

^ My wife chuckles every time I get caught up watching Roadhouse (RIP Swayze). Maaaan, Sam Elliott isn't in enough movies.

Everyone should have a friend like Wade or like Jimmy in The Town... :lol:

I love this movie... Brad Pitt is at his best when he's playing a dirt ball or odd ball... be it this movie, Fight Club, Inglousious, even True Romance. Good to hear Guy Ritchie is back doing a Brit crime flick, Toff Guys. I was hoping he do another RockNRolla which I think is under appreciated.

Last edited:
Looks like its Upgrade and American Animals this weekend.

Things seem to be picking up in June though :pimp:

Back on my multiple movies in a day grind.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom